Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › American citizen or world citizen?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) American citizen or world citizen? (Read 805 times)
USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: American citizen or world citizen?
Reply #30 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 9:11pm
Print Post  

BTW that DH Lawrence quote is ridiculous.

IP Logged

Goose
LNF Party Leader

There is no Try...Only
Do or Do Not

Reply #31 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 9:11pm:
BTW that DH Lawrence quote is ridiculous.

Not technically a quote.  It is a poem by DH Lawerence called Self Pity.  I guess you can say that I quoted the poem in my signature though.

Out of curriosity why do you find it ridiculous?

I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.--D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Goose wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 10:56pm:
Not technically a quote.  It is a poem by DH Lawerence called Self Pity.  I guess you can say that I quoted the poem in my signature though.

Out of curriosity why do you find it ridiculous?

The quote is incorrect.

Strange for someone with "photographic" memory...

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Goose, you mythomaniacal fool, if you're thinking about changing the D.H. Laurence quote and claiming that it's been correct the whole time, forget it.

First,  by the time you do that people will have had ample time to verify that I am right, and Second Admin can check if and when your profile has been changed. If he doesn't know how, I'll tell him, I've helped him in that area before (that's one of the reasons I am still here).

Anyway, even though you've been bragging about it for hours, you definitely DON'T have an eidetic memory, if there's one thing that people with an eidetic memory have in common is that they quote things EXACTLY, in fact if they saw that quote on paper they usually can tell you about small imperfections in typeface or in paper. As you can imagine these people are threats to the state or the industry as they can commit very complex, very detailed documents to memory, even if they don't understand them, but I digress.

The point is that you're a pathologic liar and that I wanted you to know that I know.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Goose
LNF Party Leader

There is no Try...Only
Do or Do Not

Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:20am:
Goose, you mythomaniacal fool, if you're thinking about changing the D.H. Laurence quote and claiming that it's been correct the whole time, forget it.

First,  by the time you do that people will have had ample time to verify that I am right, and Second Admin can check if and when your profile has been changed. If he doesn't know how, I'll tell him, I've helped him in that area before (that's one of the reasons I am still here).

Anyway, even though you've been bragging about it for hours, you definitely DON'T have an eidetic memory, if there's one thing that people with an eidetic memory have in common is that they quote things EXACTLY, in fact if they saw that quote on paper they usually can tell you about small imperfections in typeface or in paper. As you can imagine these people are threats to the state or the industry as they can commit very complex, very detailed documents to memory, even if they don't understand them, but I digress.

The point is that you're a pathologic liar and that I wanted you to know that I know.

LOL. Sorry I have been a bit busy and frankly did not expect this.  I am not sure, but will hazard the guess that you are fixated on my use of the word "little" instead of "small".

There are actually a few different versions of this poem/quote that have floated around since the time of DH Lawrence.

For example here are two from the same page attributed to DH Lawerence.

Quote:
I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from the bow of a ship without ever having felt sorry for itself.

https://allpoetry.com/quote/by/D.%20H.%20Lawrence

Notice in the second one there is no "little" or "small", the punctuation is different and it speaks to the bow of a ship instead of the bough of a tree....

Just found another version from a credible poetry site that starts "I never saw" instead of "I have never seen".

I am not sure how many different versions are around and I admit that I cannot recall seeing anything that was marked "Original Just Like I Wrote It" signed D.H. Lawrence.  If you have that please point me to it.  I would like to at least see the original. I would also point out that I have never claimed anything regarding my signature.  Until now, I never even realized that people read it.  I feel honored!

Once again Bow, you cannot be a smartass unless you start with being smart.  I would suggest that before someone puts an idea in your head and you decide to run with it that you peruse the search engines a bit.  As always though I will help you with your confusion regarding your belief in what an eidetic memory is. 

You say that people can "quote things EXACTLY".  I think you have been watching too much Big Bang Theory.  Ok, I take that back, because I watch it too much too..anyhow.... Perhaps you are confusing eidetic with a photographic memory.  Only you know.

Eidetic memory: In eidetic memory, a person has an almost faithful mental image snapshot or photograph of an event in their memory. However, eidetic memory is not limited to visual aspects of memory and includes auditory memories as well as various sensory aspects across a range of stimuli associated with a visual image.

Notice the qualifier, ALMOST faithful.  Eidetic does not mean infallible.  In fact, it has been shown that people with eidetic memories do in fact make many mistakes, a lot of born out of reliance on only the memory for recall, eschewing assistance like taking notes.

There is also, quite frankly, schools of research that show that children are far more apt to experience this type of memory ability and that adults tend to lose it.  I can attest that my ability to recall great detail is much different today that it was when I was 16 or 26.  I find myself desiring to take more notes than in the past.  However, I still recall at a very high level.  It's also not all that it's cracked up to be because it is difficult to forget things or bury things.  I think children probably are better with this ability due to the elasticity and fairly blank canvases of their mind.

So my friend you will have to dig harder, learn more and not be a childish.  As to what I know, you are trying very hard, perhaps even admirably to be a smartass.  The problem is you have having a hard time with that smart part.  Hopefully one of your more capable friends here will be able to help you a bit more.

I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.--D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › American citizen or world citizen?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog