Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Was It Smart Of Trump To Be A War Monger?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Was It Smart Of Trump To Be A War Monger? (Read 852 times)
crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Was It Smart Of Trump To Be A War Monger?
Reply #20 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:13am:
Well Crepe, it's because of the definition in the dictionary I guess?

war·mon·ger:
noun
a person who encourages or advocates aggression towards other countries or groups.

Again, you should know as well as I how fast time goes by Wink

Grin  Grin  Too fast, although there have been a few periods in my life when it didn't pass quickly enough.   Smiley

Do you really believe that President Trump is encouraging or advocating war?  I see him acting in a way that protects the United States and discourages another nation from warmongering against us.  Perhaps that's one of the reasons we're on the opposite sides of this right now, but you'll come around.   Wink   Smiley

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #21 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:36am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 4:04pm:

seems that some people like it

"As tensions rise and explosive language flies between Trump and North Korea, the president has regained standing in his national approval rating.

According to the latest Rasmussen survey, 45 percent of Americans approve of President Trump -- the highest his rating has been in the same poll since July 12. His approval rating exactly one week ago stood at a staggeringly low 39 percent."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/08/11/trumps-approval-rating-surges-after-...

Quote:
According to the latest Rasmussen survey, 45 percent of Americans approve of President Trump --

Sorry Charle

Trump doesn't believe in polls. They are FakeNews to him Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #22 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:45am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:34am:
Grin  Grin  Too fast, although there have been a few periods in my life when it didn't pass quickly enough.   Smiley

Do you really believe that President Trump is encouraging or advocating war?  I see him acting in a way that protects the United States and discourages another nation from warmongering against us.  Perhaps that's one of the reasons we're on the opposite sides of this right now, but you'll come around.   Wink   Smiley

Quote:
Do you really believe that President Trump is encouraging or advocating war?

I do....

Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday threatened military intervention in Venezuela, a surprise escalation of Washington's response to Venezuela's political crisis that Caracas disparaged as "craziness."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-venezuela-military-option-crisis/20...

Quote:
I see him acting in a way that protects the United States and discourages another nation from warmongering against us.

How's Venezuela Warmongering with us? Roll Eyes

Quote:
but you'll come around. 

I'm not so sure about that Roll Eyes

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:59am
Print Post  
From the article you posted.

Quote:
"The people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela including a possible military option if necessary," Trump told reporters in an impromptu question and answer session.

Many options.  Any C-I-C worth his salt has many military options for various situations.  My first husband was working in War Planning when he retired from the military.  The only thing he told me about the job was that I would be very surprised if I knew some of the places we had plans for bombing if necessary.  That's what smart, prepared nations do. 

Personally, I don't want another Pearl Harbor type situation where we aren't prepared.  What President Trump and his staff are doing isn't warmongering, it's smart preparedness, something obummer neglected to do.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #24 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:03am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:59am:
From the article you posted.

Many options.  Any C-I-C worth his salt has many military options for various situations.  My first husband was working in War Planning when he retired from the military.  The only thing he told me about the job was that I would be very surprised if I knew some of the places we had plans for bombing if necessary.  That's what smart, prepared nations do. 

Personally, I don't want another Pearl Harbor type situation where we aren't prepared.  What President Trump and his staff are doing isn't warmongering, it's smart preparedness, something obummer neglected to do.

Here's a couple of rolling eyes for ya Crepe Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #25 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:07am
Print Post  
In dealing with the enemy, *EVERYTHING* should *ALWAYS* be on the table.

Only a fool would limit his options. Common Sense 101.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #26 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:07am:
In dealing with the enemy, *EVERYTHING* should *ALWAYS* be on the table.

Only a fool would limit his options. Common Sense 101.]/quote]

Speaking of that "Common sense 101"

Trump wants to go into Venezuela because of just what happening in Venezuela 

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-venezuela-military-option-crisis/20...

[quote]"The people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela including a possible military option if necessary," Trump told reporters in an impromptu question and answer session.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 5:45am:
I do....

[/highlight]

How's Venezuela Warmongering with us? Roll Eyes

I'm not so sure about that Roll Eyes

I didn't say that Venezuela was warmongering with us.  I said that it discourages them from doing so.

You may not be so sure about it, but you also aren't sure that you won't.  I'll accept that. 

Do you care to share with me/us how President is warmongering?  My inquiring mind is inquiring.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #28 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:16am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:12am:
I didn't say that Venezuela was warmongering with us.  I said that it discourages them from doing so.

You may not be so sure about it, but you also aren't sure that you won't.  I'll accept that. 

Do you care to share with me/us how President is warmongering?  My inquiring mind is inquiring. 

Quote:
  I said that it discourages them from doing so.

Grin Grin Grin

Yep, a county that's falling apart and in bordering civil war is in a postion to threaten us Roll Eyes  That is not what Trump said Crepe Roll Eyes

This is why Trump has brought up a military solution

GOD!

"The people are suffering and they are dying" - Donald Trump

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #29 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 6:10am:

I know you despise Trump, but putting words in his mouth does not help your cause.

He said military intervention would be an option. He did *NOT* say that he wants to go into Valenzuela.

I have already started a thread on Trump and Valenzuela. In it, I plainly said that we should have no involvement there. Let everyone there suffer and die. We have better things to do than worry about riff raff.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Was It Smart Of Trump To Be A War Monger?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog