Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What is LNF, and how does it survive?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What is LNF, and how does it survive? (Read 539 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: What is LNF, and how does it survive?
Reply #20 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:11pm:
I think some here portray a character. Instead of speaking what they think and being who they are, they instead conform to what they what they think others would like them to be.

I guess you could say that I think some bend to peer pressure.

Well as long as the character they are playing wants to discuss rather than harass, I welcome it.

All the worlds a stage, and all that jazz.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #21 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:14pm:
Well as long as the character they are playing wants to discuss rather than harass, I welcome it.

All the worlds a stage, and all that jazz.

I'm of the opinion that one should say, and defend, that which one truly believes.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #22 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:17pm:
I'm of the opinion that one should say, and defend, that which one truly believes.

Of course, I am as well.

I don't see that as a problem, though.

I don't find myself in conversations wondering what my opponent really thinks.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Electro-chemical signalling
is all the rage!

Reply #23 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:16am:
I came here from a private forum run by a gay guy. I enjoyed it until it was overtaken by the left. It started with people talking. It ended withe those I used to talk to preaching.

They told me why their way is right. They told me way my way is wrong.

All from their viewpoint. My voice didn't matter. I was made fun of.

I found LNF. The people here, even if I disagreed with them, talked. They put in the usual jabs. They didn't take prisoners, but they talked.

I talked to them as I would like them to talk to me. I won every award this forum has to offer, except for Conservative of the year. I'm proud of that. I'm proud of that because I won those awards because a mixed assembly of people, conservative, liberal, and middle of the road picked me out of the crowd and gave me the honor of holding them for a brief period.

They looked at me, me, and said, Harry, you represent us in these areas. We may not agree, but I have faith in you that you carry my ideas forward. Some of those guys are not around anymore. Some died. I wish they all were here now. This place would certainly be different.

Sorry for the morbid tone, but much has been lost. The thoughts of many, but more than that... the sense of the group. It may be a little cliche, but at one time we really had something. I know arguments raged. I know idiots were supreme. I know perfection never happened. I also know that I had friends. I knew when I signed in that certain people, left or right, would smile for me. They would smile at me. They would be glad I was here.

From that point, depending on the issue of the day, we may agree or disagree. Whatever happened, we would end as we started.

Today it seems that we approach others on the forum as either friend or foe. No intermediate role exists. We don't relate. We pound.

I miss my friends. I do.

I don't think anything has happened, as if something were supposedly not to happen. Friends, foes, meeting-in-the-middle, pounding each other outright, these are all normal interactions between people.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #24 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:38am
Print Post  
How does it survive? 

Not being censored.

One thing I have noticed about this forum is that there are a lot of loyal people here

We won't mention any other forum names Cheesy , but I noticed that other forums may have way more new members circulating but it's a whole another ballgame for them to keep posting

So in other words, more member turnover means nothing.

Too many forums are an "echo chamber" just liked BowHunter has described.

We won't mention any of those forum names also right Admin? Wink  Cheesy Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #25 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
I started that way because it's the truth. It was the first political forum I ever belonged to. Lots of interesting interaction, but it was mostly liberal, and I gradually lost interest.

LNF, as flawed as it may be, is the most interesting place I've ever encountered on the internets.

Eastside boxing used to be pretty good until it, too, was over run to beome a public peeing place...so much so, that the general forum was dissolved.

IP Logged

Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47
LNF Senior Staffer6

I knew that .

Reply #26 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 10:04am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:57am:
I am contending that I am not by far the only one who thinks that you're not a valid debater and there is an easy way for you to prove me wrong, but you won't do it, because you know that I am right.

The only posters that run away more than patrick are Seawolf and Wally .

LATEST HEADLINES. Actress who won Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony groped by Ailes, Cosby, Weinstein, Trump .
. . . A 'shocked' Pence storms out of strip club . . . Grownups ask for meeting with President . . . Report: only 5% of Puerto Rico has paper towels
. . . . Trump: my TVQ higher than Tillerson's . . . . Trump wants to renegotiate Louisiana Purchase

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What is LNF, and how does it survive?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog