Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › If the Constitution were written today...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If the Constitution were written today... (Read 1,327 times)
Luther
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: If the Constitution were written today...
Reply #10 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:35am:
I don't think he does it to sell book. His latest book debuted at # 1 before it was even actually in the stores.

He believes it will work and even he points out the pitfalls of calling for a CC.

The "watch what you wish for"...was my opinion. Does he expect that liberals and RINOs are going to correct what is wrong in this country?

That's where I think he's naive but he's far more informed on this issue than me and likely anyone being that he is a Constitutional attorney.

Quote:
I don't think he does it to sell book. His latest book debuted at # 1 before it was even actually in the stores.

He believes it will work and even he points out the pitfalls of calling for a CC.

Not me.

He knows it's over. He's not stupid

Kinda like my local conservative Talk Radio guy who I met privately agreed with me it's over, but he puts on a show on a daily basis.

Guys got to make a living right? Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:40am:
Not me.

He knows it's over. He's not stupid

Kinda like my local conservative Talk Radio guy who I met privately agreed with me it's over, but he puts on a show on a daily basis.

Guys got to make a living right? Wink

So what should we do crawl in a hole and die? You make the best of what you have if indeed it's over. Much of the America we knew is over. But bitching about the same thing isn't going to change it.

You, yourself was very active and now even you seem to have resigned yourself to the fact that short of a revolution in the streets, nothing is going to change. I addressed that days ago in a reply to you. A revolution in today's world similar to back in the 1700s is not going to happen. And yes it's a weak citizenry and getting weaker.

You know very well that I'm no Trumpster but even if he gets 1/5 of what he promised done it's lightyears beyond anything Hillary would have done. She would have been Obama 3.0. Christ, he's isn't even in office a full 6 months yet. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #12 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:47am:
So what should we do crawl in a hole and die? You make the best of what you have if indeed it's over. Much of the America we knew is over. But bitching about the same thing isn't going to change it.

You, yourself was very active and now even you seem to have resigned yourself to the fact that short of a revolution in the streets, nothing is going to change. I addressed that days ago in a reply to you. A revolution in today's world similar to back in the 1700s is not going to happen. And yes it's a weak citizenry and getting weaker.

You know very well that I'm no Trumpster but even if he gets 1/5 of what he promised done it's lightyears beyond anything Hillary would have done. She would have been Obama 3.0. Christ, he's isn't even in office a full 6 months yet. Roll Eyes

Quote:
But bitching about the same thing isn't going to change it.

Nor is partaking in the broken political process. That includes presidential elections for ME.  You want to waste your time and gas etc...? that's your choice

Quote:
You, yourself was very active and now even you seem to have resigned yourself to the fact that short of a revolution in the streets, nothing is going to change.

That's true. Why do you think why I do what I do on a daily basis?  We already had our revolution so it would be REFORM instead

Quote:
You know very well that I'm no Trumpster but even if he gets 1/5 of what he promised done it's lightyears beyond anything Hillary would have done. She would have been Obama 3.0. Christ,

I know you're not a Trumpster Smiley Wink

But, me and you differ on the whole better than Hillary kind of thing. The worst it gets the better.

Research history

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:02am:
Nor is partaking in the broken political process. That includes presidential elections for ME.  You want to waste your time and gas etc...? that's your choice

That's true. Why do you think why I do what I do on a daily basis?  We already had our revolution so it would be REFORM instead

I know you're not a Trumpster Smiley Wink

But, me and you differ on the whole better than Hillary kind of thing. The worst it gets the better.

Research history

You're right. I don't agree the worse it get the better. The worse it gets... is worse.

So when it hits the absolute worst...what's the plan?  You learn from history's mistakes but you often can take the same actions that were taken back in time.

You will never duplicate the founding of this nation for the very reason you point to...the citizenry. naturally it isn't that simple but Jasmine asked you this and maybe I missed your reply. What's the plan aside from not voting and letting the very people that you plan to oppose have the positions of power?

Riot in the street while the left controls things? They are ruthless and wouldn't hesitate to squash opponents like bugs by any method available.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:10am by Abe »  

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #14 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:05am:
You're right. I don't agree the worse it get the better. The worse it gets is worse.

So when it hits the absolute worst...what's the plan?

Quote:
You're right. I don't agree the worse it get the better. The worse it gets is worse.

Abe, you have heard "History just repeats itself" have you not?

Example:  Pre- American revolution what happened?

The Boston tea party happened   ?  What did that do? Made England retaliate and put a blockade on Boston. What did that do?  Put a lot of merchants/workers out  of work and have the 1st Continental congress?What did that do? Militia's start  drilling on the Lexington green and gathering Munitions. What did that do? Makes General Gage to send troops to collect the arms and find Samuel Adams and John Hancock while their at it. What did that do? "The shot heard around the world"  What did that do? Calls for the 2nd Continental congress Etc.....

My Plan?

You already know it Abe Wink 

It does not have to be my idea Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:30am by Luther »  

IP Logged

President in Exile Bama Beau
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Havana ball.

Reply #15 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:39am:
Tonight Mark Levin brought up an interesting topic. He said that if the Constitution were scrapped, and our Congress had to create a new Constitution, the new version would be very different from our Founding Fathers' original document.

Do you agree? If so, what would be the biggest differences?

You listen to that guy? And then admit it in open forum?

It will be difficult to take anything you say seriously ever again.

I didn't come here from a private forum run by a gay guy.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:17am:
Abe, you have heard "History just repeats itself" have you not?

Example:  Pre- American revolution what happened?

The Boston tea party happened   ?  What did that do? Made England retaliate and put a blockade on Boston. What did that do?  Put a lot of merchants/workers out  of work and have the 1st Continental congress?What did that do? Militia's start  drilling on the Lexington green and gathering Munitions. What did that do? Makes General gates to send troops to collect the arms and find Samuel Adams and John Hancock while their at it. What did that do? "The shot heard around the world"  What did that do? Calls for the 2nd Continental congress Etc.....

My Plan?

You already know it Abe Wink 

It does not have to be my idea Wink

I'm not sure that I really do know your plan or any viable one. Again that was then, this is now. The premise may be the same, the execution will not even approach being similar.

Throw the figurative tea in the harbor and your ass will be tossed in jail or you'll disappear off the face of the planet.

A CC may be voted on but whether it achieves the desired goals is in doubt. Liberals will have their say at a CC as well. A CC is strewn with pitfalls.

History does repeat itself and you learn from it and adapt it, not duplicate it.

Like I said, go throw that "tea" in the harbor.

Sort of off topic but a guy puts out a video unrelated to a terrorist attack and ends up the scapegoat and in prison and even after it was clear that video played no part he was still in prison while Susan Rice still roams the streets. In fact was he ever released? I'd have to look it up but I don't need to since my point about him is made.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:45am
Print Post  
If the Constitution were written today

Tonight Mark Levin brought up an interesting topic. He said that if the Constitution were scrapped, and our Congress had to create a new Constitution, the new version would be very different from our Founding Fathers' original document.

It wouldn't be written today.
Any document written today would bare little if any resemblance, including the name. 

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:45am:
It wouldn't be written today.
Any document written today would bare little if any resemblance, including the name. 

Agreed and it part plays into my response to Luther. Any modification by a CC will have to include modifications from the left which is really the reason for calling the CC to begin with. A circle jerk.

Change the Constitution and you may get some things that you want but your going to concede to things you you may not want to get the few things you do want.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 11:28am
Print Post  

Well today it really would apply to "all"

Even a few things about LGBT

Then again, depends under witch administration.

Obama- Special rights based on race and sex  Shocked

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › If the Constitution were written today...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog