Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs? (Read 780 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs?
Sep 9th, 2017 at 2:40am
Print Post  

I've heard figures of $80 - $100 billion ultimate federal costs for the dumb clucks who couldn't plan for their own storm-handling in texas.  With wall costs cited at $12 - $20 billion, that's four or five walls!   REALLY, I'm TIRED of taxpayers signing a blank check to cover the avoidable costs of all the screw-ups in the country!

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs?
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:19am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 2:40am:
I've heard figures of $80 - $100 billion ultimate federal costs for the dumb clucks who couldn't plan for their own storm-handling in texas.  With wall costs cited at $12 - $20 billion, that's four or five walls!   REALLY, I'm TIRED of taxpayers signing a blank check to cover the avoidable costs of all the screw-ups in the country!

You say Houston is full of dumb clucks who can't plan for storms yet you have suggested repeatedly that a last minute evacuation of the city would have been desirable, knowing full well that the roads were designed to capture and move water out of the city.

So you are either are nihilist or someone whose judgement is highly questionable.

Either way, you have no grounds for criticism.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:31am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:19am:
You say Houston is full of dumb clucks who can't plan for storms yet you have suggested repeatedly that a last minute evacuation of the city would have been desirable, knowing full well that the roads were designed to capture and move water out of the city.

So you are either are nihilist or someone whose judgement is highly questionable.

Either way, you have no grounds for criticism.

I'm getting REALLY TIRED of people saying I said things I didn't say.  I certainly NEVER said the city should order a "last minute evacuation", or anything else stupid.  I've REPEATEDLY said that such cities should take due account in their preparations and planning that they are right next to an area for which it has been known for 500 years that it frequently produces hurricanes.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:53am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:31am:
I'm getting REALLY TIRED of people saying I said things I didn't say.  I certainly NEVER said the city should order a "last minute evacuation", or anything else stupid.  I've REPEATEDLY said that such cities should take due account in their preparations and planning that they are right next to an area for which it has been known for 500 years that it frequently produces hurricanes.

You have criticized Houston for not evacuating. Full stop.

You can't deny it now.

Harvey went from a depression to a hurricane in 48 hours. So any call for an evacuation is necessarily a call for a last minute evacuation.

Houston has preparations and planning in place for these kinds of events. You refuse to consider that Houston has done a fine job given its terrain and location.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:26am
Print Post  

So how should they have prepared differently?

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:47am
Print Post  

What's your plan if over 50 inches of rain in a comparatively short period of time occurs where you live ?  Do you have a plan?  Does your community have a plan?  How do you plan for something that has never occurred before?

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  

funny how some like to name call people living in the Gulf Coast area while they drive their vehicles filled with fuel produced in that area.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:18pm
Print Post  

Could round up all the DOCA 'kids' and the other illegals and send them all to Fort Jackson in the Dry Tortugs to have a hurricane party!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:53am:
You have criticized Houston for not evacuating. Full stop.

You can't deny it now.

Harvey went from a depression to a hurricane in 48 hours. So any call for an evacuation is necessarily a call for a last minute evacuation.

Houston has preparations and planning in place for these kinds of events. You refuse to consider that Houston has done a fine job given its terrain and location.

Harvey as a low pressure area was discovered on August 13, and hit Houston on August 28. 

http://www.caller.com/story/weather/hurricanes/2017/09/02/harvey-timeline-see-ho...

Events have proven you did a lousy job.  You inadequately prepared for a worst case hurricane, both in your water removal and evacuation capability - and now you want the whole country to write a check to redeem your stupidity.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:26am:
So how should they have prepared differently?

Read previous posts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog