Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - what will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) - what will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music? (Read 839 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: - what will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music?
Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
But this discussion focuses on the future. And in the future, first-run movies will be made available directly to your home via subscription service or online PPV.

Today, you don't have to physically buy a comic book. You can download it to your iPad the very day it comes out. In fact, I get it before the comic book stores even open for business.

I bet they make them on computers, too. I am sorry but I prefer my comic books on paper done in ink. Or at least I used to, back when I still read comic books. Plus there's something about moving around in book stores that's just irreplaceable.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: - what will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music?
Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:02pm:
I bet they make them on computers, too. I am sorry but I prefer my comic books on paper done in ink. Or at least I used to, back when I still read comic books. Plus there's something about moving around in book stores that's just irreplaceable.

much like the experience of browsing an older really good record store.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  

Yes, I think some comic book artists draw on computers now. And colorists apply colors on the computer, too. But most of them are old school and stick to the drawing boards and paper.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:19pm:
much like the experience of browsing an older really good record store.

I agree. That's why they still make vinyl records, two decades (nearly three) after the invention of the mp3 player.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Oh, I like downloading music on my iPad. You can browse for whatever songs you want - it's all at your fingertips. And unlike LPs, you can only purchase certain songs if you like; you don't have to buy the whole thing. I can do a search for, say, "Crazy on You," and iTunes will load up every version of the song you can imagine. It's all very cool and convenient.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Goose
LNF Party Leader

There is no Try...Only
Do or Do Not

Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:25pm:
I agree. That's why they still make vinyl records, two decades (nearly three) after the invention of the mp3 player.

Audiophiles are the only reason that vinyl is still made.  Digital is cool and very portable of course, but we are truly analog creatures awash in the all too perfect world of digital everything.

Our ears hear waveforms and things sound more natural when we get all the imperfections associated with analog sound.  The background hiss, the small scratch here or there.  I have may digital amplifiers for my guitars and they are all amazing pieces of technology.  However when I want to record or perform I always grab my trust beat up vacuum tube amplified amplifier.  The only cool thing it does is create amazing tone for my guitar, but it does it better than any digital amp I have.

I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.--D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:33pm:
Oh, I like downloading music on my iPad. You can browse for whatever songs you want - it's all at your fingertips. And unlike LPs, you can only purchase certain songs if you like; you don't have to buy the whole thing. I can do a search for, say, "Crazy on You," and iTunes will load up every version of the song you can imagine. It's all very cool and convenient.

A little TOO convenient...

As Mister Spock once said: "Having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting."

A wink to the old trekkies...

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 3:36pm:
For music, the records will be more like advertisement for the concerts which will be where the money will be. It will behoove the singers to make their concerts unforgettable experiences.

Good point

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
But this discussion focuses on the future. And in the future, first-run movies will be made available directly to your home via subscription service or online PPV.

Today, you don't have to physically buy a comic book. You can download it to your iPad the very day it comes out. In fact, I get it before the comic book stores even open for business.

Not without a cost

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:58pm
Print Post  

The same with books.  I prefer to have a hard copy than to read a novel online.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - what will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog