Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years? (Read 1,522 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years?
Reply #40 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 6:28am:

So why the initials rather then the name?

screen names evolve.  yours has not always been seawolf, has it?

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #41 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:44am:
And evolution is a lie.  The major flaw is that life happened accidently.

I can't believe that you are still making the same elementary error.

How life started and evolution are utterly different topics.

Evolution is not in any doubt. It is happening around you right now.

How can you continue to be confused about what you are so passionate about? 

Do you never read anything at all?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #42 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:17am:
Note that I never said that T.Rexes would have been the intelligent species. At any rate it would not have been an actual species but one evolved from one of those. Like we evolved from the lemur. in that world, T.Rexes would be the equivalent of our lions, tigers and bears...    oh my!

BTW, apes are not our ancestors, they're our genetic cousins with only two percent of their DNA different from ours. They are the closest animals to humans, genetically speaking, because the most intelligent ones are likely the dolphins. The dolphins could have supplanted us because they existed long before we did but fortunately for us they live in water and it's not possible to develop the kind of civilization we did in water, plus they don't have prehensile limbs to speak of.

You may have evolved from a lemur.

I evolved from a monkey.

You can call me "sir".

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #43 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 8:43pm:
I can't believe that you are still making the same elementary error.

How life started and evolution are utterly different topics.

Evolution is not in any doubt. It is happening around you right now.

How can you continue to be confused about what you are so passionate about? 

Do you never read anything at all?

How did life begin and where did we come from?  Evolution is part of the claim that the earth evolved from the theory of the Big Bang and then it gets all murky to the point that through a series of accidents life formed perfectly a series of spieces that now exist today.  That is the overall gist of the beginning of life and the evolution of mankind.  I like to go right for the very start of it all and ask where did it all start and where did the materials come from when they started this whole process as theorized by humanist.  It reminds me of the constant reminder of the left that weather events are not climate change...  except when the left decides otherwise like hurricanes or some other natural disaster.

Regarding I never read, right back at you my friend, you have filters and are not willing to think outside the box.  You have been taught that this is fact and you have simply accepted it as fact.  I can at least state that my belief did not start off with God and creation.  I use to believe evolution and had little belief in evolution.  I too fell for that rut that so many people are in and that is because our education does not teach how to think outside the box.  We simply repeat what we have been taught with no desire to challenge it.  I ask questions like how did nature get it right so often to populate the earth?  How did we not end up as a mass of mess and died off?  Which part of the anatomy dominated the other that would jepordize our ability to survive.  It simply does not make sense.  What are the mathmatical odds of a single cell evolving into a new type of creature.  Now take it to the -- degree and ask how two cells can roughly evolve together within the period of time for procreation to sustain this new species.  That math then becomes virtually impossible in odds.  But whatever.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 8:46pm:
You may have evolved from a lemur.

I evolved from a monkey.

You can call me "sir".

Actually, you've evolved from a worm.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #45 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:09am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 12:06am:
Actually, you've evolved from a worm.

Well, at least he DID evolve.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:18am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:09am:
Well, at least he DID evolve.

Yeah, unlike you and consort that still believe in the same (let's keep it clean) poppycock that our ancestors believed thousands of years ago.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:22pm:
How did life begin and where did we come from?  Evolution is part of the claim that the earth evolved from the theory of the Big Bang and then it gets all murky to the point that through a series of accidents life formed perfectly a series of spieces that now exist today.

Entirely wrong.

I think there are sides in this set of conversations and you're mixing up the factions on your opponents' side.

Evolution is a discrete function independent of the origin of life.

Seriously, this is a thing. It's why many Christians can accept evolution.

God made life, life develops via evolution, which has God initiated.

That's not too unacceptable in certain Christian circles.

Quote:

That is the overall gist of the beginning of life and the evolution of mankind.  I like to go right for the very start of it all and ask where did it all start and where did the materials come from when they started this whole process as theorized by humanist.  It reminds me of the constant reminder of the left that weather events are not climate change...  except when the left decides otherwise like hurricanes or some other natural disaster.

Regarding I never read, right back at you my friend, you have filters and are not willing to think outside the box.  You have been taught that this is fact and you have simply accepted it as fact.  I can at least state that my belief did not start off with God and creation.  I use to believe evolution and had little belief in evolution.  I too fell for that rut that so many people are in and that is because our education does not teach how to think outside the box.  We simply repeat what we have been taught with no desire to challenge it.  I ask questions like how did nature get it right so often to populate the earth?  How did we not end up as a mass of mess and died off?  Which part of the anatomy dominated the other that would jepordize our ability to survive.  It simply does not make sense.  What are the mathmatical odds of a single cell evolving into a new type of creature.  Now take it to the -- degree and ask how two cells can roughly evolve together within the period of time for procreation to sustain this new species.  That math then becomes virtually impossible in odds.  But whatever.

On the contrary, my education was very much about thinking outside the box.

You forget that I was educated in Wales.

The nonconformist tradition runs deep.

It seems to me that you are in a box, one marked "orthodoxy".

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #48 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:22pm:

Entirely wrong.

I think there are sides in this set of conversations and you're mixing up the factions on your opponents' side.

Evolution is a discrete function independent of the origin of life.

Seriously, this is a thing. It's why many Christians can accept evolution.

God made life, life develops via evolution, which has God initiated.

That's not too unacceptable in certain Christian circles.

On the contrary, my education was very much about thinking outside the box.

You forget that I was educated in Wales.

The nonconformist tradition runs deep.

It seems to me that you are in a box, one marked "orthodoxy".

I know more than a few who do accept.   I don't deny there is evidence to support the theory of evolution, but that's what it is, a theory.  It is the only theory that will fit with an accidental, random, formation of the universe and existence of the complexity of life we see around us.  But it can also fit within a Creator theory, also just a theory that cannot be proven. 

I don't lose a lot of sleep over it, myself.  God created in whatever means it pleased Him to do so.   I'm more concerned about Rocket Man and the Dotard in the White House right now.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Would be a valid remark except you never remember what I have said.  There is also my own encounters too that leave no doubt.  We all will get our answers eventually.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Soft Tissue Last Millions of Years?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules