Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Ranking the Marvel/DC movies
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ranking the Marvel/DC movies (Read 581 times)
Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Re: Ranking the Marvel/DC movies
Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:10am:
I've never seen Logan or any of the more recent X-Men films. I sure with X-Men could be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, instead of a Sony property. Same with the Fantastic Four.

Logan is amazing. You would need a bit of backstory going in, but not necessarily to see all the previous movies.

Just know that it's in the future, and mutants have been hunted / driven underground / "enslaved", and wolverine is getting old and his healing powers are starting to fade.

Really great.

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #11 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:20pm:
Logan is amazing. You would need a bit of backstory going in, but not necessarily to see all the previous movies.

Just know that it's in the future, and mutants have been hunted / driven underground / "enslaved", and wolverine is getting old and his healing powers are starting to fade.

Really great.

Thanks. I might check it out! Smiley

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:46am
Print Post  
I have no idea how to make this list.  Because it's hard to nail down criteria.

For example, I feel Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies belong on the list.  Except the 3rd terrible one.  The first one pretty much set the modern stage for superhero standards.  The second one set the stage for modern supervillains with a brilliantly executed Dr. Octopus.

And I agree with Rabbit ... Batman v Superman belongs nowhere near a list of top superhero movies.  I'd go one further and say Suicide Squad doesn't deserve a spot on the list either Smiley  They both deserve a spot on the WORST 10 superhero movies if you ask me ... which you did.

So...

1- Toby Maguire's Spiderman (#1 because many of the others don't exist without it)
2- Christopher Reeve's Superman (same as above)
3- Iron Man (set the stage for Marvel Entertainment movies which all deserve a spot in the top)
4- Wonder Woman
5- Avengers
6- Michael Keaton's Batman (whether we're doing it consciously or not we're all still judging Batman by this standard)
7- ...

I dunno.  Pretty much after these you can sprinkle in the sequels and spinoffs.  Captain America the first one wasn't great, but the 2nd one was fantastic.  Does a sequel deserve a spot if the original doesn't make it?  I dunno.

Dr Strange probably.  That was well done even if Cumberbatch created a new Stephen Strange that doesn't really mesh with the comic version.

I'm probably the only human being alive who really enjoyed Green Lantern.  But I dunno if it deserves a spot on the list.

I thought Deadpool was waaaay overhyped.  It was okay but not a top 10 movie in my opinion.

I disliked every XMen movie ever made (including Logan for no good reason besides consistency) probably because I was a huge XMen comics fan.  The day I get Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin the way he's supposed to be done and perhaps with the Piotr/Kitty Pryde story is the day I'll give a nod of approval to any XMen story.  The fact that this teenage romance was the entire story and reason for Colossus and Shadowcat... and then they made Colossus gay for the movie storyline is hugely shortsighted.  (Joss Whedon "rebooted" the XMen for a few issue short series and it's for good reason he immediately resurrected the Colossus/Shadowcat romance)

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
I really liked the first two original Spider-Man movies, too. But I based my list on every movie since "Iron Man" - which was the start of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Here are some of the ones I've yet to see:
Wonder Woman
Dr. Strange
The first two Thor films
The Hulk movie
Every X-Men film except for the first two
The original Batman series with Michael Keaton
Superman Returns
The original Superman movies with Christopher Reeves

I guess Superman vs Batman made my list because it was so cool to see the two iconic heroes finally together on the big screen.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:22pm:
I really liked the first two original Spider-Man movies, too. But I based my list on every movie since "Iron Man" - which was the start of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Here are some of the ones I've yet to see:
Wonder Woman
Dr. Strange
The first two Thor films
The Hulk movie
Every X-Men film except for the first two
The original Batman series with Michael Keaton
Superman Returns
The original Superman movies with Christopher Reeves

I guess Superman vs Batman made my list because it was so cool to see the two iconic heroes finally together on the big screen.

I highly recommend Wonder Woman Jasmine.  All of the rhetoric around this movie and how it was a strong blow for equal rights for women and blah blah a role model for young women had me thinking it was probably a really shitty movie.

I went to it with a very bad attitude and very high expectations.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I truly enjoyed the movie and wished it had been around when my daughter was 5 instead of 21.  There is legitimacy to the role model for young women angle.  Spiderman, Superman, Batman.  Everyone who loves super heroes winds up pretending to be a man as a kid playing pretend.  I think it's cool that there's a well done, awesome, contemporary female superhero for young girls to play pretend about now.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Ranking the Marvel/DC movies

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog