Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Why does god let innocent babies suffer?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Why does god let innocent babies suffer? (Read 400 times)
Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Why does god let innocent babies suffer?
Sep 28th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Seems the Christian admin is deleting posts again. My your beliefs are weakly held.

I want to know how Christians justify to themselves their god allowing innocent babies, like crack babies, to suffer? I can see people with free-will be allowed to suffer because, well it was the trade off god made. But innocent babies suffering because of the sins of their parents? How is that justified?

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Re: Why does god let innocent babies suffer?
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Theodicy, is a theological term for the problem of evil.  Why does an omnipotent and holy God allow the entrance and proliferation of evil?  That's a big topic.  Usually unbelievers will bring in the subject of sweet, cute, innocent babies to ramp up the emotion and indignation against God.
Here's a debate between Dr James White and blasphemous infantile atheist jackass David Silverman.  This debate touches a lot on these subjects and will give you an in-depth and thorough look into the Christian take on this. :   David Silverman vs Dr James White - Is the new testament evil

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:39pm by fair-minded know it all »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 5:02pm:
Seems the Christian admin is deleting posts again. My your beliefs are weakly held.

I want to know how Christians justify to themselves their god allowing innocent babies, like crack babies, to suffer? I can see people with free-will be allowed to suffer because, well it was the trade off god made. But innocent babies suffering because of the sins of their parents? How is that justified?

Can't abide by the rules you will be deleted.  Pretty straight forward.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:14pm:
Theodicy, is a theological term for the problem of evil.  Why does an omnipotent and holy God allow the entrance and proliferation of evil?  That's a big topic.  Usually unbelievers will bring in the subject of sweet, cute, innocent babies to ramp up the emotion and indignation against God.
Here's a debate between Dr James White and blasphemous infantile atheist jackass David Silverman.  This debate touches a lot on these subjects and will give you an in-depth and thorough look into the Christian take on this. :   David Silverman vs Dr James White - Is the new testament evil

That is a backhanded insult. Anyone siding with this guy will likewise be smeared by your insult. It's the  same as saying: "Anyone who's voted for trump is an inbred moron."

See?

SW, it's about time for you to clean up your own backyard.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 5:58am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:44pm:
That is a backhanded insult. Anyone siding with this guy will likewise be smeared by your insult. It's the  same as saying: "Anyone who's voted for trump is an inbred moron."

See?

I wasn't insulting anyone here. David Silverman has a proven track record of being blasphemous and also very disrespectful and bullying towards those that hold the Christian faith. If you strongly identify yourself with his tactics and behavior I can't be blamed for that.

p.s.  I took you at your word that you were interested in the Christian take on Theodicy and it's supposed implications. That's why I linked you to an in depth and feisty debate on this subject. 
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:26am by fair-minded know it all »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:57am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:44pm:

See?

He did not insult you.  Simply stated an opinion about someone who holds us in contempt.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:07am
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:14pm:

Well, at first I didn't watch that video because it's three hours long and I thought I'd die of boredom but it so happens that I got interested and watched it from stem to stern to use Silverman's expression.

That man is not a Jackass, quite the contrary he's a very clever man and made a few salient points that his opponent didn't even try to address. In fact, White's responses were erratic and, most of the time irrelevant, a couple of times we see him go in a "theologic" rant with very little to do with what Silverman was asking of him.

One question that he never even tried to address is his belief that there are children in hell. He dodged, eluded, circumvented like hell but kept avoiding that question regardless of the fact that Silverman asked it three or four times.

The question though is a fundamental one.

Are there children in hell being tortured for eternity?

Silverman very justly concluded that White believed there were but he didn't want to say it because he knew that it stinks.

Contrary to your misrepresentation, Silverman appeared in that video to be a very poised and respectful man. Not once did he go beyond the limits of common courtesy.

Why would you lie about him that way? Did you skip his interventions as is suggested in the video itself?

If so, is that how you doctor every piece of evidence you come across?

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Can't abide by the rules you will be deleted.  Pretty straight forward.
In your own words: I did not insult.  Simply stated an opinion about someone who holds us in contempt.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
In your own words: I did not insult.  Simply stated an opinion about someone who holds us in contempt.

I've been clear.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:07am:
  contrary to your misrepresentation, Silverman appeared in that video to be a very poised and respectful man. Not once did he go beyond the limits of common courtesy.

Why would you lie about him that way? Did you skip his interventions as is suggested in the video itself?

If so, is that how you doctor every piece of evidence you come across?

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. I disagree with your assessment but that's beside the point. Truth is my opinion on him was not based on this specific debate, but on his demeanor in general.  He's in perpetual Jihad mode against anything Christian.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Why does god let innocent babies suffer?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules