Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Bill Clinton is a "brother with a different mother"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bill Clinton is a "brother with a different mother" (Read 94 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Bill Clinton is a "brother with a different mother"
Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:44am
Print Post  
George W. Bush: Bill Clinton is a "brother with a different mother"

Former presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton shared a stage Thursday night at a leadership summit in Dallas to share what they've learned in their days before, during and after the presidency.

The two former presidents, although they're from opposite parties, said they share much in common, they noted at a Presidential Leadership Scholars conference at the George W. Bush Presidential Center. They are two of only 13 presidents in U.S. history to serve two consecutive terms, and Mr. Bush, at 71, is only 44 days older than Mr. Clinton, 70. They were also both governors of southern states -- Mr. Bush of Texas, and Mr. Clinton of Arkansas. Mr. Bush's father, former President George H. W. Bush, also aided Mr. Clinton as he entered the presidency in 1992, as Mr. Clinton in turn did for the younger Mr. Bush in 2000. To this day, Mr. Clinton has annual visits with George H. W. Bush.

The pair joked about their friendship, despite Mr. Clinton beating Mr. Bush's father in 1992.

Mr. Bush said it "starts with [him] being a person refusing to lord his victory over dad. Dad was willing to rise above the political contest. Both men displayed strong character. Why do I have a friendship with him? Well, he's called a brother with a different mother."

Mr. Clinton said he wouldn't trade having those two presidential terms for more time as a private citizen.

"You've got to live a long time as a former president to impact as many people as you can as president," Mr. Clinton said.

In the time since leaving the White House in 2000, Mr. Clinton said he's realized the country gave him something "priceless," and "you owe something back."

But Mr. Clinton also had some words of caution for the future. He noted that in today's digital age, people "get news in silos," and, without mentioning President Trump said the U.S. "can't continue to grow this economy" without immigrants.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: Bill Clinton is a "brother with a different mother"
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Will Obama say that about Trump some day?  Grin

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:49pm
Print Post  

will obamma join the Bush Clinton gang?

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:47am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:49pm:
will obamma join the Bush Clinton gang?

A black guy in that gang? lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Bill Clinton is a "brother with a different mother"

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog