Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Perhaps something fair-minded know it all will like.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Perhaps something fair-minded know it all will like. (Read 211 times)
Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Perhaps something fair-minded know it all will like.
Aug 30th, 2017 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
I chanced upon this the other day.

It is a blog by some Presbyterians called "Old Life."  I didn't look over a whole lot of it, but the little I did see looked good.

As I believe fair-minded is a Presbyterian, he might be interested.

From the blog description:

"Throughout most of American Presbyterian history, the prevalent assumption has been that old things are dead and new things are vital and alive. Generally speaking, this was an important dynamic in the controversies between the Old and New Side Presbyterians of the colonial era, and the Old and New School Presbyterians of the nineteenth century.
Oldlife.org challenges this assumption partly because it seems patently disadvantageous for Reformed Protestants to make it. The Reformed faith may not be as old as Rome or Constantinople, but its most reliable guideposts are—to put it bluntly—old. At the same time, many Reformed Protestants consider themselves conservative, a disposition that is also oriented to the past and conserving as much of it as possible. Old life indicates that the old things are actually valuable and capable of sustaining authentic Christian faith, and that historic Reformed Protestantism specifically embodies a piety as vigorous and alive as any of its rivals.
The Old Life Theological Society has existed for over a decade, the creation of D. G. Hart and John R. Muether. Its aim has been to point the way back to the health and vigor of historic Reformed Protestantism. The Society is the sponsor of the Nicotine Theological Journal, a quarterly dedicated to Reformed faith and practice. The idea behind the NTJ was clear in our first editorial. Although the editors, Muether and Hart, are known to enjoy a good cigar and even to smoke bad ones, they remain convinced that you don’t have to smoke to get the NTJ."

https://oldlife.org/about-2/

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Re: Perhaps something fair-minded know it all will like.
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks Frank, nice blog, will check it out.. I'm not Presbyterian but some of my favorite Theologians are amongst them. I'm a Calvinist but technically not "Reformed", since being Reformed technically means you must sign of on every jot and tittle of one of their historic confessions.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
Thanks Frank, nice blog, will check it out.. I'm not Presbyterian but some of my favorite Theologians are amongst them. I'm a Calvinist but technically not "Reformed", since being Reformed technically means you must sign of on every jot and tittle of one of their historic confessions. 

I see, well, hope you enjoy the blog.

So, what exact church do you attend, if you don't mind my asking?

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:48pm:
I see, well, hope you enjoy the blog.

So, what exact church do you attend, if you don't mind my asking?

No I don't mind at all.  It's a local, independent, credo-baptist Church.. Calvinistic (Biblical) in our theology, anthropology and soteriology.. Here's a link: Crossway Church of Keene
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2017 at 2:42pm by fair-minded know it all »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Perhaps something fair-minded know it all will like.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog