Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A Conversation With Wadsworth. Ask me anything Wads.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Conversation With Wadsworth. Ask me anything Wads. (Read 5,314 times)
Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

A Conversation With Wadsworth. Ask me anything Wads.
Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Across threads wide and varied, for nearly 2 years now, Wadsworth has been accusing me of dodging her/his questions.

A very long time ago I got tired of trying to answer his/her questions and trying to expand on my thoughts on a subject in a matter that meets with her/his approval.

Because I have failed, time and again.

But I'm willing to accept that this might be a failing on my part. When I answer a question and Wadsworth asks the very same question and claims I dodged it in his/her next post, I used to try again, and try again always with the same result.  So eventually I stopped and now I just think it's funny that she/he doesn't understand.  It has led to some turd like behavior on my part.

So I'd like to start fresh with you here Wadsworth.  Let's rewind the clock to back in the old days ... about February of 2016 when you started a poll asking who people would vote for and I responded with something like "It doesn't matter because I'm in a solid red state but I'm going to vote Hillary Clinton."  Ah the good old days when life was simple before Trump cocked it all up.  (Or more accurately the media cocked it all up by misrepresenting Trump and everything he stood for and Trump supporters and everything they stood for.)

In the interests of trying to settle the differences between the various factions on the left, I am starting this thread.

Every question you feel I haven't answered to your satisfaction, ask it here in this thread and I will do my best to answer it. If you do not feel I have answered the question to your satisfaction, I will answer it again.  And again.  Until I have channeled the language and the phrasing that will get what I'm saying across to you.  That is what I'm here for after all.  Trying to find the most effective way to communicate a message that I am using and will be using off the boards.

Besides, contrary to my resorting to insults and dismissals, I do not think you're stupid and I do not think you lack understanding.  You're here on the boards.  That already makes you far more intelligent than most Americans (a key component in understanding my stances here on the boards for the last couple years)

It'd be great if this was a thread with just Wadsworth and myself having a discussion, but I know that'll never happen. Smiley

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: A Conversation With Wadsworth. Ask me anything Wads.
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:44am:
Across threads wide and varied, for nearly 2 years now, Wadsworth has been accusing me of dodging her/his questions.

A very long time ago I got tired of trying to answer his/her questions and trying to expand on my thoughts on a subject in a matter that meets with her/his approval.

But I'm willing to accept that this might be a failing on my part. When I answer a question and Wadsworth asks the very same question and claims I dodged it in his/her next post, I used to try again, and try again always with the same result.  So eventually I stopped and now I just think it's funny that she/he doesn't understand.  It has led to some turd like behavior on my part.

So I'd like to start fresh with you here Wadsworth.  Let's rewind the clock to back in the old days ... about February of 2016 when you started a poll asking who people would vote for and I responded with something like "It doesn't matter because I'm in a solid red state but I'm going to vote Hillary Clinton."  Ah the good old days when life was simple before Trump cocked it all up.  (Or more accurately the media cocked it all up by misrepresenting Trump and everything he stood for and Trump supporters and everything they stood for.)

In the interests of trying to settle the differences between the various factions on the left, I am starting this thread.

Every question you feel I haven't answered to your satisfaction, ask it here in this thread and I will do my best to answer it. If you do not feel I have answered the question to your satisfaction, I will answer it again.  And again.  Until I have channeled the language and the phrasing that will get what I'm saying across to you.  That is what I'm here for after all.  Trying to find the most effective way to communicate a message that I am using and will be using off the boards.

Besides, contrary to my resorting to insults and dismissals, I do not think you're stupid and I do not think you lack understanding.  You're here on the boards.  That already makes you far more intelligent than most Americans (a key component in understanding my stances here on the boards for the last couple years)

It'd be great if this was a thread with just Wadsworth and myself having a discussion, but I know that'll never happen. Smiley

Queshank

1st of all only recently I have stated that you are dodging my questions.  I think you are all over the place in your comments and posts.  I believe that you are not and have never been a liberal.  What I remember about you is that you said you will vote for Trump because your son is joining the armed forces and Hillary Clinton is a hawk and you don't want your son going to war under a hawk.  We had a very heated discussion about that where you begin to troll. 

My question to you is now that Trump is president, do you think his foreign relations is better than Hillary's would have been and why.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2017 at 1:20pm by Wadsworth »  

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Hey Q, let me ask you something.  How did that ditching Obamacare work out?  Seriously.  I know you made some hard decisions.  Was it worth it?

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:44am:

Queshank

Yep, Greg has already interfered with your discussion  Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:14am:
1st of all only recently I have stated that you are dodging my questions.  I think you are all over the place in your comments and posts.  I believe that you are not and have never been a liberal.  What I remember abut your is that you said you will vote for Trump because your son is joining the armed forces and Hillary Clinton is a hawk and you don't want you son going to war under a hawk.  We had a very heated discussion about that where you begin to troll. 

I'm a liberal not a leftist.  I learned over the past couple years that most leftists are not liberals.  You are judging me by a flawed standard.

Quote:
My question to you is now that Trump is president, do you think is foreign relations is better than Hillary's would have been and why.

Yes I do.

So far. 

Because from what I can see, far fewer people have been dying around the world as a result of the United States' actions than has occurred on what seems like an annual basis for the past 20 years.  And we're 25% of the way through his first term.

I actually think Trump's strategy (whether leftists see one there or not) on North Korea is working, as evidenced by North Korea's uncertainty and confusion and the fact that they are reaching out to Republicans for help with Trump.  As evidenced by China turning on North Korea.  As evidenced by the United Nations strongly condemning North Korea.

On other foreign policy fronts Trump seems to be heading in the right direction, as evidenced by even Clinton stalwart Tony Blair saying Trump has some good ideas and sees the problems on the Middle East.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/25/tony-blair-donald-trump-global...

Blair did not back away from that in our interview, saying it’s a mistake “just to go in flat-out opposition” to Trump, that the president may well end up as a traditional Republican at least on foreign policy and arguing Trump has “actually been helpful” in the Middle East, where Blair has served as a mediator for the quartet of Western powers trying to achieve a long-elusive peace settlement.

Trump, he says, has correctly identified “an extraordinary and one-off opportunity” to move toward a deal between Israel and Arab states that may finally be willing to “move on” from the Palestinian issue. “I do think there’s a big opportunity there, and I think that the White House understands that,” Blair tells me, voicing an optimism that few other peace-process veterans share.

More at the link you might find interesting about how Blair thinks Trump might have a point about his "polarized and partisan" media coverage.

Frankly as a liberal, I have seen nothing yet in any of Trump's major foreign policy speeches to disagree with. 

I laid out time and again during the campaign how terrible Hillary Clinton's foreign policy credentials actually are, I don't feel I need to go through it all again.  You'll notice during the campaign nobody ever talked about what Hillary Clinton "accomplished" as Secretary of State.  They talked about how she was "experienced" and "qualified" and carefully stayed away from specifics.

So as of this point ... I'm going to have to say yes, Trump's foreign policy is significantly better than Hillary Clintons would have been given her track record.

Queshank

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Quote:

A liberal in south Dakota? Shocked

Don't make that known to some of those small towns there Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:37am:
Hey Q, let me ask you something.  How did that ditching Obamacare work out?  Seriously.  I know you made some hard decisions.  Was it worth it?

Greg

Yes.  It's still worth it.  I'm standing by my principles and still refusing to participate.

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:49am:
I'm a liberal not a leftist.  I learned over the past couple years that most leftists are not liberals.  You are judging me by a flawed standard.

Yes I do.

So far. 

Because from what I can see, far fewer people have been dying around the world as a result of the United States' actions than has occurred on what seems like an annual basis for the past 20 years.  And we're 25% of the way through his first term.

I actually think Trump's strategy (whether leftists see one there or not) on North Korea is working, as evidenced by North Korea's uncertainty and confusion and the fact that they are reaching out to Republicans for help with Trump.  As evidenced by China turning on North Korea.  As evidenced by the United Nations strongly condemning North Korea.

On other foreign policy fronts Trump seems to be heading in the right direction, as evidenced by even Clinton stalwart Tony Blair saying Trump has some good ideas and sees the problems on the Middle East.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/25/tony-blair-donald-trump-global...

Blair did not back away from that in our interview, saying it’s a mistake “just to go in flat-out opposition” to Trump, that the president may well end up as a traditional Republican at least on foreign policy and arguing Trump has “actually been helpful” in the Middle East, where Blair has served as a mediator for the quartet of Western powers trying to achieve a long-elusive peace settlement.

Trump, he says, has correctly identified “an extraordinary and one-off opportunity” to move toward a deal between Israel and Arab states that may finally be willing to “move on” from the Palestinian issue. “I do think there’s a big opportunity there, and I think that the White House understands that,” Blair tells me, voicing an optimism that few other peace-process veterans share.

More at the link you might find interesting about how Blair thinks Trump might have a point about his "polarized and partisan" media coverage.

Frankly as a liberal, I have seen nothing yet in any of Trump's major foreign policy speeches to disagree with. 

I laid out time and again during the campaign how terrible Hillary Clinton's foreign policy credentials actually are, I don't feel I need to go through it all again.  You'll notice during the campaign nobody ever talked about what Hillary Clinton "accomplished" as Secretary of State.  They talked about how she was "experienced" and "qualified" and carefully stayed away from specifics.

So as of this point ... I'm going to have to say yes, Trump's foreign policy is significantly better than Hillary Clintons would have been given her track record.

Queshank

Only you have determined there is a difference between liberal and leftist.  Is that the same in your mind as a wing-nut and a conservative?

And as for Tony Blair.  I don't give a shit what he thinks.  I want to know what you think.  Do you always agree with what others think or do you ever think on your own?

As far as not as many people dying, that is so untrue

In Libya Strike, Military Shows New Lethal Powers Under Trump
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-09-29/in-libya-strike-militar...

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-09-29/in-libya-strike-militar...

US military carries out first offensive airstrike in Somalia under Trump's new authorities
http://abcnews.go.com/International/us-military-carries-offensive-airstrike-soma...

'Almost Everything Went Wrong': SEAL, U.S. Girl Die in First Trump-Era Military Raid
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/almost-everything-went-wrong-seal-us-girl...

So what you believe is not always true.  You believe what you want to believe for the simple fact that you want to believe it and use other peoples beliefs to support yours.  None of your beliefs have anything to do with facts.  I, on the other hand discard what other people think and base my opinions on facts.  In other words, Trump has not done anything to lessen the killings of people around the world by our military.  My opinion is that you used that as an excuse to vote for Trump.  I never remember you ever saying that you would vote for Hillary.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:27pm by Wadsworth »  

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
So what you believe is not always true.  You believe what you want to believe for the simple fact that you want to believe it and use other peoples beliefs to support yours.  None of your beliefs have anything to do with facts.  I, on the other hand discard what other people think and base my opinions on facts. 

Wow.

To see someone actually say something like this, and not out of a sense of irony, is deeply interesting to me.

You seem to really believe that your opposition is purely blinded by emotion and mere belief, free from all facts. And you position yourself as immune to this human bias. You merely find truth by objectively weighing just the facts.

That's the most self serving and delusional thing I have seen on LNF.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #9 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
And yes, there is a massive difference between a leftist and a liberal.

A liberal is a supporter of private property rights, individual liberty, the rule of law, free speech and the market order.

A leftist is an opponent of all these things.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A Conversation With Wadsworth. Ask me anything Wads.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules