Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What is LNF, and how does it survive?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What is LNF, and how does it survive? (Read 540 times)
Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

What is LNF, and how does it survive?
Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:16am
Print Post  
I came here from a private forum run by a gay guy. I enjoyed it until it was overtaken by the left. It started with people talking. It ended withe those I used to talk to preaching.

They told me why their way is right. They told me way my way is wrong.

All from their viewpoint. My voice didn't matter. I was made fun of.

I found LNF. The people here, even if I disagreed with them, talked. They put in the usual jabs. They didn't take prisoners, but they talked.

I talked to them as I would like them to talk to me. I won every award this forum has to offer, except for Conservative of the year. I'm proud of that. I'm proud of that because I won those awards because a mixed assembly of people, conservative, liberal, and middle of the road picked me out of the crowd and gave me the honor of holding them for a brief period.

They looked at me, me, and said, Harry, you represent us in these areas. We may not agree, but I have faith in you that you carry my ideas forward. Some of those guys are not around anymore. Some died. I wish they all were here now. This place would certainly be different.

Sorry for the morbid tone, but much has been lost. The thoughts of many, but more than that... the sense of the group. It may be a little cliche, but at one time we really had something. I know arguments raged. I know idiots were supreme. I know perfection never happened. I also know that I had friends. I knew when I signed in that certain people, left or right, would smile for me. They would smile at me. They would be glad I was here.

From that point, depending on the issue of the day, we may agree or disagree. Whatever happened, we would end as we started.

Today it seems that we approach others on the forum as either friend or foe. No intermediate role exists. We don't relate. We pound.

I miss my friends. I do.

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Re: What is LNF, and how does it survive?
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:44am
Print Post  
I apologize for the errors in my last post. I didn't have perfection in my eyes.

What I do have in my sight is what used to be here. I've argued about it many times, some, such as Mercy, claimed it never existed. I experienced it. I lived it. I PMed with Rick. I messaged with those that disagreed with me that abortion is murder. I talked to these people. I tried to see why they feel the way they do.

I'm not sure how this magic happened, and honestly, I'm not sure it did. It's been a long while, and I may just remember a dream. My memory tells me that I made some connections though. I was there, and we talked.

We don't do that anymore. We shout. This is me! You're an idiot!

Why did we stop the conversation? What happened in the last few years that caused us to shut each other out?

I was excited, a few months back to see an old poster post. I was so excited that I PMed him and asked him to continue. He did, and I'm sorry to say that he just spouts the party line. No real thought, as I expected, just the ordinary rote. Nothing really... rote. MoJo.

I don't expect new, new probably doesn't exist. I expect common sense. New hasn't existed for so long, that we can at least find common sense in what is already there, right?

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:54am
Print Post  
To wrap this up, if that is possible, I'll say this. We need to talk. We don't need to shout past each other. We need to understand what we are discussing completely.

If the subject is utter bullshit, it needs to be called out as just that.

If the topic demands further review, we should give it that.

Otherwise, those that demand attention and don't warrant it should be ignored.

That does, in case you wonder, includes me.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:54am:
To wrap this up, if that is possible, I'll say this. We need to talk. We don't need to shout past each other. We need to understand what we are discussing completely.

If the subject is utter bullshit, it needs to be called out as just that.

If the topic demands further review, we should give it that.

Otherwise, those that demand attention and don't warrant it should be ignored.

That does, in case you wonder, includes me.

In the time I've been here, I've seen the quality of posts gradually decline.  There are certain people here who only want to engage in pissing contests, not debate.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:30am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:59am:
In the time I've been here, I've seen the quality of posts gradually decline.  There are certain people here who only want to engage in pissing contests, not debate.

Yeah, and ironically, harry and you are two of them.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:41am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:30am:
Yeah, and ironically, harry and you are two of them.

I'll engage in a REAL debate with you any time if it's a subject I'm interested in, but experience has shown that you are unwilling/unable to do so.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:46am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:41am:
I'll engage in a REAL debate with you any time if it's a subject I'm interested in, but experience has shown that you are unwilling/unable to do so.  Roll Eyes

It's not just about me, it's every one else. Start a thread and ask how many people around here consider you to be a valid debater.

I know you won't, because you already know the result.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:54am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:46am:
It's not just about me, it's every one else. Start a thread and ask how many people around here consider you to be a valid debater.

I know you won't, because you already know the result.

SEE?  There you go!  You won't even debate me about debates!  Instead, you desperately reach around for some kind of "vote" for rescue.  Really, no kidding, stand up like a man and defend your issues, instead of the usual trollish sniping.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:57am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:54am:
SEE?  There you go!  You won't even debate me about debates!  Instead, you desperately reach around for some kind of "vote" for rescue.  Really, no kidding, stand up like a man and defend your issues, instead of the usual trollish sniping.  Roll Eyes

I am contending that I am not by far the only one who thinks that you're not a valid debater and there is an easy way for you to prove me wrong, but you won't do it, because you know that I am right.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:07am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:57am:
I am contending that I am not by far the only one who thinks that you're not a valid debater and there is an easy way for you to prove me wrong, but you won't do it, because you know that I am right.

I think your wished-for "vote" wouldn't result the way you think, but in any case it wouldn't prove anything.  Why do you duck and weave and bob and try anything but actual DEBATE??   The only thing that "proves" anything about who debates is actual DEBATES!  Blink twice if you get it yet.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What is LNF, and how does it survive?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog