Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Machine guns and the Second Amendment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Machine guns and the Second Amendment (Read 1,371 times)
Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Machine guns and the Second Amendment
Reply #50 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:36am:
You would make it cheap or cheaper by eliminating restrictions which you falsely claimed don't work. They do work. You lost that debate. Restrictions on some things can make them unavailable or prohibitively expensive. It does work and yes, for point of reference the ingredients of chemical weapons are restricted, regulated and monitored. Right now only nation states have the ability to get around these restrictions in a significant fashion. And you would undo that. Sorry, your position is untenable.

You would still need a dozen chemists to make it.

I'm sure they'll work for free.

I'm sure Dylan Roof has some on speed dial.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #51 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:30am:
Vypr I do want to help you understand how distorted your reality is by television and comic books tho.  Here's a helpful link. 

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-10-11/why-its-bad-idea-make-sarin-gas-your-kitc...

He said don't try this in your kitchen. "If you try to do it, you are probably going to kill yourself."

"It takes some fairly complicated chemical engineering procedures to do it," he says, "because the ingredients, some of them are frankly more dangerous than the sarin itself, like hydrogen fluoride, which is one of the most corrosive and dangerous substances on the planet."

You can get some of the materials to make it, but not others, he says. "It's not methamphetamine."

Kaszeta says the only non-state group to make any significant amount of sarin was the Japanese terror cult, Aum Shinrikyo, which released it in a Tokyo subway in 1995.

"They actually spent millions of dollars, had over a dozen chemists and chemical engineers on their payroll, built a 3-story laboratory with some very good, very complicated, expensive equipment bought through front companies and they could make maybe 8 liters of sarin."

It's not "gun control" that prevents people from making nerve agents to kill people.

It's expense, dispersion and the fact that it's not reliable.

http://warincontext.org/2013/12/11/how-easy-is-it-to-make-sarin/

“Weaponizing” chemical agents requires munitions that disperse the substances in droplets, which can kill on skin contact, or vapor, which can be lethal if inhaled. But most explosive devices within the technological reach of terrorists would either destroy most of the chemical agents upon detonation or fail to effectively disperse them.

Spraying also can effectively disperse chemical agents. But most experts believe that 90 percent of any agent sprayed outdoors will not reach its intended targets in lethal form, given the vagaries of temperature, sunlight, wind and rain. Pumping chemical or biological agents into a building’s indoor ventilation system is no easy task either, requiring detailed knowledge of how air is distributed from floor to floor.

In Aum Shinrikyo’s first attempt to attack a rival group by spraying sarin gas from a moving van, Smithson notes, “the sprayer completely malfunctioned and sprayed backwards.” The second attempt ended up exposing the group’s security chief to the toxic nerve agent.

Again I ask you.

Which mass shooter in the past 20 years is in the market for nerve agents?

Run us through your scenario (a scenario that already played out in the movie The Rock) and tell us how Walter White breaks bad and mixes up a batch in an RV in the desert.

Queshank

Dumbass Q, I wasn't arguing making the shit in a bathtub. That's your attempt at deflection. You would remove restrictions on even the final product. So if some chemical plant in Uzbekistan decided to sell it, and if some fool in the US decided to stock it, in your imaginary world, there should be no restrictions. Again, you are delusional.

A rare moment of candid truth from NorthKoreanFrogmanInvasion(!!), aka ReeweeWittoBwain:   RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:40am
Print Post  
You're also ignoring the fact that Aum Shinrikyo was able to make some regardless of its legality.

Don't they know they can't do that!??!  IT'S ILLEGAL!

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Dumbass Q, I wasn't arguing making the shit in a bathtub. That's your attempt at deflection. You would remove restrictions on even the final product. So if some chemical plant in Uzbekistan decided to sell it, and if some fool in the US decided to stock it, in your imaginary world, there should be no restrictions. Again, you are delusional.

And now you're back to arguing that unhinged people who want to kill massive amounts of people  have the means to purchase sarin gas.

Because of course the successful uses in the past of killing less than 1/4th the number of people the Las Vegas shooter did is an incredibly attractive option.

That is the imaginary world Vypr.  Just stop.  You're doubling down on a stupid argument and making it stupider.

Queshank

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

of the Inquisition

Reply #54 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:38am:
You would still need a dozen chemists to make it.

I'm sure they'll work for free.

I'm sure Dylan Roof has some on speed dial.

Queshank

If you removed regulation markets would develop and it would be produced. Price would drop because the legal risk is gone. Again, you have lost this argument. Extreme materials like this, and nukes, and bio weapons are successfully controlled. You would erroneously remove those restrictions based on some theoretical fanciful idea that restrictions never work. You're wrong.

A rare moment of candid truth from NorthKoreanFrogmanInvasion(!!), aka ReeweeWittoBwain:   RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:43am:
If you removed regulation markets would develop and it would be produced. Price would drop because the legal risk is gone. Again, you have lost this argument. Extreme materials like this, and nukes, and bio weapons are successfully controlled. You would erroneously remove those restrictions based on some theoretical fanciful idea that restrictions never work. You're wrong.

Yeah I'm sure if the components were unrestricted dozens of chemists would work for minimum wage to create the stuff and kill 12 people.

Sounds incredibly plausible to me too.

Queshank

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

of the Inquisition

Reply #56 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:42am:
And now you're back to arguing that unhinged people who want to kill massive amounts of people  have the means to purchase sarin gas.

Because of course the successful uses in the past of killing less than 1/4th the number of people the Las Vegas shooter did is an incredibly attractive option.

That is the imaginary world Vypr.  Just stop.  You're doubling down on a stupid argument and making it stupider.

Queshank

Restrictions work. You keep trying your junior debate tricks by rabbit holing the main point. Sorry, when regulated and monitored some things can be effectively eliminated from public availability.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

of the Inquisition

Reply #57 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:55am
Print Post  
And just because restrictions work on the more extreme stuff, it doesn't mean your shotgun or rifle is at risk. It means that there are limits to what should be allowed and when enforced, those limits can work. There are no "fundamental rights" to every weapon ever created just because people want to avoid some theoretical slippery slope.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:46am:
Restrictions work. You keep trying your junior debate tricks by rabbit holing the main point. Sorry, when regulated and monitored some things can be effectively eliminated from public availability.

You're not debating Vypr you're spouting talking points.

It's not regulation and monitoring that prevents sarin gas from being available in Walmart's hunting section.

It's lack of demand.  Because nobody wants the shit besides governments. 

You imagine some black market enterprise shop setting up in Vyprstan to mass market the shit. 

Where's their profit margin come from? 

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #59 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
But look how you've walked away from and dodged the fact that none of the proposals that have been put forth would stop mass shootings.

I will remind you again.  The Virginia Tech shooter used two pistols.  A .22 and a 9mm.  And as of 2007 it was the most horrific mass shooting in "modern US history."   32 people dead.

The response?

We gotta ban assault rifles!

There is no logical connection between the stated goals of the gun control crowd and preventing these mass shootings.  We have come back full circle to my initial argument.  If you really give a shit about gun deaths you need to address the problem.  The 2nd amendment.  Everything else is what you've been doing for the past 2 pages.  Blowing smoke.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Machine guns and the Second Amendment

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules