Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Do You Believe In God Or Creator?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Do You Believe In God Or Creator? (Read 12,513 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Creator?
Reply #210 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Again, you have faith in something you can not see or recreate to validate your theory regarding life.  You HAVE to take the words of those who theorize.  Since you personally have never seen life come from nothing, all you have is faith

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #211 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:35am:
Certainly not all who believe he's a historical figure believe that he is the Son of God.

Indeed.  For starters, there are ~1.5 billion Muslims who believe he was a historical figure but not the Son of God.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #212 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 4:15am
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:15pm:
Indeed.  For starters, there are ~1.5 billion Muslims who believe he was a historical figure but not the Son of God.

There are close to 5 billion non-Christians in the world, IE people who don't believe in the divinity of Jesus.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #213 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Yet we do not concern ourselves about how many do not believe.  The Bible clearly states few will believe so I do not worry about what a majority of people believe, has no relevance one way or the other.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #214 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 11:18am:
You're still confused..  the 'faith' I have in life spontaneously arising is the same as the 'faith" I have in the chemical reaction that produces a flame when I strike a match on the side of the box .

It is not at all like the lack of evidence you require for religious "Faith" ..

Again you're completely wrong.. We are moving closer each year to producing life in the laboratory. 

U.S. scientists take step toward creating artificial life.

It's simply a matter of time before the "formula" for life is known..

No.. What you see around you is the result of accidents (mutations) over millions and millions of years.. 

Life appears designed because it so intimately meshes with the environment that favored some accidents (mutations) and was hostile to others..   Evolution is an elegant, infallible step by step process where natural selection mates an organism with it's surroundings.   

You may not understand the covalent bond holding hydrogen to oxygen to produce water but because you don't understand it does not mean that an intelligence designed the mechanism.  In other words.. for things to be simply complex beyond your comprehension is not evidence of design. It is evidence of your limited understanding.

Maybe, but there's still gonna be a "creator" - in this case, the scientists.

That something as complex as the world we see around us could just "happen" is akin to believing a meal or a cake could emerge from a pile of ingredients absent a cook mixing them.

But it's a tiresome discourse and generally only conducted with what I call "evangelical atheists."  The faith that begets belief is a gift of God (that's in Ephesians).  Why He chooses to give it to some and not all is beyond my pay grade.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2018 at 3:17pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #215 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 12:19pm:
Yet we do not concern ourselves about how many do not believe.  The Bible clearly states few will believe so I do not worry about what a majority of people believe, has no relevance one way or the other.

The Book always speaks of a "remnant," and a remnant always implies less than half.  Generally MUCH less.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Staffer1

Reply #216 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:14pm:
Again, you have faith in something you can not see or recreate to validate your theory regarding life.  You HAVE to take the words of those who theorize.  Since you personally have never seen life come from nothing, all you have is faith

Slight correction here.  Yes, no one has seen life come from "nothing".   The position is scientists do not yet know the exact combination of chemicals/time/environment that causes what we call "life" from precursor elements.  That said there are some very telling experiments that have happened.

You are actually the one with the claim with no evidence.  You claim that life comes from nothing by a creator.  That's faith.  The burden of evidence is certainly on you to both prove the existence of a creator and that life came from that creator, and not only that but your particular version of a creator that contradicts other versions of creators.

Saying I don't know, or we don't know yet is not in any circumstances "faith".

This is completely an argument from ignorance - "We don't know what causes storms so it must be a creator." 

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Staffer1

Reply #217 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
Maybe, but there's still gonna be a "creator" - in this case, the scientists.

That something as complex as the world we see around us could just "happen" is akin to believing a meal or a cake could emerge from a pile of ingredients absent a cook mixing them.

But it's a tiresome discourse and generally only conducted with what I call "evangelical atheists."  The faith that begets belief is a gift of God (that's in Ephesians).  Why He chooses to give it to some and not all is beyond my pay grade.

Except no one is saying that something as complex as the world just "happened" or an accident.

Complexity can arise just following a simple set of rules.  Evolution is the opposite of an accident.

Entropy increases on average but the whole solar system is evidence of a slight decrease in entropy.  That's why it's here! A cake that put itself together right before our eyes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Do You Believe In God Or Creator?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules