Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years? (Read 732 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years?
Reply #30 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
Maybe he thinks you're cute.

Slip over to a less sacred forum and post a selfie.

You have to admit that that kind of behavior betrays a fragile ego and a lack of self-assurance.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:17am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:16am:
You have to admit that that kind of behavior betrays a fragile ego and a lack of self-assurance.

Nah, different rules on this forum.

Fair enough.

Religion is a bit more robust and the main forum, no gloves.

It's OK.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:50am
Print Post  
To go back to the subject at hand. It's amazing how little of paleontology is actually understood by its religious detractors. For instance they don't get that have been discovered and identified more than seven HUNDRED of species of dinosaurs, as diverse as the mammals are today. In fact dinosaurs in their heydays were everywhere, on the ground, in the air, on water, under water, everywhere . All the ecological niches were occupied by beings faster, bigger and stronger than any mammal occupying a similar niche today. I cited the T.Rex as a remarkable example. For a T.Rex an elephant would have been an easy prey, much easier than it's usual ones like the stegosaurus with it's thick carapace and its tail ornate with pikes. In fact it would have been much easier for most dinosaur predators to go after mammals and specifically men than after their usual preys.

You know what a T. Rex would have called  one of these villages of huts that our ancestors used to live in? A shopping mall. Sure, today with our modern weapons we could kill those beasts easily, with bazookas or those big explosive bullets but with what they had a few millennia ago? No way!

As for the cliché that these dinosaurs all had a brain the size of a walnut, it only show the willful ignorance of those who use it. Some of these dinosaurs were quite smart, especially the smaller ones, like the Deinonychus (what was incorrectly called Velociraptor in the movie Jurassic Park) for example and it wouldn't have been easy for primitive men to escape them for long, not long enough to make children at any rate.

If you think that all that fauna (millions of specimens) can be explained away by a couple of obscure mentions in the bible, you are delusional beyond belief. Did I mention the gigantic ferns and all sorts of tropical plants that were found all over the earth and that had disappeared as well? Yeah, the climate was tropical , IE very hot and rainy, all over the world and that why gigantic beasts were thriving and smaller ones like today's mammals couldn't even exist.

I know in advance that all of this will fall on deaf ears, rendered deaf by willful ignorance and superstition not to mention the ironical arrogance that's always there to boot.

After the destruction of dinosaurs by the crash of a giant meteorite and the long winter caused by the giant dust cloud that lingered for a couple of years following the crash, a void was left that the short lived, warm blooded mammals, the size of rats, occupied during the millions of years that followed. It was an opportunity that may not have happened, in which case the world would probably still be dominated by dinosaurs and mammals would still be insignificant burrowing rats. For all we know there could be countless planets out there where such dramatic change never happened. It's possible then that the dinosaurs would have developed an intelligent species and developed a civilization comparable to ours... But that's just speculation.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2017 at 5:00am by BowHunter »  

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:44am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:46am:
"Intelligent design" is a fraud. People who perpetuate it are either crooks or dupes with a crappy understanding of the sciences and a gigantic ego.

There are many many other reasons why dinosaurs couldn't possibly be contemporaneous with man. I just gave the one requiring the less subtlety and the iffiest understanding of the scientific world in general.

And evolution is a lie.  The major flaw is that life happened accidently.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:44am:
And evolution is a lie.  The major flaw is that life happened accidently.

You're aware that your views represent a very small minority even among Christians, aren't you?

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:25am:
You're aware that your views represent a very small minority even among Christians, aren't you?

Are you aware I could care less?  I mean if wanting people to like you is what matters most to you you are talking to the wrong person.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 4:03pm:
Are you aware I could care less?  I mean if wanting people to like you is what matters most to you you are talking to the wrong person.

I think you mean you COULDN'T care less.  But carry on.

I, on the other hand, probably could care less, but not much.  And if I did, I would soon be at the point where I couldn't care less. 
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:49pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 3:50am:
To go back to the subject at hand. It's amazing how little of paleontology is actually understood by its religious detractors. For instance they don't get that have been discovered and identified more than seven HUNDRED of species of dinosaurs, as diverse as the mammals are today. In fact dinosaurs in their heydays were everywhere, on the ground, in the air, on water, under water, everywhere . All the ecological niches were occupied by beings faster, bigger and stronger than any mammal occupying a similar niche today. I cited the T.Rex as a remarkable example. For a T.Rex an elephant would have been an easy prey, much easier than it's usual ones like the stegosaurus with it's thick carapace and its tail ornate with pikes. In fact it would have been much easier for most dinosaur predators to go after mammals and specifically men than after their usual preys.

You know what a T. Rex would have called  one of these villages of huts that our ancestors used to live in? A shopping mall. Sure, today with our modern weapons we could kill those beasts easily, with bazookas or those big explosive bullets but with what they had a few millennia ago? No way!

As for the cliché that these dinosaurs all had a brain the size of a walnut, it only show the willful ignorance of those who use it. Some of these dinosaurs were quite smart, especially the smaller ones, like the Deinonychus (what was incorrectly called Velociraptor in the movie Jurassic Park) for example and it wouldn't have been easy for primitive men to escape them for long, not long enough to make children at any rate.

If you think that all that fauna (millions of specimens) can be explained away by a couple of obscure mentions in the bible, you are delusional beyond belief. Did I mention the gigantic ferns and all sorts of tropical plants that were found all over the earth and that had disappeared as well? Yeah, the climate was tropical , IE very hot and rainy, all over the world and that why gigantic beasts were thriving and smaller ones like today's mammals couldn't even exist.

I know in advance that all of this will fall on deaf ears, rendered deaf by willful ignorance and superstition not to mention the ironical arrogance that's always there to boot.

After the destruction of dinosaurs by the crash of a giant meteorite and the long winter caused by the giant dust cloud that lingered for a couple of years following the crash, a void was left that the short lived, warm blooded mammals, the size of rats, occupied during the millions of years that followed. It was an opportunity that may not have happened, in which case the world would probably still be dominated by dinosaurs and mammals would still be insignificant burrowing rats. For all we know there could be countless planets out there where such dramatic change never happened. It's possible then that the dinosaurs would have developed an intelligent species and developed a civilization comparable to ours... But that's just speculation.

First highlight - world might be a better place were it so.

Second highlight - cute animated movie about that very subject.  I can't recall the name of it, but my grandkids like it.  I've seen it more than once myself, watching it with one or more of them.

The civilization in that movie wasn't much "developed," though.  Not even the "yeoman farmer" ideal of Thos. Jefferson.  Look at T Rex, for example.  How could that thing ever type on a keyboard?  And I saw a neat cartoon once - Two T Rexes were talking.  One had on a nice red cap (probably said "Make American Great Again" on it.)  They're standing there looking fercious with those silly little arms.  The one not wearing the hat says "Love your hat.  But how the heck did you put it on?"

Found it.  The good dinosaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1iCZErl7y0
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2017 at 8:04pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:17am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:55pm:
First highlight - world might be a better place were it so.

Second highlight - cute animated movie about that very subject.  I can't recall the name of it, but my grandkids like it.  I've seen it more than once myself, watching it with one or more of them.

The civilization in that movie wasn't much "developed," though.  Not even the "yeoman farmer" ideal of Thos. Jefferson.  Look at T Rex, for example.  How could that thing ever type on a keyboard?  And I saw a neat cartoon once - Two T Rexes were talking.  One had on a nice red cap (probably said "Make American Great Again" on it.)  They're standing there looking fercious with those silly little arms.  The one not wearing the hat says "Love your hat.  But how the heck did you put it on?"

Found it.  The good dinosaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1iCZErl7y0

Note that I never said that T.Rexes would have been the intelligent species. At any rate it would not have been an actual species but one evolved from one of those. Like we evolved from the lemur. in that world, T.Rexes would be the equivalent of our lions, tigers and bears...    oh my!

BTW, apes are not our ancestors, they're our genetic cousins with only two percent of their DNA different from ours. They are the closest animals to humans, genetically speaking, because the most intelligent ones are likely the dolphins. The dolphins could have supplanted us because they existed long before we did but fortunately for us they live in water and it's not possible to develop the kind of civilization we did in water, plus they don't have prehensile limbs to speak of.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:28am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm:
I think you mean you COULDN'T care less.  But carry on.

I, on the other hand, probably could care less, but not much.  And if I did, I would soon be at the point where I couldn't care less. 

So why the initials rather then the name?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog