Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Answers in Genesis
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Answers in Genesis (Read 3,210 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Answers in Genesis
Reply #50 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:14pm:
Could be.  And I would avoid all such people who try to "scare people into the arms of Jesus."  (I doubt seriously I am the first person to use that term, but I did not copy it from anybody.  And I really like it.)  And anybody who claims "salvation" as a result of that would be better off keeping his thousand bucks in his pocket.  'Cause he ain't.

I freely admit there are many things I don't get.  I figure there must be things people are incapable of getting.  Like a being that could exist outside of time and space and who has no material essence.  But believing that such exists makes a lot more sense to me than believing that singularity "just was."

I do believe in warning those who are in rebellion of the consequences of God's wrath.  That is what Jesus and his disciples did.  The problem is today's generation is godless and has no understanding or concept of sin and it's consequences.  If you talk about God's love it does not reveal to them why they need his love, nor does it explain why he had to die on the cross.  Without the law and it's consequences sinners see no need to repent.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #51 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:29pm:
I do believe in warning those who are in rebellion of the consequences of God's wrath.  That is what Jesus and his disciples did.  The problem is today's generation is godless and has no understanding or concept of sin and it's consequences.  If you talk about God's love it does not reveal to them why they need his love, nor does it explain why he had to die on the cross.  Without the law and it's consequences sinners see no need to repent.

That's true of all generations if we're talking generally.  Nevertheless, one cannot be scared into becoming a believer.  One can be scared into trotting the aisle, but not into becoming a believer. That requires an act of God.

I'll say no more about that because this is getting into deep theology, which I don't intend to pursue right now. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 5:33pm:
The difference is that the singularity is something that can be intellectualized while your belief is nothing more than a fairy tale, something that rests on nothing but some people's gratuitous divagations.

Well, I have good company in Dr. Jastrow.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #53 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 7:17pm:
That's true of all generations if we're talking generally.  Nevertheless, one cannot be scared into becoming a believer.  One can be scared into trotting the aisle, but not into becoming a believer. That requires an act of God.

I'll say no more about that because this is getting into deep theology, which I don't intend to pursue right now. 

The question we should ask ourselves is did Jesus ever discuss the consequences of hell?  Are we told never to discuss hell?  Did the Apostles preach on it?  It has nothing to do with theology and everything to do with the truth.  If we never talk about consequences then how then do we discuss the cross and it's purpose?  Telling the truth is not scaring people, it simply is providing information regarding the consequences of sin.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Answers in Genesis

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules