Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Ranking the Marvel/DC movies
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ranking the Marvel/DC movies (Read 588 times)
Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Ranking the Marvel/DC movies
Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Here is my ranking of Marvel/DC films since the first "Iron Man" movie. I consider any movie before that to be a different generation.

1. "Captain America: Civil War" - An explosion of awesome heroes. Every fangirl's dream.
2. "Avengers" - The historic gathering of Marvel's top heroes
3. "Spider-Man: Homecoming" - Sheer fun. Great villain with depth. A very likable supporting cast.
4. "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2" - Better than the first movie. Loads of fun. Groot is adorable!
5. "Guardians of the Galaxy" - Surprisingly fun. Lots of humor and great effects
6. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Avengers + Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision
7. "Batman: The Dark Knight" - Heath Ledger turns in a great performance as the Joker
8. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" - Great action + introduction of the Falcon
9. "Suicide Squad" - Fun ensemble movie giving the bad guys the spotlight
10. "Batman v Superman" - Should have been so much better. A squandered opportunity.
11. "Iron Man" - The film that started it all. Robert Downey Jr. delivers a new take on Tony Stark
11. "Batman Begins" - Reboot of the Batman movie franchise. Decent, but a bit too serious

These are the ones that I saw. I didn't see all the rest, including Iron Man 2 or 3, or any of the Thor or Hulk films.

Marvel just does superhero movies right. DC has yet to catch on.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Ranking the Marvel/DC movies
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Aren't there any Silver Surfer movies? I liked that guy.

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:10am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 1:13am:
Aren't there any Silver Surfer movies? I liked that guy.

He was in the 2007 movie, "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer," and I liked it. But that was a year before Marvel basically rebooted their cinematic universe with the first "Iron Man" movie.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:10am:
He was in the 2007 movie, "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer," and I liked it. But that was a year before Marvel basically rebooted their cinematic universe with the first "Iron Man" movie.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/61/d9/ac61d9be82e1b274aadac27e34d5a...

Thanks. I think I'll watch it.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
Here is my ranking of Marvel/DC films since the first "Iron Man" movie. I consider any movie before that to be a different generation.

1. "Captain America: Civil War" - An explosion of awesome heroes. Every fangirl's dream.
2. "Avengers" - The historic gathering of Marvel's top heroes
3. "Spider-Man: Homecoming" - Sheer fun. Great villain with depth. A very likable supporting cast.
4. "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2" - Better than the first movie. Loads of fun. Groot is adorable!
5. "Guardians of the Galaxy" - Surprisingly fun. Lots of humor and great effects
6. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Avengers + Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision
7. "Batman: The Dark Knight" - Heath Ledger turns in a great performance as the Joker
8. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" - Great action + introduction of the Falcon
9. "Suicide Squad" - Fun ensemble movie giving the bad guys the spotlight
10. "Batman v Superman" - Should have been so much better. A squandered opportunity.
11. "Iron Man" - The film that started it all. Robert Downey Jr. delivers a new take on Tony Stark
11. "Batman Begins" - Reboot of the Batman movie franchise. Decent, but a bit too serious

These are the ones that I saw. I didn't see all the rest, including Iron Man 2 or 3, or any of the Thor or Hulk films.

Marvel just does superhero movies right. DC has yet to catch on.

I like your list. Haven't seen some of the movies. Batman begins should be higher, while Batman v Superman should not appear anywhere. Though I didn't hate it as much as others, there are a lot of comic book movies better than it.

"Logan" should be near the top. I really thought that was exceptional story telling. As much as I loved X-Men as a kid, they really have just done a sort of "meh" job on those. But Logan was amazing. Dead pool was very good as well, though I saw an airplane version without all of the sex scenes, which I was definitely okay with.

My list might go:

The dark knight
Logan
Winter soldier
Civil war
Batman begins

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 5:09pm:
I like your list. Haven't seen some of the movies. Batman begins should be higher, while Batman v Superman should not appear anywhere. Though I didn't hate it as much as others, there are a lot of comic book movies better than it.

"Logan" should be near the top. I really thought that was exceptional story telling. As much as I loved X-Men as a kid, they really have just done a sort of "meh" job on those. But Logan was amazing. Dead pool was very good as well, though I saw an airplane version without all of the sex scenes, which I was definitely okay with.

My list might go:

The dark knight
Logan
Winter soldier
Civil war
Batman begins

You should watch them in France (since you travel a lot), there's almost no censorship there, not by our standards at any rate.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
You should watch them in France (since you travel a lot), there's almost no censorship there, not by our standards at any rate.

I actually don't mind when they cut out sex scenes on airplane versions of movies. First, it's super uncomfortable watching a sex scene (at least for me) with a bunch of strangers sitting next to me and behind me. Second, as I've gotten older, I just find these sorts of scenes in dramatic or action movies distracting and boring. If I want that, I know where to find it online. Do I really want to see two actors having simulated sex on the screen in the middle of a movie? Why? Perhaps it's just me... no judgment, truly, for those who enjoy that.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:05pm:
I actually don't mind when they cut out sex scenes on airplane versions of movies. First, it's super uncomfortable watching a sex scene (at least for me) with a bunch of strangers sitting next to me and behind me. Second, as I've gotten older, I just find these sorts of scenes in dramatic or action movies distracting and boring. If I want that, I know where to find it online. Do I really want to see two actors having simulated sex on the screen in the middle of a movie? Why? Perhaps it's just me... no judgment, truly, for those who enjoy that.

Well, you said it as though you regretted that those sex scenes were cut out. "Though I saw an airplane version without all of the sex scenes" is a strange thing to notice if you don't mind it.

"I really enjoyed that meal though they didn't put any meat in it" means that I enjoyed the meal in spite of a lack of meat in it.

Plus if those scenes make you uncomfortable then that's definitely not the way to say it. Something like "Dead pool was very good as well, all the more since I saw an airplane version without all of the sex scenes" wouldn't leave as much room for ambiguity.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:10am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 5:09pm:

My list might go:

The dark knight
Logan
Winter soldier
Civil war
Batman begins

I've never seen Logan or any of the more recent X-Men films. I sure with X-Men could be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, instead of a Sony property. Same with the Fantastic Four.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:28pm:
Well, you said it as though you regretted that those sex scenes were cut out. "Though I saw an airplane version without all of the sex scenes" is a strange thing to notice if you don't mind it.

"I really enjoyed that meal though they didn't put any meat in it" means that I enjoyed the meal in spite of a lack of meat in it.

Plus if those scenes make you uncomfortable then that's definitely not the way to say it. Something like "Dead pool was very good as well, all the more since I saw an airplane version without all of the sex scenes" wouldn't leave as much room for ambiguity.

You're right. I worded that poorly. Disregard use of the word "though".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Ranking the Marvel/DC movies

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog