Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › WH: Not Focused on 'Silly' Polls Showing Low Approval Ratings
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WH: Not Focused on 'Silly' Polls Showing Low Approval Ratings (Read 966 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: WH: Not Focused on 'Silly' Polls Showing Low Approval Ratings
Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:17am:
Let me ask you, were not many of the MSM predicting her victory just the day before?  This is not ancient history.  I remember a ton of stations predicting her the victor before the votes had even started.

Seawolf, I know and remember along with millions of us predicting that. Im just talking about polls. I think the polls were going by popular vote, which she did win. But popular vote doesn't mean shit in the election. In this case the polls were correct. She won popular vote.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:27am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:20am:
Seawolf, I know and remember along with millions of us predicting that. Im just talking about polls. I think the polls were going by popular vote, which she did win. But popular vote doesn't mean shit in the election. In this case the polls were correct. She won popular vote.
The flaw of polling by those who do it was blatantly obvious.  When you have stories about how did we get it wrong I just can not put much faith in them.  Afterall, grass growing is more interesting then what a bunch of people think who will win or whether or not they approve of Trump...  Anyway, thanks for the conversation.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:28am
Print Post  
The polls are as a skewed as the "news" reported by the mainstream corrupt "News" CORPORATIONS. 

Dwight Eisenhower warned America in his farewell address of the danger of the "military - industrial complex" and the corrupting influence of such corporations on our government.  The corrupt influence of Media Corporations and the pay to play influence of crony capitalism and globalist's interests over those of the America people, is an even greater threat to our Constitutional Republic, than the military industrrial complex which still exists.

Politics drives the message and this is not simply "reporting the news" or sampling opinions and presenting the results of such polls to the public in an objective, non biased manner.

Academia, too,  has become a conglomerate of Billion Dollar Corporations with a vested interest in maintaining a certain political course in Washington (which continues the gravy train of Federal Dollars which fattens their wallets)
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:33am by The Original Wally »  

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 8:55am:
Not till just before the election.  Understand some here knew the polls were flawed just by looking at the rallies.

No, rallies had nothing to do with it.

You do know Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million right?

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:31am:

He keeps destroying the part of his brain that learns it.

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #15 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:31am:

So the polls were not wrong.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:41am
Print Post  
The popular vote polls were correct. Which are more in line with how approval rating polls are also conducted [They aren't separated by electoral votes]. Trump has been averaging in the 30s for his approval for most of his term. His best case scenarios are low 40s. Definitely something they are looking at [Thus the supposed donation he is going to make and kissing babies while serving food].  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #17 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:02am:
Not One Major Poll or Analyst Predicted Trump Defeating Clinton
https://thewire.in/78839/not-one-major-poll-analyst-predicted-trump-defeating-cl...

Not One Major Poll or Analyst Predicted Trump Defeating Clinton
https://thewire.in/78839/not-one-major-poll-analyst-predicted-trump-defeating-cl...

Political Prediction Market: Clinton's odds rise again

By Caroline Kenny, CNN

Updated 12:17 PM ET, Tue November 8, 2016
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/political-prediction-market-hillary-clint...

How the polls, including ours, missed Trump's victory
November 9, 2016 / 5:37 PM / 10 months ago
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-polls/how-the-polls-including-our...

Sad how little we tend to remember just a few months ago.  The CNN Article had Hillary winning on the 8th of Nov.  So again, polls suck.

WRONG!!!!

Did you not pay attention to the LATimes/USC track poll  . Admin sure did. He posted it every chance he got Wink. Right Admin? Grin

And of course sea wolf, you must not know it's a 'State race'

And of course it's all there in Black and white , here in Nov 6 and 7th Real clear politics average state polls Wink

Trump ahead in Florida, Ohio, Mich and Penn

Scroll down a little Wink

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Polls can be manipulated by the decisions of whom you ask and how the questions are phrased.  It's as simple as that.  Also, some people lie on polls, mostly for the fun of it.   
Situations can change at the drop of a hat or a pin.  Too many variables for any poll to take them seriously over the long haul.  Donald Trump knows that.  It seems that other politicians and/or political pundits, anchors, reporters don't.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #19 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:53am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 9:46am:
Polls can be manipulated by the decisions of whom you ask and how the questions are phrased.  It's as simple as that.  Also, some people lie on polls, mostly for the fun of it.   
Situations can change at the drop of a hat or a pin.  Too many variables for any poll to take them seriously over the long haul.  Donald Trump knows that.  It seems that other politicians and/or political pundits, anchors, reporters don't.

Quote:
Polls can be manipulated by the decisions of whom you ask and how the questions are phrased.  It's as simple as that. 

Then tell that to Trump who made it known that he was leading in a poll Wink Grin

Oh yes Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › WH: Not Focused on 'Silly' Polls Showing Low Approval Ratings

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog