Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What is LNF, and how does it survive?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What is LNF, and how does it survive? (Read 1,203 times)
Walking in a Wally Wonderland
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: What is LNF, and how does it survive?
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:53am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:59am:
In the time I've been here, I've seen the quality of posts gradually decline.  There are certain people here who only want to engage in pissing contests, not debate.

I left LNF for quite some time because I got bored with the "pissing contest" during the primary.  I just got busy doing more in my real life and far less on the computer 

I was glad to come back and enjoyed contributing to the threads and reading and commenting on the views expressed by those I agreed with as well as those I do not (agree with)

Unfortunately, it seems that a very few regulars are only contributing insults and no real substance.  I choose to be less involved, hoping the Liberty community will reject these hijackers.  (I don't advocate ADMIN kicking them because I loathe censorship).  In time the site will get better as those who have much more substance to offer, ignore the childish attacks of the Middle Schoolers!  (Responding to such Trolls only feed the Beast!)

As far as the future of LNF, all those who have come and gone through the many years know that what is good with this forum far outweighs what is not.  The distractions intended to derail good arguments and discussions are minor annoyances, just as the RESIT MOVEMENT and ANTI FREE SPEECH demonstrations (RIOTS) are not going to shut me up, but I'm never going to allow the Aggitaters to aggitate me as much as they HOPE & BELIEVED they can.  Things CHANGE for the better eventually,becuse this artificial provocation is only sustainable if they get their desired reaction.  "Tickle a frog on the ass and it goes..BOING!

Give 'em Hell, Harry!
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:02am by Walking in a Wally Wonderland »  

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
I Wish You A Harry Christmas wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:44am:
I apologize for the errors in my last post. I didn't have perfection in my eyes.

What I do have in my sight is what used to be here. I've argued about it many times, some, such as Mercy, claimed it never existed. I experienced it. I lived it. I PMed with Rick. I messaged with those that disagreed with me that abortion is murder. I talked to these people. I tried to see why they feel the way they do.

I'm not sure how this magic happened, and honestly, I'm not sure it did. It's been a long while, and I may just remember a dream. My memory tells me that I made some connections though. I was there, and we talked.

We don't do that anymore. We shout. This is me! You're an idiot!

Why did we stop the conversation? What happened in the last few years that caused us to shut each other out?

I was excited, a few months back to see an old poster post. I was so excited that I PMed him and asked him to continue. He did, and I'm sorry to say that he just spouts the party line. No real thought, as I expected, just the ordinary rote. Nothing really... rote. MoJo.

I don't expect new, new probably doesn't exist. I expect common sense. New hasn't existed for so long, that we can at least find common sense in what is already there, right?

My irony meter busted a long time ago, but if it was still working, this would finish it off.  If you're the Harry I think you are, anyway.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:30am:
Yeah, and ironically, harry and you are two of them.

I agree with you Bow, but you're kinda one, too.  Kinda.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:41am:
I'll engage in a REAL debate with you any time if it's a subject I'm interested in, but experience has shown that you are unwilling/unable to do so.  Roll Eyes

Give a list of subjects from which to pick and let's see what happens.  I am betting a two way pissing contest between you and Bow.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

President in Exile Bama Beau
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Havana ball.

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Print Post  

Harry is an interesting character. He is highly intelligent, yet he is deeply flawed.
He rises above the crowd, interestingly enough, for both reasons. He has always been,
and will continue to be, one of my favorite people on this or any forum. He was also
one of the favorites of two of my other all time favorites, LadyLawyer and Rick.
He is special. But for all his gifts, he is also deeply conflicted and tragically insecure.
He also might drink too much or too often, but then, who am I to say? There
but by the Grace of God go I, and so I will be the last to judge him or cast
aspersions on anyone for that. Yes, he is trollish. No, I don't know that he
sees it that way. He thinks that he is smarter than pretty much all of us,
and in his insecurity he sees any assault on his ideas, logic or conclusions
as an attack on him personally. So he lashes out. He lashes out and he gets
a response and that response validates him and so he keeps lashing out
and in that way he gains recognition and he keeps himself at the center
of attention and he feels that he is a force to be reckoned with, if only on
this tiny little insignificant internet forum. But guess what? I don't mind,
because by exposing himself as he does, whether he realizes that he is
doing it or not, he has made people here think or laugh or cringe or worse . . .
but he has been, whether anyone likes it or not, the heartbeat of this place
for most of the time I have been coming here and he has given many people
a reason to click on this forum and to think, laugh, cringe or worse with him.

I love the guy. It's no secret. I don't like posting here when he's not around.
I have returned in my most recognizable persona several times to try and bring
him back or to bring him out of the shadows. While admin doesn't pay me to
do it, and while he might even deny that I have fulfilled this very function
for the good of the forum in the past, I have happily come back here several
times over the years for that very reason. To me, LNF is not LNF without Harry.

So no matter what he says, or no matter how much he decries the very behavior
of which he is often the most guilty, I give you the one . . . the only . . . Harry!

Long may he wave.

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:51pm by President in Exile Bama Beau »  

Proud member: Coalition of the Decent.

IP Logged

I Wish You A Harry Christmas
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
President in Exile Bama Beau wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:32pm:

Harry is an interesting character. He is highly intelligent, yet he is deeply flawed.
He rises above the crowd, interestingly enough, for both reasons. He has always been,
and will continue to be, one of my favorite people on this or any forum. He was also
one of the favorites of two of my other all time favorites, LadyLawyer and Rick.
He is special. But for all his gifts, he is also deeply conflicted and tragically insecure.
He also might drink too much or too often, but then, who am I to say? There
but by the Grace of God go I, and so I will be the last to judge him or cast
aspersions on anyone for that. Yes, he is trollish. No, I don't know that he
sees it that way. He thinks that he is smarter than pretty much all of us,
and in his insecurity he sees any assault on his ideas, logic or conclusions
as an attack on him personally. So he lashes out. He lashes out and he gets
a response and that response validates him and so he keeps lashing out
and in that way he gains recognition and he keeps himself at the center
of attention and he feels that he is a force to be reckoned with, if only on
this tiny little insignificant internet forum. But guess what? I don't mind,
because by exposing himself as he does, whether he realizes that he is
doing it or not, he has made people here think or laugh or cringe or worse . . .
but he has been, whether anyone likes it or not, the heartbeat of this place
for most of the time I have been coming here and he has given many people
a reason to click on this forum and to think, laugh, cringe or worse with him.

I love the guy. It's no secret. I don't like posting here when he's not around.
I have returned in my most recognizable persona several times to try and bring
him back or to bring him out of the shadows. While admin doesn't pay me to
do it, and while he might even deny that I have fulfilled this very function
for the good of the forum in the past, I have happily come back here several
times over the years for that very reason. To me, LNF is not LNF without Harry.

So no matter what he says, or no matter how much he decries the very behavior
of which he is often the most guilty, I give you the one . . . the only . . . Harry!

Long may he wave.

Thanks for the interesting read. It's always interesting when you get to see yourself through the eyes of another. I kinda disagree with parts of your analysis, but over all, it's spot on.

I do love trolling the trolls. I hate self-important people. Those that cannot laugh at themselves are doomed.

This isn't about me, though. This is about the future of the forum.

IP Logged

President in Exile Bama Beau
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Havana ball.

Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I Wish You A Harry Christmas wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:26pm:
Thanks for the interesting read. It's always interesting when you get to see yourself through the eyes of another. I kinda disagree with parts of your analysis, but over all, it's spot on.

I do love trolling the trolls. I hate self-important people. Those that cannot laugh at themselves are doomed.

This isn't about me, though. This is about the future of the forum.

I think you are much like most of us in that we tend to dislike, criticize or attack other people more
when they display the character or personality traits that we most dislike within ourselves.

I also want to say that I just love how you started off your original contribution to this thread:

Quote:
I came here from a private forum run by a gay guy.

I'm not sure why you started out there, or why it cracks me up to read it . . .
I just know that it does crack me up. Anyway, I'm glad that you took my response
above in the spirit in which it was offered. LNF just wouldn't be LNF without you.

Proud member: Coalition of the Decent.

IP Logged

LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
President in Exile Bama Beau wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:43pm:

I think you are much like most of us in that we tend to dislike, criticize or attack other people more
when they display the character or personality traits that we most dislike within ourselves.

I also want to say that I just love how you started off your original contribution to this thread:

I'm not sure why you started out there, or why it cracks me up to read it . . .
I just know that it does crack me up. Anyway, I'm glad that you took my response
above in the spirit in which it was offered. LNF just wouldn't be LNF without you.

I started that way because it's the truth. It was the first political forum I ever belonged to. Lots of interesting interaction, but it was mostly liberal, and I gradually lost interest.

LNF, as flawed as it may be, is the most interesting place I've ever encountered on the internets.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #18 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
I Wish You A Harry Christmas wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
LNF, as flawed as it may be, is the most interesting place I've ever encountered on the internets.

I would agree. Facebook has overtaken it, in my view, though. There are so many more people there and you can find groups with great discussions. I have learned a great deal through facebook groups, and met some awesome people.

I don't worry about LNF for a second. It's a wonderful place.

And it will continue to be wonderful.

LNF is a lot like life. It's largely what you make it.

If you go looking to slay trolls, you will attract trolls and only those kinds of discussions and then LNF will be that for you. But if you treat it as a place to share ideas and discuss things like a mature adult, it can be that too.

I lapse and get into the gutter every now and then but generally speaking I find this place to very adaptable. You get out of it what you put in.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #19 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
I would agree. Facebook has overtaken it, in my view, though. There are so many more people there and you can find groups with great discussions. I have learned a great deal through facebook groups, and met some awesome people.

I don't worry about LNF for a second. It's a wonderful place.

And it will continue to be wonderful.

LNF is a lot like life. It's largely what you make it.

If you go looking to slay trolls, you will attract trolls and only those kinds of discussions and then LNF will be that for you. But if you treat it as a place to share ideas and discuss things like a mature adult, it can be that too.

I lapse and get into the gutter every now and then but generally speaking I find this place to very adaptable. You get out of it what you put in.

I think some here portray a character. Instead of speaking what they think and being who they are, they instead conform to what they what they think others would like them to be.

I guess you could say that I think some bend to peer pressure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What is LNF, and how does it survive?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules