Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Do You Believe In God Or Creator?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Do You Believe In God Or Creator? (Read 2,217 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Creator?
Reply #150 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 3:52pm:
Here is an idea for Johnny or Bowhunter, why don't you guys ask admin to start an agnostic/atheist forum.

I don't call myself an atheist. People like you do.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #151 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 3:48pm:
Actually Johnny it does not hurt me or insult me, in fact, I think you are trying to impose on me how you perceive my reaction to you and others unbelief in a Creator.  I care only enough that I do not desire to see anyone suffer the wrath of God as he has provided you a way out, but burning the Bible or insulting God is between you and God, not me.  If you want to burn a Bible, go for it, I am not insulted since your disrespect is meant for the one who created you.  I had nothing to do with any of God's plans or his word so I am not slighted in the least.  Unfortunate one would out and out reject all he has done for you but that is your choice and between you and him.

I would never burn the bible. Just incase  Wink

If there is a god, Ive already got some answering to do.  Embarrassed

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #152 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 3:52pm:
Here is an idea for Johnny or Bowhunter, why don't you guys ask admin to start an agnostic/atheist forum.

Might be interesting.  But only if non-atheists and non-agnostics could participate.  Which would be different from the Christian forum, where only Christians (or at least those claiming to be such) are, technically, allowed to participate.  But in reality, as long as everybody behaves, I don't see any need to over manage who gets to play.  I find these things about equal parts entertainment and thought provoking.  I will throw the full support of Elmer Fudd behind starting an atheist-agnostic forum.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #153 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:44am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:03am:
Might be interesting.  But only if non-atheists and non-agnostics could participate.  Which would be different from the Christian forum, where only Christians (or at least those claiming to be such) are, technically, allowed to participate.  But in reality, as long as everybody behaves, I don't see any need to over manage who gets to play.  I find these things about equal parts entertainment and thought provoking.  I will throw the full support of Elmer Fudd behind starting an atheist-agnostic forum.

But we kind of have one already.  the House.  Seldom used, available for a variety of topics.  Anybody feeling led to start an atheist-agnostic thread can do so there and see what happens.

But now that I've thought on it, the religion forum is also an appropriate place.  Elmer has decided we already have one.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #154 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
You could argue that this forum encompasses atheists and agnostics, because those positions are - or are they? - entirely defined in relation to faith.

A separate forum would be redundant, although this one sometimes gets confused a little bit with the Christian one where the stated rules are different.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #155 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
This forum doesn't get enough posting as it is to justify a new one that would basically be a speciation of it.

Non sequitur:

Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #156 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:23pm:
You could argue that this forum encompasses atheists and agnostics, because those positions are - or are they? - entirely defined in relation to faith.

A separate forum would be redundant, although this one sometimes gets confused a little bit with the Christian one where the stated rules are different.

Some atheists and agnostics bristle at the allegation that their beliefs (or lack thereof) constitute "religion," but Uncle Sugar treats them as if they were for many purposes.  I think it's nitpicking to get one's deity-denying diaper in a dither over atheism being called a "religion."  But hey, it's a free country.

Everybody worships something.  The Book says look at how a fellow spends his money and you will find his god.  Or some such.  That's definitely a paraphrase at best.  Most worship more than one thing, but only one thing can be in first place. 

I think a separate forum would be redundant too, having changed my mind after just thinking on it a little.  I would also opine that the Christian forum should not be limited only to Christians but should be limited only to discussions of Christianity.  And I think that's pretty much how it is operated

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #157 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:56pm:
Some atheists and agnostics bristle at the allegation that their beliefs (or lack thereof) constitute "religion," but Uncle Sugar treats them as if they were for many purposes.  I think it's nitpicking to get one's deity-denying diaper in a dither over atheism being called a "religion."  But hey, it's a free country.

Everybody worships something.  The Book says look at how a fellow spends his money and you will find his god.  Or some such.  That's definitely a paraphrase at best.  Most worship more than one thing, but only one thing can be in first place. 

I think a separate forum would be redundant too, having changed my mind after just thinking on it a little.  I would also opine that the Christian forum should not be limited only to Christians but should be limited only to discussions of Christianity.  And I think that's pretty much how it is operated

I disagree. I don't worship anything.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #158 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:16pm:
I disagree. I don't worship anything.

10-4

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #159 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:47pm:
10-4

I breathe. Maybe to you that means that I worship air.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Do You Believe In God Or Creator?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog