Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Evict the "dreamers"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Evict the "dreamers" (Read 1,307 times)
The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: Evict the "dreamers"
Reply #60 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 11:29am:
Wally, perhaps you don't know that "Pass the buck" means to shift the responsibility for something to someone else. 

Not only did he pass the buck to congress to decide on DACA, he passed the buck by having Sessions deliver the statement.

Seems like a big talker like Trump (e.g. “Day one, my first hour in office, those people are gone,” "eliminate every unconstitutional executive order") would be embarrassed by his gutlessness.

President Trump has recinded the illegal Executive Order of (former) President Obama.  This is not "passing the buck"; it is stepping up to the plate and doing what he should have done on Day One of his Presidency!
Congress is free to take up this issue as legislation or not; just as they should have done when Obama illegally did what he had previously stated he had no legal authority to do!

BTW, the 5th Circuit OCurt of Appeals said Obama exceded his authority and ignored our existing law and this was unconstitutional, however he and (up until now) Trump and COngress and the Media have ignored this ruleing (while they hold every ruling against Trump by the 9th Circuit as "the law of the land")

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Pertle
LNF Intern10

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #61 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 12:18pm:
Wow.  Even in your water carrying you carry water. 

WOW a second idiotic remark indentical to the first stupid remark. WOW!

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Pertle wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
WOW a second idiotic remark indentical to the first stupid remark. WOW!

Harry can't help himself. Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2017 at 1:16pm by Abe »  

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #63 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 6:31am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 7:51pm:
I find it ionic that Patrick says the pro-immigration stance is all about getting more votes for big government programs.

Why do I find it ironic? The irony is in the fact that his pet cause - the limitation on immigration- is itself a big government program. It involves a great deal of oversight into the private dealings of us all to ensure we are not hiring "illegals." And it requires a larger police presence, not to mention a massive public works expenditure.

It checks all the boxes for big government.

But there is one more level of irony to mention.

We know from theory and history (empirical data) that nations with open immigration policies face a trade off- they cannot have both robust immigration and a generous welfare state. Why? Because people don't want their money going to people they do not relate to.

We are seeing this very dynamic play out here in the US, as taxpayers wring their hands at the thought of some immigrant getting a benefit they did not pay for.

This is known as the progressive's dilemma because these are the folks who tend to want to be open to immigrants and provide a public safety net- something that might not be compatible in the long run.

If this is indeed true, then we have little to worry about immigration leading to some sort of permanent left wing revolution.

If anything it will undermine the solidarity (not to mention the math) that makes those programs possible in the first place.

Quote:
I find it ionic that Patrick says the pro-immigration stance is all about getting more votes for big government programs.

I wouldn't say it's ALL..... about.  I don't think that's ALL... Pat's saying guy

But, there is defiantly an advantage there 

How do you think La Raza members vote? Roll Eyes  Me thinks it's a big blue D guy

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/09/national-council-la-raza-plans-major-...
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 7:05am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #64 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:58am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:46pm:
He'll change his tune AGAIN when he gets feedback from his base.   Wink

People in his base aren't necessarily close to some sort of compromise, which could help move his agenda as a whole.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #65 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 6:31am:
But, there is defiantly an advantage there 

How do you think La Raza members vote? Roll Eyes  Me thinks it's a big blue D guy

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/09/national-council-la-raza-plans-major-...

Okay great but look at the bigger picture. Look at how immigration will impact the political support for welfare across the board. No doubt many immigrants will want it- but the math would not support making it available to them.

And those who paid in already will not want their money going to people they do not relate to, or have not paid in themselves.

Do you a response to this argument?

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #66 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 6:38am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:02am:
Okay great but look at the bigger picture. Look at how immigration will impact the political support for welfare across the board. No doubt many immigrants will want it- but the math would not support making it available to them.

And those who paid in already will not want their money going to people they do not relate to, or have not paid in themselves.

Do you a response to this argument?

I do...

The same buffoon politicians who have created this will fix this or you will rely upon? Roll Eyes

A lot of 'IFs' and unknowns in your statement

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #67 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 6:38am:
I do...

The same buffoon politicians who have created this will fix this or you will rely upon? Roll Eyes

A lot of 'IFs' and unknowns in your statement

How is that a response to my post?

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #68 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:51am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 9:56pm:
How is that a response to my post?

Maybe by re-reading it may help?

Do you actually believe that the doer's or the non- immigrants that have put into the system won't be effected by any entitlement reform?

It has already happened once that I know of
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:15am by Luther »  

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #69 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:51am:
Maybe by re-reading it may help?

Do you actually believe that the doer's or the non- immigrants that have put into the system won't be effected by any entitlement reform?

It has already happened once that I know of

I ask again- do you have a response to the post or not?

You seem to want to ask some poorly worded questions rather than deal with the trade off I describe.

« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2017 at 12:11pm by TowardLiberty »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Evict the "dreamers"

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog