Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump vs Venezuela
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump vs Venezuela (Read 943 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Trump vs Venezuela
Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:34am
Print Post  
From Reuters:

Quote:
BEDMINSTER, N.J. (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday threatened military intervention in Venezuela, a surprise escalation of Washington's response to Venezuela's political crisis that Caracas disparaged as "craziness."

Venezuela has appeared to slide toward a more volatile stage of unrest in recent days, with anti-government forces looting weapons from a military base after a new legislative body usurped the authority of the opposition-controlled congress.

"The people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela including a possible military option if necessary," Trump told reporters in an impromptu question and answer session.

Full article: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-venezuela-military-idUSKBN1AR2GR

I really don't understand Trump's logic here. Why should we get involved in Valenzuela *AT ALL*, let alone militarily? He says people there are suffering and dying. Isn't that a *GOOD* thing? They've been our enemies for years. We should be laughing at their collective faces and hoping that the entire country implodes. Trump is trying to fix something that does not deserve to be fixed.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Re: Trump vs Venezuela
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:34am:
From Reuters:

Full article: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-venezuela-military-idUSKBN1AR2GR

I really don't understand Trump's logic here. Why should we get involved in Valenzuela *AT ALL*, let alone militarily? He says people there are suffering and dying. Isn't that a *GOOD* thing? They've been our enemies for years. We should be laughing at their collective faces and hoping that the entire country implodes. Trump is trying to fix something that does not deserve to be fixed.

There is no logic. He just says this shit off the top of his head, probably after having a discussion where one of his aides dangled the idea. I can guarantee you McMaster isn't advocating for it.

A rare moment of candid truth from NorthKoreanFrogmanInvasion(!!), aka ReeweeWittoBwain:   RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  

Vypr wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:37am:
There is no logic. He just says this shit off the top of his head, probably after having a discussion where one of his aides dangled the idea.

I think it actually goes deeper than that. He, along with a certain clique in the WH, sees the military as the solution to all problems (hence why they want to starve the State Dept, decertify the Iran deal, etc.).

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
I think it actually goes deeper than that. He, along with a certain clique in the WH, sees the military as the solution to all problems (hence why they want to starve the State Dept, decertify the Iran deal, etc.).

Some in the WH think that way but I don't think that drives this. The alt-right mantra has been to denounce the neoconservative tendency for military adventurism. Bannon is both disdainful of the neocon wars AND something of a fan of apocalyptic political "prophecy". Trump himself denounced this kind of stuff before and during the election, but now that he has the control, it seems he is more open to using it. Or at least he is comfortable insinuating he will. I believe Trump just talks any shit he wants on this type of stuff. I would like to believe the people around him are making sure there is a method to the madness, but I don't know. That said, no way we would go into Venezuela militarily. Not in a hundred years. Not even Trump would do that deed.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:27pm by Vypr »  

A rare moment of candid truth from NorthKoreanFrogmanInvasion(!!), aka ReeweeWittoBwain:   RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:23pm
Print Post  

well don't completely discount the commie angle. after all with the people suffering & the government in chaos it wouldn't be the 1st time we have said things to set up preventing our ol boggie man, Russia, from moving in.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  

Vypr wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:18pm:
Trump himself denounced this kind of stuff before and during the election, but now that he has the control, it seems he is more open to using it.

He was open to using it well before he began running for President. For example, he's on video supporting our role in overthrowing Qaddafi (despite what he claimed on the campaign trail). And he repeatedly talked about bombing ISIS. The point being he doesn't really have a grand strategy, but he has a hammer and sees every problem as a nail.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
At first I thought it was an offhanded remark, muttered under his breath or something.  But he made sure it was explicitly clear that he was considering "military options" in Venezuela.

It's a real head-scratcher.  What military options would those be, Trump?  You're going to bomb the prime minister?  Send in the SEAL teams to disrupt their government?  Drone strikes?

What the hell is he talking about?

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
At first I thought it was an offhanded remark, muttered under his breath or something.  But he made sure it was explicitly clear that he was considering "military options" in Venezuela.

It's a real head-scratcher.  What military options would those be, Trump?  You're going to bomb the prime minister?  Send in the SEAL teams to disrupt their government?  Drone strikes?

What the hell is he talking about?

Humanitarian military intervention.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:50pm
Print Post  

Josie wrote on Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:35pm:
Humanitarian military intervention.

Which means what exactly?

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Aug 14th, 2017 at 12:50pm:
Which means what exactly?

An oxymoron.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump vs Venezuela

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules