Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs? (Read 741 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs?
Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:47am:
What's your plan if over 50 inches of rain in a comparatively short period of time occurs where you live ?  Do you have a plan?  Does your community have a plan?  How do you plan for something that has never occurred before?

I was never in a catastrophic earthquake, but I plan for it.  Where did you get this idea that if something never happened to you, even though it's random and happened to a lot of nearby places, that it will never happen to you?  Does some disaster really have to happen once before you start planning for it?  Isn't that too late?

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
funny how some like to name call people living in the Gulf Coast area while they drive their vehicles filled with fuel produced in that area.

We buy their gas, so that gives them a license to act stupidly?  Cheesy

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #12 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:36pm:
We buy their gas, so that gives them a license to act stupidly?  Cheesy

stop buying their gas, get ya a bicycle you know a put your money where your mouth is kinda thing, & their jobs will dwindle & they will move elsewhere.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #13 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:35pm:
I was never in a catastrophic earthquake, but I plan for it.  Where did you get this idea that if something never happened to you, even though it's random and happened to a lot of nearby places, that it will never happen to you?  Does some disaster really have to happen once before you start planning for it?  Isn't that too late?

are you prepared for a tornado? do you have a tornado shelter?

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #14 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:27pm:

That fool likely has zombie apocalypse insurance.  He's a coward.  Not to be taken seriously.

Deny, Ignore, Evade, Distract, Place Blame Elsewhere!  Must defend the Trump Messiah!

But, but, but....but Hillary, but Lynch, but Obama, but Boosh, but Clinton!

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #15 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:56am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:27pm:

Don't have tornadoes hereabouts.  Wink

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #16 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 10:46pm:
That fool likely has zombie apocalypse insurance.  He's a coward.  Not to be taken seriously.

An idiot standing up for idiots.  Smiley  Well, I guess there's a certain "logic" there.  Grin

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:47am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 7:35pm:

Have you never heard of no flood zones?  We live in one, and a year ago last month out of a suburb of 10,500 homes, 9,000 of them flooded.  All in the non-flood zone.  Why should people take out flood insurance in a no flood zone?  It was all caused by a 30 inch rain in less than 24 hours.  The drainage pipes just couldn't handle all the water at one time.  Basically our 'soil' is sand. 

I also don't expect a snow blizzard where I live.  Should I at least buy a snow shovel?   Hmmm, where would I get one in the deep South? 

On edit"  it's not that it's never happened to you  but did happen in a lot of nearby other places.  I'd like to know what "other nearby places" it's happened to recently. 

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #18 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:12am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:47am:
Have you never heard of no flood zones?  We live in one, and a year ago last month out of a suburb of 10,500 homes, 9,000 of them flooded.  All in the non-flood zone.  Why should people take out flood insurance in a no flood zone?  It was all caused by a 30 inch rain in less than 24 hours.  The drainage pipes just couldn't handle all the water at one time.  Basically our 'soil' is sand. 

I also don't expect a snow blizzard where I live.  Should I at least buy a snow shovel?   Hmmm, where would I get one in the deep South? 

On edit"  it's not that it's never happened to you  but did happen in a lot of nearby other places.  I'd like to know what "other nearby places" it's happened to recently. 

You're really evading the issue.  That a place like Houston DIDN'T get a category five hurricane before, located as it is right on the gulf of mexico, was just dumb luck.  That is distinguishable, for example, from someone in say Alaska not expecting a hurricane.  Not only has there never been one there, but there is no reasonable expectation that one could come there, as completely distinguishable from Houston.  Get it yet?  Get it?  Get it?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Electro-chemical signalling
is all the rage!

Reply #19 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:15am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 2:40am:
I've heard figures of $80 - $100 billion ultimate federal costs for the dumb clucks who couldn't plan for their own storm-handling in texas.  With wall costs cited at $12 - $20 billion, that's four or five walls!   REALLY, I'm TIRED of taxpayers signing a blank check to cover the avoidable costs of all the screw-ups in the country!

Yeah, but... A wall wouldn't stop a hurricane anymore than it would illegals.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Did anybody think about this - illegal alien wall vs. Harvey costs?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog