Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Administration Backs Baker Who Refused to Make Wedding Cake for Gay Couple
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump Administration Backs Baker Who Refused to Make Wedding Cake for Gay Couple (Read 669 times)
Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Trump Administration Backs Baker Who Refused to Make Wedding Cake for Gay Couple
Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Justice Department files friend-of-the-court brief in support of Colorado bakery owner in case to be heard by Supreme Court

Quote:
WASHINGTON—The Trump administration told the Supreme Court Thursday that the First Amendment entitles a Colorado baker to turn away gay couples seeking wedding cakes, despite state law prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation.

While businesses that sell off-the-shelf goods may be bound by antidiscrimination laws, those that make custom products, like the Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colo., could be exempt if...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-backs-baker-who-refused-to-mak...

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Trump Administration Backs Baker Who Refused to Make Wedding Cake for Gay Couple
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Who cares

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Re: Trump Administration Backs Baker Who Refused to Make Wedding Cake for Gay Couple
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:23pm:
Who cares

ME! I care about religious freedom and many others like me do also.
No Muslim baker should have to decorate a menorah cake and no Christian baker should have to decorate a gay wedding cake if they feel it contributes to something they consider a sin or an abomination to what ever god one worships.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:26pm:
No Muslim baker should have to decorate a menorah cake and no Christian baker should have to decorate a gay wedding cake if they feel it contributes to something they consider a sin or an abomination to what ever god one worships.

Sad!  We just had a major hurricane and another one is on its way.  Little Kim is developing missiles that will head our way and Putin Fu#ked with our election and all you are concerned about is stupid cakes and spreading fake news about the former 1st lady.  You are really stupid.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Willy᾿s Wonka
LNF Senior Staffer3

I knew that .

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:26pm:

Then they shouldn't have applied for a business license from an agency representing ALL the citizens of Lakewood if they intended to discriminate against a subset of citizens.

.  . LATEST HEADLINES . . . . More smoke: Kushner seen paying dry cleaners in kopeks . . . . . . . . Trump still thinks 'both sides at fault' in WWII . . . . . . Ted Cruz: 'just looking for my keys' in Pussycat Theater . . .. . . Trump names flat earther to run NASA . . . . . . White House aides told to shelter in place . . . . . Sessions: come for the power, stay for the humiliation

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:31pm:
Sad!  We just had a major hurricane and another one is on its way.  Little Kim is developing missiles that will head our way and Putin Fu#ked with our election and all you are concerned about is stupid cakes and spreading fake news about the former 1st lady.  You are really stupid.

If you think it is about cakes, then maybe that explains why you see it as such a minor issue.

Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:36pm:
Then they shouldn't have applied for a business license from an agency representing ALL the citizens of Lakewood if they intended to discriminate against a subset of citizens.

And Lakewood shouldn't have conditioned licensing of a business upon a requirement that abridges the religious freedom of business owners.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:36pm:

Your feelings on designers refusing to dress the first lady?

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:39pm:
Your feelings on designers refusing to dress the first lady?

Did she request any of them to dress her.  That is not how it works.  When dressing the 1st lady, the designers request to dress them, not the other way around.  It is good advertising for their fashions.  The ones that refused to dress her, did not make any requests to do so.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:31pm:

I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

If you have a problem with the topics I'm posting about feel free to stop participating in them.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:41pm:
Did she request any of them to dress her.  That is not how it works.  When dressing the 1st lady, the designers request to dress them, not the other way around.  It is good advertising for their fashions.  The ones that refused to dress her, did not make any requests to do so.

They refused in advance and they don't have a Constitutional reason for doing so.... the Constitution protects religious freedom.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Administration Backs Baker Who Refused to Make Wedding Cake for Gay Couple

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog