Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Report says Border Wall Construction to begin January 2018
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Report says Border Wall Construction to begin January 2018 (Read 670 times)
Luther
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Report says Border Wall Construction to begin January 2018
Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Jimmy S wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:41am:
You need to photoshop some solar panels in there.

Grin Cheesy Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:04am
Print Post  

Where did Wally go?

I know he's got something to say? Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #12 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Beginning construction during the winter months (2018) rather than the hot summer along our southern border, makes a lot of sense...   Smiley

https://weather.com/maps/averages/normal-temperature

" The few will always act like the few.Ē

ĖMachiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

Reply #13 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:09am:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-administration-prepares-to-build-first-p...

" The official said the government chose to start building the wall through the refuge because the property is owned by the federal government, meaning the Trump administration won't have to negotiate with private landowners. At least 95 percent of the 1,241-mile Texas border is privately owned.

Customs and Border Protection plans to build an 18-foot levee wall through three miles on the wildlife refuge, the Observer said. "
Much of the cost and the problem which slows the process of construction of the Border Wall, will be the use of eminent domain and the "taking of private lands for public use" which will result in numerous lawsuits from any landowners who are unwilling to sell.

This leads one to wonder how many border properties might be owned by Open Border Advocates who may have bought up such properties as a 'firewall' against Americans securing the border of our own country??  Huh Huh   ( George Soros?  Carlos Slim? The Mexican government (through shell corporations)?).  The United States can "take" such lands, but it's not unusual for Courts to issue injunctions against takings under eminent domain, through a lengthy litigation process.

Going to use my tax money for any of it? Then Trump can f**k off with his lies. If he finds the funds somewhere else, I don't give a shit. Problem is, he won't. IF it happens, it will be tax-payer funded, no matter how much people talk about solar miracles or getting Mexico to pay.

A rare moment of candid truth from NorthKoreanFrogmanInvasion(!!), ReeweeWittoBwain:   RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Electro-chemical signalling
is all the rage!

Reply #14 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
My problem with "the wall" is that it's just superficial. The Trumptards just ate this rhetoric up like hotcakes. People can exploit and overcome things that other people build. History proves that bridges, walls, buildings, etc. are only superficial "band-aids".

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:50pm:
Going to use my tax money for any of it? Then Trump can f**k off with his lies. If he finds the funds somewhere else, I don't give a shit. Problem is, he won't. IF it happens, it will be tax-payer funded, no matter how much people talk about solar miracles or getting Mexico to pay.

I HOPE you had the same sort of objection to the more than $1 Trillon Stimulous and $500 Billion Omnibus Spending Bills that Obama and the Democrats spend his first year!  (that's more than $1500 Billion in new spending, not including the price of Obamacare).  The Wall is estimated to cost $12 to 20 Billion!  Do you BELIEVE that this spending did any good or just do as it was intended to do and line the pockets of Democrat Party Croanies.   I HOPE you can see that whether or not you agree with building this Border Wall, it is mere peanuts compared to the Obama Spending when the Dems controlled both Houses of Congress!

As Obama infamously told the  Republicans, "Elections have Consequences"

ĖMachiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #16 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
My problem with "the wall" is that it's just superficial. The Trumptards just ate this rhetoric up like hotcakes. People can exploit and overcome things that other people build. History proves that bridges, walls, buildings, etc. are only superficial "band-aids".

I don't disagree with you, except that, such a physical barrier will make it more difficult for any future Administration to ignore the issue of Border Security. It serves as a deterrent; unlike the fence, those sneaking into the country don't know where the Border Agents are waiting!   Wink

ĖMachiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #17 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
Beginning construction during the winter months (2018) rather than the hot summer along our southern border, makes a lot of sense...   Smiley

https://weather.com/maps/averages/normal-temperature

That's all you have to say? Grin

We have to keep it cool for those illegal's right Wally? Shocked Grin
Quote:

Here is reason number 12,486 why Trump needs to stop betraying his campaign promise and actually rescind Obama’s unconstitutional amnesty.

While Republicans on the House floor were busy forcing the military to fund sex-change operations and fight global warming, members of the House Appropriations Committee slipped in an amendment to a funding bill allowing illegal aliens amnestied by Obama’s illegal DACA program to seek employment with the federal government.

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/illegal-aliens-allowed-to-work-legal...
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:16pm by Luther »  

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #18 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
They should think about a wall around certain areas of Chicago

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #19 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
They should think about a wall around certain areas of Chicago

But won't, so there ends the matter Wink Huh Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Report says Border Wall Construction to begin January 2018

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog