Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Machine guns and the Second Amendment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Machine guns and the Second Amendment (Read 699 times)
Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Re: Machine guns and the Second Amendment
Reply #20 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:32pm:
Explosives included? Everything freely available with no limits?

Chemical weapons? Biological weapons?

If someone tries to bring in military weapons they bought at some black market in Africa for shooting down planes, ok?

This line of attack surprises me. Doesn't the left find our "monopoly" of atomic weapons offensive? Shouldn't Iran have one or two if they want them? What gives us the right!?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #21 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
Do you think people can't now if they wanted to?

Crazy people simply tend to lack the means.  It's worked out so far.

I mean ... we are talking about "some black market in Africa" no?  Do you imagine that legality is really a barrier?

Queshank

Making VX is hard. You propose that "just because it might be possible" you would oppose preventing someone from selling it online? I would say a private citizen selling, buying, owning VX makes them a threat. There is no purpose in a private citizen owning VX other than wiping out mass numbers of people. Same for weaponized anthrax. You are saying you oppose making the ownership of these types of weapons illegal just because maybe someone might figure a way to make them?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #22 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
This line of attack surprises me. Doesn't the left find our "monopoly" of atomic weapons offensive? Shouldn't Iran have one or two if they want them? What gives us the right!?

Ask someone on the left. My position is that certain weapons should not be available due to their massive destructive power. The question is where is that line drawn? Some people feel that to draw any line whatsoever is somehow an automatic slippery slope, "today my nerve gas and small pox, tomorrow my rifle and shotgun". That type of 100% absolutist position is ridiculous and nothing more than a thought experiment for people who are clueless about the real world. Almost everyone to a man, woman and child, when faced with a twitchy neighbor who just bought a drum of nerve gas off the darknet (or apparently "legit" markets if some would have their way) would have a major problem with that. It would not be acceptable.

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #23 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Making VX is hard. You propose that "just because it might be possible" you would oppose preventing someone from selling it online? I would say a private citizen selling, buying, owning VX makes them a threat. There is no purpose in a private citizen owning VX other than wiping out mass numbers of people. Same for weaponized anthrax. You are saying you oppose making the ownership of these types of weapons illegal just because maybe someone might figure a way to make them?

What's the purpose of the government having VX? Isn't it the same as an individual having VX?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #24 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:53pm:
What's the purpose of the government having VX? Isn't it the same as an individual having VX?

The US govt is ELIMINATING it. There is no purpose. It treats people like insects and kills them in the most excruciating way possible.

The govt having a nuke say, is not the same as any idiot with enough money being able to purchase one. This is currently a hard thing to do, to the relief of just about everyone living in a city. To advocate their broad availability is to effectively advocate no limits and no laws, which is a ridiculous position that cannot be realized in the real world, unless you live in Somalia or some other failed state.

Can someone make a non-theoretical real-world case for being able to buy VX and weaponized anthrax? Just state your case and indicate how that would be accepted by the majority of the population not planning for the apocalypse or spending their entire evening after work on their prepping plan and their bug-out bags?

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #25 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:02pm:
The US govt is ELIMINATING it. There is no purpose. It treats people like insects and kills them in the most excruciating way possible.

The govt having a nuke say, is not the same as any idiot with enough money being able to purchase one. This is currently a hard thing to do, to the relief of just about everyone living in a city. To advocate their broad availability is to effectively advocate no limits and no laws, which is a ridiculous position that cannot be realized in the real world, unless you live in Somalia or some other failed state.

Can someone make a non-theoretical real-world case for being able to buy VX and weaponized anthrax? Just state your case and indicate how that would be accepted by the majority of the population not planning for the apocalypse or spending their entire evening after work on their prepping plan and their bug-out bags?

According to you, isn't our present government run by an idiot? What's the difference between that idiot controlling a nuke, and the random billionaire that can afford one controlling a nuke?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative

Reply #26 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
According to you, isn't our present government run by an idiot? What's the difference between that idiot controlling a nuke, and the random billionaire that can afford one controlling a nuke?

No, I'm not in the Trump is an idiot camp. He's many things, but he isn't an idiot.
You know there are checks and balances. One can argue their effectiveness, but they exist.
Direct question, please answer it. Do you have any limits at all in the types of weapons that are freely available? Why or why not?

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #27 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:10pm:
No, I'm not in the Trump is an idiot camp.
You know there are checks and balances. One can argue their effectiveness, but they exist.
Direct question, please answer it. Do you have any limits at all in the types of weapons that are freely available? Why or why not?

I have control over the weapons I choose to own. I have a baseball bat. I have a shotgun. I don't own a handgun. Those are my choices.

I don't care what my neighbor's choices are.

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Electro-chemical signalling
is all the rage!

Reply #28 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47 wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 3:40pm:
The 2nd Amendment has never had anything to do with self defense.

Former chief justice Burger wrote in Parade magazine in 1990 that the Second Amendment grew out of the Founding Fathers' belief that a state military force was necessary to protect the security of the state....

Protection of a state is self-defense.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #29 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:02pm:

The universal right to property provides for one to do to and with their property whatever they see fit, provided that they are not infringing on the rights of others.

Perhaps you may get more discussion on this if you pull back the condescending snipes about Somalia and prepping.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Machine guns and the Second Amendment

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog