Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › I like this article
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I like this article (Read 600 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I like this article
Jul 25th, 2017 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Search term I used: "scaring people into the arms of Jesus" just to see what would come up.  This did, among other things;

https://relevantmagazine.com/god/worldview/christians-shouldnt-try-scare-hell-ou...

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: I like this article
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:35am
Print Post  
So then is it relevant to discuss the outcome of the rebellion of sinners or do we sugar coat God's word?  To me it is stating the facts regarding rebelling against God's word.  Jesus himself discussed hell on several occasions.  It goes like this, house is on fire, do you scream fire, or do you politely knock on the door, offer cookies and when the time is appropriate, discuss that there may be a fire and they should consider leaving?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:36am
Print Post  
When there are severe consequences then why would anyone refrain from warning folks of the impending fate?
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2017 at 9:10pm by PoliMod »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:50am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 10:26pm:
Search term I used: "scaring people into the arms of Jesus" just to see what would come up.  This did, among other things;

https://relevantmagazine.com/god/worldview/christians-shouldnt-try-scare-hell-ou...

Ezekiel 33 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, speak to your people and say to them: ‘When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, 3 and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, 4 then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not heed the warning and the sword comes and takes their life, their blood will be on their own head. 5 Since they heard the sound of the trumpet but did not heed the warning, their blood will be on their own head. If they had heeded the warning, they would have saved themselves. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone’s life, that person’s life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.’

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:53am
Print Post  
The point is simple, let's just pause for a moment and you can make believe that there is a God and I did not warn you of the consequences of your fate on the day of judgement.  Is there some sort of accountability for not warning you of God's judgement on those who rebel?  Feel free to clarify your "it".
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2017 at 9:11pm by PoliMod »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 9:54am
Print Post  
I am not asked to convince you, that is not what God asks of me.  Your arguments are always extreme, never about the reality.  If I am led to go there then I hope I will, but everywhere around me/us, are family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, strangers people who souls are in jeopardy of God's wrath.  The problem AGAIN, is you base your arguments against me personally, as well as others, on a false premise and then you run with it as fact.  I know you are not here to discuss, your past behavior reveals what you are about.  You are comfortable in your sins, you do not want to believe because you enjoy the lifestyle of wallowing in your sins.  I will say there is a glimmer of hope that as you attempt to suppress your guilt, you pursue discussing the gospel, trying to convince yourself that in the end, you will not be faced with your past before a Creator you have denied.  If this is all true you very eternity is in danger of God's judgement.  It does not have to be so Bowhunter.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2017 at 9:11pm by PoliMod »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:36am
Print Post  
So now you are pivoting from the topic to attempt to guilt or shame me for my actions agianst you on these forums I monitor.  Nice!!   Wink. Sorry, not going to work.  I must admit it is amusing to watch you, a denier of the Creator, lecture me about my Savior, the one you claim to have never existed.  To attempt to guilt me when the very Bible you do not know and claim is a fairytale, you now want to use against me.  Sort of like listening to someone lecture me about a piece of equipment I am trained on and something they have little to no knowledge about.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2017 at 9:12pm by PoliMod »  

IP Logged

MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:36am:
So now you are pivoting from the topic to attempt to guilt or shame me for my actions agianst you on these forums I monitor.  Nice!!   Wink. Sorry, not going to work.  I must admit it is amusing to watch you, a denier of the Creator, lecture me about my Savior, the one you claim to have never existed.  To attempt to guilt me when the very Bible you do not know and claim is a fairytale, you now want to use against me.  Sort of like listening to someone lecture me about a piece of equipment I am trained on and something they have little to no knowledge about.   Roll Eyes

The problem is it's nothing but a game to him. Because he has no respect for our faith , he is only goading you. But , by standing up to him and answering his sneering by logic and reason , you may reach others who lurk or read . So the real joke is that while he thinks he is holding you up to ridicule , he may in fact be,an instrument for someone's salvation. After all, God did use a talking ass in the IT.

Cool

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › I like this article

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News