Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › the fake news just keeps coming!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) the fake news just keeps coming! (Read 232 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: the fake news just keeps coming!
Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:31am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:03am:
What are the chances that the Dem. will produce someone so inept that they'll lose to that nincompoop, come the next presidential?

I'd say pretty  high.  The older I get, the more I realize that the average voter is pretty darned stupid.  Well, not stupid, but ignorant and ill-informed.  And being ignorant and ill-informed is not all that bad if one KNOWS one is ignorant and ill-informed.  But most of them are ignorant and ill-informed while BELIEVING they are neither.

The founders were right when they clearly stated that selecting a president should be as far removed from popular voting by the masses as possible.  The quality of the two candidates produced by that process this last cycle clearly proves it.  The fact that the incumbent still has wide support among his "base" also proves it. 

If things keep going like they are, I expect some serious Republican opposition to the incumbent in 2020.  And if things keep going like they are, I think the incumbent can be beaten in the primary.  And if things keep going like they are, I hope he is, for the future of our country AND what was once a "Grand Old Party."

But who knows?  A lawyer I know once said "Two things you can never understand - whom a woman will marry and whom a jury will acquit."  I will add to that: whom a popular vote will elect.  (I am not sure whom is the right word, maybe who is.  Grammar Nazis please forgive.)

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47
LNF Senior Staffer6

I knew that .

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:52am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:31am:
I'd say pretty  high.  The older I get, the more I realize that the average voter is pretty darned stupid.  Well, not stupid, but ignorant and ill-informed.  And being ignorant and ill-informed is not all that bad if one KNOWS one is ignorant and ill-informed.  But most of them are ignorant and ill-informed while BELIEVING they are neither.

The Dunning–Kruger effect

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude.

LATEST HEADLINES. Actress who won Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony groped by Ailes, Cosby, Weinstein, Trump .
. . . A 'shocked' Pence storms out of strip club . . . Grownups ask for meeting with President . . . Report: only 5% of Puerto Rico has paper towels
. . . . Trump: my TVQ higher than Tillerson's . . . . Trump wants to renegotiate Louisiana Purchase

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47 wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:52am:
The Dunning–Kruger effect

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude.

Non cogito ergo inanis sum...

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › the fake news just keeps coming!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog