Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - anyone follow bitcoin?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) - anyone follow bitcoin? (Read 524 times)
admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

- anyone follow bitcoin?
Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:32am
Print Post  
- anyone follow bitcoin?
- new high 3800 dollars

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: - anyone follow bitcoin?
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:37am
Print Post  
I don't trust that stuff.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:50am
Print Post  
I am just waiting for the first suckers to come forward saying that they lost a lot of money on that  crap.

Non sequitur:

Do You Eat Carrots wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Hell ya I am following.

I am invested as well.

Probably buying more today. I am also putting money in lesser known coins, such as Omisego and Neo.

And I have recently purchased 2 Antminer D3 - a "Dash" miner.

If anyone needs any help navigating this, whether it be how to buy, what to buy, or how to set up a wallet, message me and I can help.

I'm tossing around the idea of starting a small consulting business so act fast before I start selling this info!

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:10am:
Hell ya I am following.

I am invested as well.

Probably buying more today. I am also putting money in lesser known coins, such as Omisego and Neo.

If anyone needs any help navigating this, whether it be how to buy, what to buy, or how to set up a wallet, message me and I can help.

I'm tossing around the idea of starting a small consulting business so act fast before I start selling this info!

I just moved a significant sum into Neo from Monero, BTC and LTC. Had to get set up on Bittrex. I had been on Bitfinex after Polo got too sketchy.

Neo will do well into the end of year given its Ethereum ties and the China market.

BTC will correct in the $4K to $4.2K range. I might move into tether temporarily to buy that dip. Bitcoin is already looking pretty parabolic....
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:53am by Vypr »  

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:46am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:10am:
Hell ya I am following.

I am invested as well.

- what does the mining? cost? - is it easy can anyone do it?

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:42am:
I just moved a significant sum into Neo from Monero, BTC and LTC. Had to get set up on Bittrex. I had been on Bitfinex after Polo got too sketchy.

Neo will do well into the end of year given its Ethereum ties and the China market.

BTC will correct in the $4K to $4.2K range. I might move into tether temporarily to buy that dip. Bitcoin is already looking pretty parabolic....

Yeah I think you made the right move into Neo. I'm looking to do the same. Do you like Bitfinex better than Bittrex?

And I agree about Bitcoin's growth recently. It's hard to imagine it continuing without a correction.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
admin wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:46am:

The Antminer is an ASIC miner, which means ASIC chips do the mining.

The cost is pretty low- somewhere around 40 dollars a month, give or take depending on your energy costs.

Yes, it is easy in the sense that anyone could do it. You just plug and play. There is a little set up but nothing too difficult.

None of this crypto stuff is that difficult but you need to know what you are doing. Some research is necessary.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:46am:

TL can respond in more detail, but you need to get the ASIC miner (couple thousand bucks) and you will pay for electricity. Long term it is the cost of electric that will determine profitability. That and the difficulty of mining for the particular coin. Bitcoin mining isn't going to be profitable any more from the US. The Chinese mining companies have zero energy cost in many cases.

I made my money trading, not mining. If you want to double, triple or do better on your investment, buying currency directly and investing intelligently (IMO) is better.

https://shop.bitmain.com/

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
I would agree with what Vypr said.

The only reason I am buying these miners is owing to my friends connection with this company Gigawatt. They host the miners for you so you do not have to deal with all the noise and heat they generate. They also offer discounted rates on energy. So our energy costs will be a fraction of what they would be if we powered these ourselves, in our own homes.

It is still a gamble though because by the time we get the hardware the difficulty level of mining will have jumped and the profitability of mining will be reduced.

If I had the D3 right now, in hands, it would be generating about 5K a month in profit.

Who knows how much lower that will be when I finally get it in Nov. But if it's anything north of 3k I will be pleased.

I'd caution against investing in mining hardware. There is a lot to know and account for and there is a lot of risk.

Simply investing in the coins is the better option for most people.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - anyone follow bitcoin?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog