Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Colorado's 3,400 voter de-registrations scaring Democrats
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Colorado's 3,400 voter de-registrations scaring Democrats (Read 577 times)
USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Colorado's 3,400 voter de-registrations scaring Democrats
Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:55am:
The Trump admin incompetently released private info about voters it has gathered so far.

You should definitely be concerned about privacy if you are a registered voter and your state is cooperating with the Trump admin.

if  they are gathering info that is in public records how much privacy do people expect?

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 7:34pm:
if  they are gathering info that is in public records how much privacy do people expect?

The Trump admin has asked for much more than just public info.

Deny, Ignore, Evade, Distract, Place Blame Elsewhere!  Must defend the Trump Messiah!

But, but, but....but Hillary, but Lynch, but Obama, but Boosh, but Clinton!

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 7:44pm:

And I think some states have refused even that.  Not that I am following it all that closely, but my general impression is that release of the publicly available parts is generally accompanied by agreements to destroy the information, and it's not given to just anybody who requests it.  It is routinely given to political campaigns, but I am not sure Joe Average can get it.

But if I were a state official, I would make available the same stuff I routinely gave to candidate campaigns after receiving the same assurances about its use and destruction I get from those campaigns.  If that assurance was not forthcoming, I would not release the info.  Under no circumstances would I release anything other than what I routinely released to political campaigns. 

Personally, I'd like to see what those clowns do with it once they have it.  It'd be fun to watch.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #13 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 7:44pm:

really, for instance?

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:16pm:
really, for instance?

Last paragraphs from article:

Other states have said that they do plan to hand over information, albeit less than the broad sweep outlined in the letters. Wisconsin’s elections commission administrator said that the state would give the public information for the standard $12,500 fee, but was not allowed to release other details such as dates of birth. Ohio Secretary of State Jon A. Husted, a Republican, said his state would be handing over most of the requested information — noting that it is publicly available — though he said they would not provide portions of Social Security numbers and driver’s license numbers because those are not.

Husted said in an interview Friday that his office had conducted reviews after previous elections, saying that these investigations have determined that “voter fraud exists, it’s rare and we hold people accountable when we catch them.”
Earlier this year, Husted announced that his office found 82 noncitizens of the United States who illegally voted in a recent Ohio election. According to his office, more than 5.6 million people cast ballots in last November’s general election.

Link to full article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trumps-voting-commission-asked-states-to...

I say, treat it like any other request.  Charge the fee, give what you usually give, follow all usual procedures and safeguards, and watch what the clowns do with it.  It'll be fun!

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:38pm:
Last paragraphs from article:

Other states have said that they do plan to hand over information, albeit less than the broad sweep outlined in the letters. Wisconsin’s elections commission administrator said that the state would give the public information for the standard $12,500 fee, but was not allowed to release other details such as dates of birth. Ohio Secretary of State Jon A. Husted, a Republican, said his state would be handing over most of the requested information — noting that it is publicly available — though he said they would not provide portions of Social Security numbers and driver’s license numbers because those are not.

Husted said in an interview Friday that his office had conducted reviews after previous elections, saying that these investigations have determined that “voter fraud exists, it’s rare and we hold people accountable when we catch them.”
Earlier this year, Husted announced that his office found 82 noncitizens of the United States who illegally voted in a recent Ohio election. According to his office, more than 5.6 million people cast ballots in last November’s general election.

Link to full article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trumps-voting-commission-asked-states-to...

I say, treat it like any other request.  Charge the fee, give what you usually give, follow all usual procedures and safeguards, and watch what the clowns do with it.  It'll be fun!

I agree with you, anything that is considered a public record should be available for the normal fee.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:14am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 2:24pm:
------------------------------------------------------

Luther, .. you sound almost like Obama,  Smiley but, .. let me tell you that ''illegals'' are NOT hiding in the shadows and are enjoying phony victim status, welfare and other benefits, and they help keep democrat party elected officials in political power, ESPECIALLY in the state of California!   Sad

Quote:
Luther, .. you sound almost like Obama,

Well Stu, "Almost" or 'close' is only good in horseshoes  Wink

le Quote:
t me tell you that ''illegals'' are NOT hiding in the shadows and are enjoying phony victim status, welfare and other benefits, and they help keep democrat party elected officials in political power, ESPECIALLY in the state of California! 

Nah.... see my previous posts

Did Stu happen to notice my point about we don't even know what party affiliation or if they're independents that de-registered that debunks this article?

I know I'm not suppose to bring up those points because it can deflate your whole thread.

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:31am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:55am:
The Trump admin incompetently released private info about voters it has gathered so far.

You should definitely be concerned about privacy if you are a registered voter and your state is cooperating with the Trump admin.

What are you talking about?  The article states that voter registration information is public information.  What does the Trump admin havew to do with it.  Are you changing the subject to get the spotlight off the crooked actions of dem voters?

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:14am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:50am:
What are you talking about?  The article states that voter registration information is public information.  What does the Trump admin havew to do with it.  Are you changing the subject to get the spotlight off the crooked actions of dem voters?

Parcel social security numbers and addresses are  public info?

I'm not an expert on this Grin

The whole article  is interesting because it's insinuating that these 3,400 de-regsiterd voters, voted democrat without proof of that Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:14am:
Parcel social security numbers and addresses are  public info?

I'm not an expert on this Grin

The whole article  is interesting because it's insinuating that these 3,400 de-regsiterd voters, voted democrat without proof of that Wink

As I said in my response, it said that info was available to them in the article.  I don't believe that it should be, but if it is, then they have a right to get it.  Please don't play "dumb" regarding for whom the illegals would vote.  Who wants to let them stay?  Who wants illegals deported back to home country?  C'mon, you're not stupid, really.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Colorado's 3,400 voter de-registrations scaring Democrats

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog