Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What's Casto Talking About?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What's Casto Talking About? (Read 187 times)
Luther
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

What's Casto Talking About?
Jul 15th, 2017 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Trump and company have kept the majority of Obama's policies in Cuba . I mean, I think Trump and company are Cuba's best friend

Quote:

Cuban President Raul Castro on Friday said that Donald Trump's hardline stance towards the country marks "a setback" in relations with the United States after ties were gradually restored in 2015.

"The announcements made by the current president... mean a setback in bilateral relations," Castro said in remarks, broadcast on state television, at the closing of the first session of Cuba's Parliament.

Castro criticized Trump's partial rollback of his predecessor Barack Obama's rapprochement with the communist island in comments made less than a week before the second anniversary of Havana embassy's reopening in Washington on July 20.

The remarks came after Trump in June -- standing before a crowd of anti-Castro activists in Miami's Little Havana -- announced tightened rules for Americans traveling to Cuba, banned ties with a military-run tourism firm and reaffirmed the existing US trade embargo.

The US president framed his measures as a move against a "cruel and brutal" regime, saying progress on bilateral relations would be hinged on concessions related to human rights.

Castro, 86, called the new measures a toughening of the US embargo against the island, imposed since 1962, saying they evoked "an old and hostile rhetoric that characterized the Cold War."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/cuba-setback-us-relations/2017/07/14/id/801789/

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Re: What's Casto Talking About?
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:18am
Print Post  

What a bunch of BS

Quote:

Although Trump said he was "completely" canceling Obama's Cuba policy, the change is posture is only a partial shift from Obama's policy.

Diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba will remain open, as will the newly opened embassies in Washington and Havana. And there will be no further restrictions on the types of goods that Americans can take out of Cuba, including the country's popular rum and cigars.
Trump said he is keeping the embassy open "in the hope that our countries can forge a much stronger and better path."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/politics/trump-cuba-policy/index.html

Boy, this is a far cry when the Dumpster was campaigning isn't now?

« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:24am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:18am:
What a bunch of BS

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/politics/trump-cuba-policy/index.html

Boy, this is a far cry when the Dumpster was campaigning isn't now?

Whoopee do!  Maybe now mr crepe will be able to smoke Cuban cigars.  He bought some years ago when we were visiting Canada and rather liked them as I recall.   Smiley 

I wish I had followed the dem tradition and figured out a way to vote for Trump twice or three times. 

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:45am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:31am:
Whoopee do!  Maybe now mr crepe will be able to smoke Cuban cigars.  He bought some years ago when we were visiting Canada and rather liked them as I recall.   Smiley 

I wish I had followed the dem tradition and figured out a way to vote for Trump twice or three times. 

Wait, wait!

What about Trump saying during the debates that he would probably end the embassy until a better deal has been made. Grin He has kept it Roll Eyes

The whole cigar thing is just a little part of it

He has kept the majority of trade with Cuba as far as I can see

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What's Casto Talking About?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog