Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I won't accept it, either
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I won't accept it, either (Read 394 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: I won't accept it, either
Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:49am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:30am:
Sure and you affirming that a billion people who call themselves Christians are not truly Christians is all it takes to make that determination.

He didn't say a billion people calling themselves Christians are not truly Christians.  I think he is saying having a godfather stand beside you when you're a baby and professing belief on your behalf after which a priest sprinkles you does not make you a Christian.  And if you bother to read the Book, in the words of Jesus himself, for whom the religion is named, that's true.  It does not.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:24am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 4:19am:
But trump says that it's a miracle and we must accept that without reservations.

In a sense, he's correct.  There is no freewill, so his coming was inevitable in a natural world governed by laws.   Undecided

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:36am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:49am:
He didn't say a billion people calling themselves Christians are not truly Christians.  I think he is saying having a godfather stand beside you when you're a baby and professing belief on your behalf after which a priest sprinkles you does not make you a Christian.  And if you bother to read the Book, in the words of Jesus himself, for whom the religion is named, that's true.  It does not.

So now I am no longer a lapsed catholic? Why can't you make up your...  "mind"?

Just because your midget of a cult decrees that a much larger cult (encompassing the whole world) has it wrong, doesn't make it so.

I can't be clearer than that.

In any case that doesn't give you the right to decree that this man wasn't a Christian because your particular brand of fanaticism doesn't allow him to be one.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:36am:
So now I am no longer a lapsed catholic? Why can't you make up your...  "mind"?

Just because your midget of a cult decrees that a much larger cult (encompassing the whole world) has it wrong, doesn't make it so.

I can't be clearer than that.

In any case that doesn't give you the right to decree that this man wasn't a Christian because your particular brand of fanaticism doesn't allow him to be one.

I don't see where I implied I no longer consider you a lapsed Catholic.  I do believe I have struck a nerve, though. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:50am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:44am:
I don't see where I implied I no longer consider you a lapsed Catholic.  I do believe I have struck a nerve, though. 

Well, it does seem that like, all fanatics you see everything as proof of your preconceived misconceptions, so no matter what response I'll give to that stupid insult of yours, to you it will only confirm that that insult was well founded.

Edited
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:00pm by Seawolf »  

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:30am:
Sure and you affirming that a billion people who call themselves Christians are not truly Christians is all it takes to make that determination.

It has nothing to do with what you or I think, the standards are set by Christ himself and if we do not heed his words no Priest will be able to pardon you once you stand before God's throne.  Best to know first hand what God requires of you to be saved and not by a Catholic Priest either, but by the word of God.  I can not alter his requirements, in fact, no man can alter God's requirements.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:59am:
It has nothing to do with what you or I think, the standards are set by Christ himself and if we do not heed his words no Priest will be able to pardon you once you stand before God's throne.  Best to know first hand what God requires of you to be saved and not by a Catholic Priest either, but by the word of God.  I can not alter his requirements, in fact, no man can alter God's requirements. 

And what gives you the unbelievable hubris to think that you're more qualified to do that than the pope himself, IE someone who's been elected by higher ups to be the most qualified person in the world? To name only one among a BILLION!

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
John 14:5 “Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:05pm:
John 14:5 “Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

So your contention is that the pope never read the bible?

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:59am:

Next time read completely through my remarks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I won't accept it, either

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag