Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life (Read 1,588 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life
Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:48am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:23am:
The Libs all just want to murder them in their mother's womb.  Far more 'compassionate'!

I modified my post, it was a little harsh, sorry.

You're confusing two separate things here.

One is the subject of the thread, that is, what are appropriate punishments for juveniles.

The other is your partisan, shrill screeching about the unrelated topic, abortion.

Try to focus.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:30am:
No kid is ever raised the same way, what a ridiculous statement.  Even children in the same household, raised by the same parents can have varied upbringings. On top of that, each individual person has there own set of mitigating circumstances that the court will take into account.

In essence, the SCOTUS decided it was true that children are different than adults and can not be held to the same standard lest we run afoul of the 8th amendment. 

Incidentally or on purpose, it's a biblical idea to begin with and should be adopted by any nation daring to call itself Christian.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.  1 Corinthians 13:11

Lol, watch the conservatives deny the Bible.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:49am:

Maybe this will finally convince Seawolf it's all rubbish.    Grin

P.S. To be fair, there is a great deal I like in the bible like the above passage in Corinthians, mostly the warm and fuzzy bits.   Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:25am by Capt. Lola B.S.C. »  

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Uncle Ichabod
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:27am
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 6:58am:
Some other Nations just off them. 

Your desire to be as iniquitous as other nations is noted.

IP Logged

Uncle Ichabod
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:49am:

Why should today be any different?

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:48am:
I modified my post, it was a little harsh, sorry.

You're confusing two separate things here.

One is the subject of the thread, that is, what are appropriate punishments for juveniles.

The other is your partisan, shrill screeching about the unrelated topic, abortion.

Try to focus.

Well one fact which is quite relevant to this post is the fact that many of our nation's most vicious gangs recruit young gang members which they use to commit murders, since they have been historically charge with lesser crimes and face far less prison time.  In fact, one of the initiation rights of some gangs is that a prospective member (child) has to carry out a hit in order to achieve membership in the gang.  This is what is driving the issue of severe punishment for the most violent "children" in our nation.

Many more Liberal Americans view criminals as "children" even when other Americans of this age  are eligible to join our armed forces and many do!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:21am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:43am:
Well one fact which is quite relevant to this post is the fact that many of our nation's most vicious gangs recruit young gang members which they use to commit murders, since they have been historically charge with lesser crimes and face far less prison time.  In fact, one of the initiation rights of some gangs is that a prospective member (child) has to carry out a hit in order to achieve membership in the gang.  This is what is driving the issue of severe punishment for the most violent "children" in our nation.

Many more Liberal Americans view criminals as "children" even when other Americans of this age  are eligible to join our armed forces and many do!

You know what Jesus's most powerful super power was?

He had an infinite capacity for forgiveness, should the right conditions be met, but nonetheless, the guy was a forgiving machine.

I bet Jesus could forgive even a violent criminal without even breaking a sweat, in fact, I believe He did.  Meanwhile, the "religious" conservative right wing has gone so gung-ho for being tough on crime, even professed Christians like Jasmine are afraid of forgiving, even a child.  We've gone farther even than that as a society and actively demonize children, even the moderate left will do this.  It's not just a 'child criminal,' it's a

"SUPER PREDATOR!"

The politics of fear and anger has defeated even the bible and you should be more outraged than me.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #17 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:21am:
You know what Jesus's most powerful super power was?

He had an infinite capacity for forgiveness, should the right conditions be met, but nonetheless, the guy was a forgiving machine.

I bet Jesus could forgive even a violent criminal without even breaking a sweat, in fact, I believe He did.  Meanwhile, the "religious" conservative right wing has gone so gung-ho for being tough on crime, even professed Christians like Jasmine are afraid of forgiving, even a child.  We've gone farther even than that as a society and actively demonize children, even the moderate left will do this.  It's not just a 'child criminal,' it's a

"SUPER PREDATOR!"

http://www.worldtvpc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/predator.gif

The politics of fear and anger has defeated even the bible and you should be more outraged than me.

I never professed myself to be a "good" Christian,  I don't turn my cheek and wouldn't bat an eye if a bad guy caused me to drop the hammer on him by the actions he chose to commit. 

At what point are these rapist, murderers and even terrorists to be considered poor "children"?  Most of the MS 13 gang members start out as violent murdering kid-Thugs!

I care far more about their victims (and potential future victims) than I do about such individual assholes!

How do you propose to make our nation's inner cities safe for good kids to live?
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:23am by The Original Wally »  

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Captain Nazi,  how do you put a YouTube clip in a post, you big hunk?

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #19 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:57am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:53am:
I never professed myself to be a "good" Christian,  I don't turn my cheek and wouldn't bat an eye if a bad guy caused me to drop the hammer on him by the actions he chose to commit. 

At what point are these rapist, murderers and even terrorists to be considered poor "children"?  Most of the MS 13 gang members start out as violent murdering kid-Thugs!

I care far more about their victims (and potential future victims) than I do about such individual assholes!

How do you propose to make our nation's inner cities safe for good kids to live?

I've called Christianity Judaism-lite before and this is a great example as to why.  It's just too damn convenient, too damn easy.  You can casually dismiss any tenant of your faith, no matter how central a theme and you still can call yourself a saved Christian, just "bad" one.

You give Christianity a bad name literally.  Let's call it "bad Christianity." 
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:14pm by Capt. Lola B.S.C. »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog