Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › What is Heaven Really Like?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What is Heaven Really Like? (Read 1,489 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: What is Heaven Really Like?
Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 9:18am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 4:41pm:
About all I can say is, it's the spiritual you, not the secular you.  Just relaying my understanding of what makes you you, or anybody else who anybody else is, there are three components:

Your physical body
Your soul
Your spirit

Soul and spirit are not the same thing according to my understanding of the teachings of both the OT and NT.  Everybody has a body and a soul that is alive the entire time they are on earth.  When the body dies, the soul continues to exist.  The spirit, however, is dead until "reborn" by an act of God. (If it is never reborn by an act of God, it remains dead.)  It is the spirit that goes to heaven.  So it's you, but not the you you are right now.  It's a better you.  (Assuming I am correct.  I believe I am, but I am not so conceited as to leave no room that I may have misunderstood something pretty important.  And no one every fully grasps the concept of God and Heaven and Eternity on this side of the topsoil.  It's a journey as long as we're on this side of the topsoil, and we never reach the destination until we "punch out," so to speak.)

I agree with you that most Christians do not think about heaven much.  I would go so far as to say that a lot of people claiming to be Christian aren't, for that matter, Christian.  But even of those that are, thinking about heaven is not high on their list of priorities, nor should it be.  Doing the will of the father while in a physical body should be the highest priority.  Of course, that encompasses a LOT of things, and I doubt "thinking about heaven" is anywhere on the list.  It's not on mine, although I will think about it and opine on it when it comes up for discussion. 

I do claim to be a Christian.  Not a particularly noteworthy or award winning one, mind you.  At best, "garden variety average" or below.  Certainly not above.  That is, of true Christians.  If you compare me to the average of all people claiming to be Christian I think I would fare in the lower end of the top third, but only because so many who claim to be one aren't.

I may change my screen name to "bonehead theologian" for a while.  Or I may not.  I am enjoying the discussions down here in the religion and Christian boards.

Sieg Heil,

Elmer Fudd

I will disagree with the bold statement and a perfect example of how we should be oriented is shown to you and I by the Apostles, who Philippians 3:8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my LORD, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ.  Their lives were lived exactly as we should live, because everything on earth will be lost or destroyed in the end.  Nothing but our souls have any value.  The Apostles put their own lives on the table after seeing Jesus ascend into Heaven.  Would your perspective changed had you witnessed the Messiah going to heaven before your eyes?
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2017 at 9:29am by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: What is Heaven Really Like?
Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Muckster, this is a forum for Christians to share their opinions and views.  I deleted your remarks because of your ad hominem attacks rather then an honest discussion.  I do not view you as a Christian based on prior discussions regarding your Biblical views and so you are a guest.  As long as you are not personally attacking people I will not delete your posts.  If this bothers you you can petition admin.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › What is Heaven Really Like?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules