Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Who really caused Jesus to be murdered.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Who really caused Jesus to be murdered. (Read 1,680 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Who really caused Jesus to be murdered.
Aug 21st, 2017 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
He, his mother, or did someone else fill his head with lies?

He was not a god, nor a son of a god. Did he come up with that story or did his mother do that to him? She had sex with a man, got pregnant with him and raised him in a lie?
Or was he what would be known today as a nut?

It will be hard for the religious to answer this. But Im sure they can help my question to be more simple.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Who really caused Jesus to be murdered.
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 8:57pm:
He, his mother, or did someone else fill his head with lies?

He was not a god, nor a son of a god. Did he come up with that story or did his mother do that to him? She had sex with a man, got pregnant with him and raised him in a lie?
Or was he what would be known today as a nut?

It will be hard for the religious to answer this. But Im sure they can help my question to be more simple.

Won't be hard at all for me.  No one filled His head with lies.  He was God incarnate, fully man and fully God at the same time.  His mother had no sex with a man until after His birth.  He probably would be known today as a nut and He was at that time, too, by more than a few.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
That neatly illustrated one of the eternal problems with religion.

How do you tell the difference between someone inspired by God and someone with a desperate mental health problem?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 22nd, 2017 at 2:36pm:
That neatly illustrated one of the eternal problems with religion.

How do you tell the difference between someone inspired by God and someone with a desperate mental health problem?

Good question, and it has been asked for centuries.  All I can tell you is it says in the NT that Jesus said "my sheep know my voice."  That actually has a lot of deep theology behind it, discussion of which is not fruitful with non-believers at all and sometimes not even with believers. 

But like Charles Manson did, many people can fool many people.  One generally can tell a lot by what a person does.  One can also be assured that, assuming the NT is correct "in all material respects," Jesus will only come one more time bodily and has only been here once before, bodily.  If I am one of His "sheep," and I believe I am, and if the "sheep will know His voice" (means recognize Him when they see Him), then I haven't run up on Him as of right now. 

I will also add this.  I have had more than a little success, without even really trying, in disabusing people of the notion that God gave them a revelation or told them to do something simply by making them think about it a little.  So it's definitely a tough subject.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Hmm...

Even more difficult if someone is doing something demonstrably good, whilst claiming divine instruction.

However, given that most of us recognise "good" & "bad", if a new Abraham came along and was truly instructed by God to butcher his child, but was apprehended just prior to God pulling the plan, Abraham 2017 would be in prison.

Tricky stuff. Almost like there is no meaningful distinction between direct instruction from God and madness.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 22nd, 2017 at 5:19pm:
Hmm...

Even more difficult if someone is doing something demonstrably good, whilst claiming divine instruction.

However, given that most of us recognise "good" & "bad", if a new Abraham came along and was truly instructed by God to butcher his child, but was apprehended just prior to God pulling the plan, Abraham 2017 would be in prison.

Tricky stuff. Almost like there is no meaningful distinction between direct instruction from God and madness.

According to the bible god makes bets with Satan. I wouldn't be surprised if he had him over for dinner once in a while.

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 22nd, 2017 at 5:19pm:
Hmm...

I would have to agree on at least one level.  For instance, I read of a "church" in Virginia I think that had a "service" where they tried to beat the gayness out of young adult member.  I feel sure they believe they were doing God's work, but I am just as sure they're wackos and wouldn't know God if he walked up to them and slapped them upside the head with a wet dishrag.

As far as the snake handlers, my only comment on that practice is suit yourself, but I do feel sorry for the snakes. (I read somewhere that the average life of a snake in captivity and used for that purpose is like 2 to 4 months versus 20 years in the wild.) I think most of those people would probably recognize God before he had to whop them upside the head with a wet dishrag, but I also firmly believe they're taking scripture completely out of context when they "take up serpents and drink poison."

I take with a huge dose of skepticism anything said by anybody who starts it off anything like this:  "God told me.....".   I generally listen respectfully but I fear my body language is indicating I'd rather be elsewhere, because usually I would.  There are occasions when I converse, again respectfully, and it's been on a few of those occasions that, without even really trying, I was able to disabuse the person of the notion that God had told him anything.  And all I really did was make him think about it by first agreeing that God may well have told him that very thing, but here are the reasons I think maybe God didn't.  After giving those reasons I said, but if you're sure God told you that then by all means I'd do it if I were you.  In no case of which I am aware did the person take the action he said God told him to take.  So either I am a tool of Satan or God didn't tell that fellow anything.  I hope it's the latter.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Maybe Satan now owes God a dollar, or, more likely, a shekel.

IP Logged

President in Exile Bama Beau
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Havana ball.

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 12:23am
Print Post  

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2017 at 11:26pm by President in Exile Bama Beau »  

I didn't come here from a private forum run by a gay guy.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 2:31am
Print Post  
President in Exile Bama Beau wrote on Aug 24th, 2017 at 12:23am:

God did. Jesus was sent to be sacrificed. He was God dying as Man,
cleansing sin from the world. That was God's plan. Ergo, God murdered Jesus.

Which happens to be himself (sort of) so god also committed suicide, which is a mortal sin, god is in hell now expiating for his sins...

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Who really caused Jesus to be murdered.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog