Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I won't accept it, either
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I won't accept it, either (Read 904 times)
Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: I won't accept it, either
Reply #30 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:12pm:
Let's be honest, Jesus raised himself from the dead.  Last time I looked not one pope has raised himself from the grave.  So I am going to look towards the author of life itself, by the one who spoke it to life.  Not a man in a robe with a title.  That is what the Bible ask of me.
Since this is not the Christian forum but the Religion forum, please refrain from quoting the bible. You need to make your points without reference to the bible. That's known as circular reasoning, and believe me, She hates that kind of thing.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
I am just making comparisons, Einstein. I don't like the pope any more than you, I just notice that he has a great deal more to back up his claims than the two of you.

Just as if the current chess champion recommends a move I am more likely to give him credit than some random braggart from an anonymous board.

You calling me a catholic only shows you to be  a troll trying to elicit emotional responses and failing at it as do you at everything else. I don't know what institution is taking care of you but they have my sympathies.

I do not dislike the pope.  Don't even know him.  I think he's probably a fine fellow.  I like more than a few things about this one compared to the others, but I did not dislike the others.  Going back several hundred years you can find some real characters, but in my lifetime they have all seemed to be pretty good guys.  But God's anointed?  Nah.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
Since this is not the Christian forum but the Religion forum, please refrain from quoting the bible. You need to make your points without reference to the bible. That's known as circular reasoning, and believe me, She hates that kind of thing.

Refrain from quoting the Bible in the religion forum????  How absurd!  Whether you believe it or not makes no difference.  It is perfectly appropriate to quote it in the religion forum, as it would be the Qu'ran, the Book of Mormon, Wiccan stuff, etc.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:38pm:

You don't get to set the rules.  Now move along.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:12pm:
Let's be honest,  I believe thatJesus raised himself from the dead.  Last time I looked not one pope has raised himself from the grave.  So I am going to look towards the author of life itself, by the one who spoke it to life.  Not a man in a robe with a title.  That is what the Bible ask of me.

Fixed it.

You're most welcome.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2017 at 6:55pm by Limey »  

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #35 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
You don't get to set the rules.  Now move along. 
Hypocritical. Can't say anything in the christian forum because it hurts your feelings. But in the general religion forum all you do is act like you're in the christian forum. Quoting the bible, quran, whatever is suitable for a forum specifically for those religions. This is a religion forum. Any references to so called sacred texts to make a point is circular reasoning. Or is that too difficult a concept to understand?

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #36 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
Refrain from quoting the Bible in the religion forum????  How absurd!  Whether you believe it or not makes no difference.  It is perfectly appropriate to quote it in the religion forum, as it would be the Qu'ran, the Book of Mormon, Wiccan stuff, etc.
No it is perfectedly wrong to use the bible as a source of proof. If you're quoting it as a generic example of religious material, that's fine. But as proof - no go, unless this forum is worthless.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #37 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
That's Catholicism, not Christianity.

Somehow I missed this earlier, but infant baptism is also practiced in the Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox churches as well as in many Mainline Protestant denominations, such as the Presbyterians, Lutherans, and Episcopalians.  Christians who don't practice infant baptism are the exceptions to the rule.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I won't accept it, either

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News