Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - anyone follow bitcoin?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) - anyone follow bitcoin? (Read 1,204 times)
Vypr
LNF Representative

Re: - anyone follow bitcoin?
Reply #10 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:57am:
Yeah I think you made the right move into Neo. I'm looking to do the same. Do you like Bitfinex better than Bittrex?

And I agree about Bitcoin's growth recently. It's hard to imagine it continuing without a correction.

Bitfinex is the best exchange interface. Very nice. I really like it. Bittrex is still new to me. Seems ok. I had originally gone to Bitfinex after Polo had the DDOS attacks during the XRP run-up. That cost me a lot of profit.

BTC could correct at any time in my opinion. It just went up $100 in a few minutes on Bitfinex. The problem with Neo is that you have to go into BTC to get to tether if you want to buy the coming crash. That sucks but baring a complete meltdown it should make it to $100+ before year end.

Edit add: GDAX sucks. Other than being FDIC there is no benefit. A side point on Bitfinex, they are not taking more US customers. Don't get verified if you trade there.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:17pm by Vypr »  

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #11 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:10pm:
Bitfinex is the best exchange interface. Very nice. I really like it. Bittrex is still new to me. Seems ok. I had originally gone to Bitfinex after Polo had the DDOS attacks during the XRP run-up. That cost me a lot of profit.

BTC could correct at any time in my opinion. It just went up $100 in a few minutes on Bitfinex. The problem with Neo is that you have to go into BTC to get to tether if you want to buy the coming crash. That sucks but baring a complete meltdown it should make it to $100+ before year end.

I'll check out Bitfinex. Yes, I wish it were easier to buy some of these alt coins. Any other coins you have your eye on, other than the big names that we all know?

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #12 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:15pm:
I'll check out Bitfinex. Yes, I wish it were easier to buy some of these alt coins. Any other coins you have your eye on, other than the big names that we all know?

Stay clear of LTC. It's confused about its identify with BCash out. Charlie has flubbed a few things and the community is pissed.

BCash seems to have legs and at the end of the day has Jihan behind it. That might have some ups and downs, but I expect it will stick around and go up. Once the mining reaches BTC parity it will improve. I sold all my Bcash at the $450 mark on Bitfinex and used that to buy other things so I am not in it now. Neo to me is the better place to park.

IOTA has a lot of hype but I still don't like the fundamentals. They don't have the team to accomplish all the shit they claim and they are years from a real working application. They are making money though, can't deny that. I think buying in now might be too late though.

XRP is super high risk. I used to be in XRP and made money off it, but I wouldn't touch it at this point. Unless they get banks embracing it for day-to-day on the use-case it will go bleed value all year.

I like Monero to hedge (though I am not in it at the moment), as there will always be a demand for anonymity. Plus I am partial philosophically.

I don't go for the ICO craze so much. I will say filecoin looked like an opportunity but you needed $1M free to invest in that ICO.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #13 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
Stay clear of LTC. It's confused about its identify with BCash out. Charlie has flubbed a few things and the community is pissed.

BCash seems to have legs and at the end of the day has Jihan behind it. That might have some ups and downs, but I expect it will stick around and go up. Once the mining reaches BTC parity it will improve. I sold all my Bcash at the $450 mark on Bitfinex and used that to buy other things so I am not in it now. Neo to me is the better place to park.

IOTA has a lot of hype but I still don't like the fundamentals. They don't have the team to accomplish all the shit they claim and they are years from a real working application. They are making money though, can't deny that. I think buying in now might be too late though.

XRP is super high risk. I used to be in XRP and made money off it, but I wouldn't touch it at this point. Unless they get banks embracing it for day-to-day on the use-case it will go bleed value all year.

I like Monero to hedge (though I am not in it at the moment), as there will always be a demand for anonymity. Plus I am partial philosophically.

I don't go for the ICO craze so much. I will say filecoin looked like an opportunity but you needed $1M free to invest in that ICO.

Thanks Vypr!

I think I will park some in Bcash and Neo, as well as Omisego. On the fence when it comes to Monero. I like the idea but I am not sure it's going to move the way I want it to.

Also agreed on the ICO craze. That seems like mostly hype to me and I haven't spent the time doing the due diligence to know which are worthwhile.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #14 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:45pm:
Thanks Vypr!

I think I will park some in Bcash and Neo, as well as Omisego. On the fence when it comes to Monero. I like the idea but I am not sure it's going to move the way I want it to.

Also agreed on the ICO craze. That seems like mostly hype to me and I haven't spent the time doing the due diligence to know which are worthwhile.

Wait for a dip on Bcash maybe. I would target $270 buy-in (or lower). When BTC corrects I assume BCash will drop some, but they so far don't correlate a lot (I assume because BCash is heavily manipulated).
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:16pm by Vypr »  

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:59am:
The Antminer is an ASIC miner, which means ASIC chips do the mining.

The cost is pretty low- somewhere around 40 dollars a month, give or take depending on your energy costs.

Yes, it is easy in the sense that anyone could do it. You just plug and play. There is a little set up but nothing too difficult.

None of this crypto stuff is that difficult but you need to know what you are doing. Some research is necessary.

What do you do if there's a major malfunction?

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:45pm:
On the fence when it comes to Monero. I like the idea but I am not sure it's going to move the way I want it to.

Monero is a longer term investment. It's main competitors are ZCash and Dash. Monero is due for a catch-up. I would see Monero as a 1 year+ invest. It should be >$100 within a year given pricing on similar coins. Monero also has an outstanding development team. Fundamentals are there but they go out of their way to be low-key and not market themselves.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
What if it crashes while you're on vacation?

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #18 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
What if it crashes while you're on vacation?

A mining computer or the market? Both can happen.  Wink

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:17pm:
A mining computer or the market? Both can happen.  Wink

How about either or both?

First the computer.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - anyone follow bitcoin?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog