Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Second round of NAFTA talks ends with major issues unresolved
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Second round of NAFTA talks ends with major issues unresolved (Read 98 times)
Luther
LNF Party Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Second round of NAFTA talks ends with major issues unresolved
Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:27am
Print Post  

I want to know where the 'deal maker' is? Huh

Quote:

Representatives of the United States, Mexico and Canada declared “progress” but unveiled no breakthroughs at the conclusion Tuesday of a second round of talks to revise the North American Free Trade Agreement

Still unresolved are a number of controversial issues, including Washington’s desire for expanded use of U.S.-made materials in automobiles and other products and disagreements about the mechanisms for resolving trade disputes and whether steps should be taken to raise salaries for Mexican workers.

The future of NAFTA has become a major irritant in U.S.-Mexico relations. President Trump has repeatedly assailed the deal as a job killer for the United States and threatened to pull out. The 23-year-old trade pact is being renegotiated at the insistence of Washington, which seeks to reduce its more than $60 billion annual trade deficit with Mexico.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-nafta-20170905-story.h...

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Re: Second round of NAFTA talks ends with major issues unresolved
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:35am
Print Post  

NAFTA has always in effect just been about the export of American jobs to mexico.  No wonder the libs love it.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:38am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:35am:
NAFTA has always in effect just been about the export of American jobs to mexico.  No wonder the libs love it.

But where's Trump?

So far I have only heard rhetoric(like all things Trump) from the master deal maker... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:50am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:46am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:35am:

wut?

The traditional left was against NAFTA and free trade in general. The traditional right was all for it (free trade). Bill Clinton lost the union/blue collar demographic when he triangulated with the GOP and Wall Street.

Maybe my recollection is wrong but that's how I saw it unfold.

For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind! The time has come to *oppose* that thumb!

A nothing burger!

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:46am:
wut?

The traditional left was against NAFTA and free trade in general. The traditional right was all for it (free trade). Bill Clinton lost the union/blue collar demographic when he triangulated with the GOP and Wall Street.

Maybe my recollection is wrong but that's how I saw it unfold.

I think you are the most rightist

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Second round of NAFTA talks ends with major issues unresolved

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog