Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life (Read 1,591 times)
Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Re: United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life
Reply #20 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:12am:
Captain Nazi,  how do you put a YouTube clip in a post, you big hunk?

It's actually just an image from Google search, Which someone clearly took from the movie.

Just posted a regular picture, no magic involved.   Wink

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #21 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:57am:
I've called Christianity Judaism-lite before and this is a great example as to why.  It's just too damn convenient, too damn easy.  You can casually dismiss any tenant of your faith, no matter how central a theme and you still can call yourself a saved Christian, just "bad one.

You give Christianity a bad name literally.  Let's call it "bad Christianity." 

I never called myself a" a saved Christian"  You are making the common misconception that people do who associate Conservatives with the KKK or the Religious Right.  A belief in the limited role of a far smaller government and individual right's over the interests of a State Controlled Bureaucracy and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONE'S ACTIONS doesn't have anything to do with religion or race or much of anything that the Left tries to hang around our necks!

You and I are free to believe or not believe in any religion we want to.  This is our right as an American.  Any belief in the supernatural or the hereafter which I may or may not hold doesn't have much to do with why I strongly believe that if they can't do the time they ought not commit the crime and that a certain and severe punishment serves as the best deterrent to criminal acts. 

Kahil Gabrahn wrote "your children are not your children, they are the sons and daughters of life longing for itself;, they come through you; not from you; they are as arrows shot from His Bow.  Gabrahn wasn't a Jew or a Christian; he was a Taoist Sage.  Yet; there it is. A deeply religious metaphore which  comes from a culture of the Far East Buddists.

These "children" IN OUR PENAL SYSTEM are only defined as being "children" by political definitions which arbitrarily say that some murderer may not be adjudicated as an adult while individuals of his same age may serve in the armed forces or vote.  Such "children" don't get a pass just because it may have been politically correct to excuse their behavior in the past as being society's fault or the fault of their parents or anyone else.

By the way, most of these "children" class A-1 Felons are murdering "children" of their own age, in the streets of our inner cities.  Where is the compassion for these children who are victims of such Thugs?
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:27pm by The Original Wally »  

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #22 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Clearly the problem is with our system, and as usual, most people don't think systemically.

People don't think of systemic problems, rather they think of "bad individuals."

Now, of course there are some individuals who really are just bad, but also many people fall into evil due to circumstances. 

Clearly, seeing that we have one of, if not the, highest rate of criminality on the planet, something about the American system must be producing this high rate.

So, fix the system.

As to criminal children, they do need punished, but one should try to work with them and redeem them whenever possible.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Uncle Ichabod wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 9:27am:
Your desire to be as iniquitous as other nations is noted.

I'm new here and don't believe we've met, but I just wanted to say not only did I have to look up the word "iniqutous," but your sentence structure, grammar and use of that word are somehow musical to me.  Like somehow reading a flowing river of smooth milk chocolate. 

Your expressed gender will dictate the level of romantic feelings I'm having right now.  Is this like a real possible romance with boobs or just a bromance/mancrush kind of thing?  I'm cool either way, just trying to plan my life and everything.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:19pm:
I never called myself a" a saved Christian"  You are making the common misconception that people do who associate Conservatives with the KKK or the Religious Right.  A belief in the limited role of a far smaller government and individual right's over the interests of a State Controlled Bureaucracy and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONE'S ACTIONS doesn't have anything to do with religion or race or much of anything that the Left tries to hang around our necks!

You and I are free to believe or not believe in any religion we want to.  This is our right as an American.  Any belief in the supernatural or the hereafter which I may or may not hold doesn't have much to do with why I strongly believe that if they can't do the time they ought not commit the crime and that a certain and severe punishment serves as the best deterrent to criminal acts. 

Kahil Gabrahn wrote "your children are not your children, they are the sons and daughters of life longing for itself;, they come through you; not from you; they are as arrows shot from His Bow.  Gabrahn wasn't a Jew or a Christian; he was a Taoist Sage.  Yet; there it is. A deeply religious metaphore which  comes from a culture of the Far East Buddists.

These "children" IN OUR PENAL SYSTEM are only defined as being "children" by political definitions which arbitrarily say that some murderer may not be adjudicated as an adult while individuals of his same age may serve in the armed forces or vote.  Such "children" don't get a pass just because it may have been politically correct to excuse their behavior in the past as being society's fault or the fault of their parents or anyone else.

By the way, most of these "children" class A-1 Felons are murdering "children" of their own age, in the streets of our inner cities.  Where is the compassion for these children who are victims of such Thugs?

Actually, Kalil Gibran was a Palestinian-Muslim poet.  He was modernist and sentimental, and thus, over-rated.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #25 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
I'm new here and don't believe we've met, but I just wanted to say not only did I have to look up the word "iniqutous," but your sentence structure, grammar and use of that word are somehow musical to me.  Like somehow reading a flowing river of smooth milk chocolate. 

Your expressed gender will dictate the level of romantic feelings I'm having right now.  Is this like a real possible romance with boobs or just a bromance/mancrush kind of thing?  I'm cool either way, just trying to plan my life and everything.

You're new?

Me too!

I think there was a poster with a similar name... "Limey", with the last two letters in a different font.

Not me.

Is there some sort of annual award for the best or maybe tallest new poster?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #26 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Actually, Kalil Gibran was a Palestinian-Muslim poet.  He was modernist and sentimental, and thus, over-rated.

There's no such thing as a "Palestinian".

Stu said so.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama Hillary Lynch and
James Comey for prison

Reply #27 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 6:58am:
Some other Nations just off them. 

They are the smart ones.

Liberalism The incurable disease.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #28 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:19pm:

Forgive me for my misconception, I beg.  So are you a Taoist then?  I ask not out of spite or malice, but to better tailor my arguments for the reader. I'll stop using the bible to such devastating effect and instead will use whatever the hell reincarnation voodoo book Taoists read.

Sounds to me the Taoist position is that the parents are just the vehicle that the progeny/children/souls use to begin their life.  They are merely arrows(babies), shot from a bow(parents.)  It sort of implies it's impossible to know how a kid will end up, after all, the parents can only shoot the arrow straight and hope the kid, that's not really their kid, turns out ok or something.  Am I getting it?

So are you a Taoist or a bad Christian?  Maybe neither?

It's true, I assume most GOP/Conservatives, especially on LNF, are Christians.  Fair assumption you must admit.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #29 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Forgive me for my misconception, I beg.  So are you a Taoist then?  I ask not out of spite or malice, but to better tailor my arguments for the reader. I'll stop using the bible to such devastating effect and instead will use whatever the hell reincarnation voodoo book Taoists read.

Sounds to me the Taoist position is that the parents are just the vehicle that the progeny/children/souls use to begin their life.  They are merely arrows(babies), shot from a bow(parents.)  It sort of implies it's impossible to know how a kid will end up, after all, the parents can only shoot the arrow straight and hope the kid, that's not really their kid, turns out ok or something.  Am I getting it?

So are you a Taoist or a bad Christian?  Maybe neither?

It's true, I assume most GOP/Conservatives, especially on LNF, are Christians.  Fair assumption you must admit.

Taoism, to my knowledge, is not concerned with doctrines of reincarnation and such.

Besides, Kalil Gibran was not a Taoist, he was, at least nominally, a Muslim.

Surely you have read the Tao Te Ching?  Its not long...you should read it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › United States is the ONLY Nation in the World to Imprison Children For Life

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog