Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Calls to punish skeptics rise with links to climate change, hurricanes
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Calls to punish skeptics rise with links to climate change, hurricanes (Read 386 times)
Willy᾿s Wonka
LNF Senior Staffer3

I knew that .

Re: Calls to punish skeptics rise with links to climate change, hurricanes
Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 11:38am:
During the previous election cycle Mitt Romney was hit with just ONE question (form George Stephanooolis, Clinton's former Chief of Staff, turned Fake News creator) about whether he was against Birth Control. This is the question which launched a thousand more loud and any canards in the Media Echo Chamber.  This is how the Left plays their stinking propaganda games!

So is this how you typically operate.  Your OP was completely shutdown and so you go off on some unsubstantiated straw man tangent.

Stick to the subject or run away again with your tail tucked.   

By the way, did anyone notice how wrong they were in their predictions (forecasts) about how devastating this hurricane was going to be and by comparison to all their hyped up fear mongering, how little damage was done (except maybe for the 1% er's Yachts and roofs and docks  on the sea shore and some trailer parks...

I see. You're joking, right?  Or is that Limbaugh's daily bullshit feed?

.  . LATEST HEADLINES . . . . More smoke: Kushner seen paying dry cleaners in kopeks . . . . . . . . Trump still thinks 'both sides at fault' in WWII . . . . . . Ted Cruz: 'just looking for my keys' in Pussycat Theater . . .. . . Trump names flat earther to run NASA . . . . . . White House aides told to shelter in place . . . . . Sessions: come for the power, stay for the humiliation

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 11:19am:
There appears to be only one call so far. 

From the article...
Quote:
“Climate change denial should be a crime,” declared the Sept. 1 headline in the Outline. Mark Hertsgaard argued in a Sept. 7 article in the Nation, titled “Climate Denialism Is Literally Killing Us,” that “murder is murder” and “we should punish it as such.”

Quote:
“In the wake of Harvey, it’s time to treat science denial as gross negligence — and hold those who do the denying accountable,” said the subhead in the Outline article, written by Brian Merchant.

Quote:
Brad Johnson, executive director of Climate Hawks Vote, posted last week on Twitter a set of “climate disaster response rules,” the third of which was to “put officials who reject science in jail.

Quote:
Do you really place any validity to the claim?

If you're referring to the articles claim, that such people exist and what they said concerning skeptics, yes.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 11:53am:
He's an imbecile. He keeps asking if people want to criminalize this or that as soon as someone expresses a negative opinion about something.

Yesterday he asked his neighbor if he wanted to criminalize bad weather.

*Chuckle* You call me an imbecile yet continue to miss this.
I asked him the question because that's the article's main focus. It's focusing on criminalizing skepticism. I wanted to find out if he believes as those who are in favor of it. You do that by asking the question I posted earlier. 

IP Logged

Willy᾿s Wonka
LNF Senior Staffer3

I knew that .

Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 12:48pm:
If you're referring to the articles claim, that such people exist and what they said concerning skeptics, yes.

Congratulations glen.

You've increased the percentage of people calling for the criminalization of stupidity from .0000003095017022593624%  to  .0000009285051067780873%. 

Good job.

Let me ask.  If there were Republican leaders making healthcare decisions based on their belief that tobacco was harmless (there're actually some that do btw) , would you be as cavalier with your approval.

What if doctors ignored science as do right-wing politicians?

.  . LATEST HEADLINES . . . . More smoke: Kushner seen paying dry cleaners in kopeks . . . . . . . . Trump still thinks 'both sides at fault' in WWII . . . . . . Ted Cruz: 'just looking for my keys' in Pussycat Theater . . .. . . Trump names flat earther to run NASA . . . . . . White House aides told to shelter in place . . . . . Sessions: come for the power, stay for the humiliation

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
During the previous election cycle Mitt Romney was hit with just ONE question (form George Stephanooolis, Clinton's former Chief of Staff, turned Fake News creator) about whether he was against Birth Control. This is the question which launched a thousand more loud and any canards in the Media Echo Chamber.  This is how the Left plays their stinking propaganda games!

By the way, did anyone notice how wrong they were in their predictions (forecasts) about how devastating this hurricane was going to be and by comparison to all their hyped up fear mongering, how little damage was done (except maybe for the 1% er's Yachts and roofs and docks  on the sea shore and some trailer parks...

.hyperbole
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]
Spell  Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, Rhetoric.

1.  obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2.  an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”.

Maybe so, but don't allow yourself to get side tracked into a climate debate. That's not what this is really about.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
Congratulations glen.

You've increased the percentage of people calling for the criminalization of stupidity from .0000003095017022593624%  to  .0000009285051067780873%. 

Good job.

Let me ask.  If there were Republican leaders making healthcare decisions based on their belief that tobacco was harmless (there're actually some that do btw) , would you be as cavalier with your approval.

What if doctors ignored science as do right-wing politicians?

Damn you! THREE people that's THREE times more than ONE.

It's ginormous!!!!

Non sequitur:

Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Willy᾿s Wonka
LNF Senior Staffer3

I knew that .

Reply #16 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:07pm:
I wanted to find out if he believes as those who are in favor of it.

Were you not paying attention?

Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 11:17am:
Of course not. 

However, as a lawyer that does not believe in Constitutional law should not be allowed to practice law, as a doctor who rejects germ theory should not be allowed to practice medicine, a politician that places his unscientific opinion over that of thousands of peer reviewed scientific studies should not be allowed to influence law where if taking actual science into account would change that law.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
There's no need to punish stupidity. Stupidity is its own punishment.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Willy᾿s Wonka wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:21pm:
Were you not paying attention?

However, as a lawyer that does not believe in Constitutional law should not be allowed to practice law, as a doctor who rejects germ theory should not be allowed to practice medicine, a politician that places his unscientific opinion over that of thousands of peer reviewed scientific studies should not be allowed to influence law where if taking actual science into account would change that law.

I bet there are a few of these elected morons that believe in creationism or its underhanded twin ID.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Willy᾿s Wonka
LNF Senior Staffer3

I knew that .

Reply #19 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
I bet there are a few of these elected morons that believe in creationism or its underhanded twin ID.

Sure.  Sometimes when you think humanity has left that sort of ignorance and mythology behind, these people pop up. 

Always diligent, we must be prepared to play Whack-a-mole and put these notions back where they belong. Behind church doors.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Calls to punish skeptics rise with links to climate change, hurricanes

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog