Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas (Read 1,373 times)
20TRUMP20
LNF Staffer3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas
Reply #20 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:10am:
I have no doubt that what you say is largely true.

But it really doesn't matter to me. I am used to taking unpopular positions. It's kind of my thing.

I don't think by posting arguments about customary law that I am going to convince a bunch of people to become anarchists, or that by using data to show how minimum wage laws harm the most vulnerable, that I am going to sway many people on that issue either.

That would be great but it's not likely to happen.

As you often point out, our opinions are guided by emotion more than reason.

So I am just planting seeds while holding a few people accountable. And really nothing more.

At the end of the day, there is nothing gained by simply throwing in the towel. If that was my attitude, why would I even have an account here? Why would I even bother keeping up with this stuff?

If you are used to taking unpopular opinions and you know that history proves over and over again that one group of people is far more willing and able than another to succeed and prosper in almost any environment, why would you take the popular politically correct position about history and society instead of accepting the obvious proven truth that one group is more likely to succeed and prosper than another? It is not racist or unkind to admit the truth of the matter when in fact to deny the truth hurts everyone from those who would succeed being dragged down to those who would fail making sure that everyone else fails with them. Didn't this past election prove that the right people can and should win? We might mot have support for this argument in the lower levels of society here, but we have that support around the world among the good people who understand what it is to work and build a better future. History should be written by the strong, not the weak.

Saxon dog.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #21 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 12:27pm:
It's not a sea change. 

This is my whole position on the "Trump phenomenon." 

I know a lot of Trump supporters.  I grew up with a number of them.

They haven't changed.  They still believe the same shit they were saying in the 90s. They haven't changed one whit (as opposed to leftists who have changed dramatically in the same timeframe)

I wouldn't call any of them white supremacists.  Or misogynists. 

But now the left is trying to tie their beliefs to this tiny minority position of Richard Spencer's.  And you're facilitating that in this thread.  And it's not just a mistake it's ethically wrong.

The alt-right is splitting in half, and white nationalists like Richard Spencer want it back

Define the alt right for me TL.

Queshank

I agree that these ideas are not new. You had Pat Buchanan saying similar stuff in the 90's albeit in a more restrained and race neutral tone.

And it was somewhat fringe for the time.

The establishment conservatives may have paid lip service here and there to these ideas but you could tell it was not sincere.

Now the script has flipped. These ideas are in ascendance both in the political mainstream and in social media.

I am not saying this stuff is new.

I am just saying it is is becoming more popular than ever before. Is it a sea change? I can't say for sure without a synoptic view of the whole.

I can only say that it appears from my narrow sample of political activity that things are different.

Regarding the split in the alt-right, I cannot speak to that. I don't have enough participation in those politics to say one way or the other. I would note that the alt-lite rally was much smaller than the one Richard Spencer organized, as per the article.

To answer your question regarding the alt-right, I would argue there is no one definition. It's a diverse group. Some of it is merely people who like sharing dank memes- people who see the hypocrisy of the entire SJW project and want to rub it in the face of the left. I have no doubt this is how it largely started.

But there is also a dark side to all this. There is talk about white genocide and the need for a white ethno state. The deeper you get in alt-right thought, the more this stuff comes up. I did an entire thread on the so-called dark enlightenment.

I would say this point of view is the essence of the alt-right ideology.

It's about opposition to a cosmopolitan world and universal values such as liberty and equality. And all under the guise of saving western civilization.

Fundamentally, it rejects a vision of humanity as one community and instead takes a tribal tact. This is inherently anti-liberal.

And I would suggest it threatens civilization.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #22 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
20TRUMP20 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:02pm:
If you are used to taking unpopular opinions and you know that history proves over and over again that one group of people is far more willing and able than another to succeed and prosper in almost any environment, why would you take the popular politically correct position about history and society instead of accepting the obvious proven truth that one group is more likely to succeed and prosper than another? It is not racist or unkind to admit the truth of the matter when in fact to deny the truth hurts everyone from those who would succeed being dragged down to those who would fail making sure that everyone else fails with them. Didn't this past election prove that the right people can and should win? We might mot have support for this argument in the lower levels of society here, but we have that support around the world among the good people who understand what it is to work and build a better future. History should be written by the strong, not the weak.

Are you saying that there are genetic or biological differences among races?

I definitely reject that thinking and question what history you have in mind.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

20TRUMP20
LNF Staffer3

Reply #23 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Are you saying that there are genetic or biological differences among races?

I definitely reject that thinking and question what history you have in mind.

I am saying that one group historically succeeds and prospers better in almost any age or environment than does any other. That is history.

Saxon dog.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #24 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
20TRUMP20 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
I am saying that one group historically succeeds and prospers better in almost any age or environment than does any other. That is history.

And I am asking if you think this is genetic or biological?

Or is it situational and institutional?

*I also question that conclusion.

IP Logged

20TRUMP20
LNF Staffer3

Reply #25 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
And I am asking if you think this is genetic or biological?

Or is it situational and institutional?

*I also question that conclusion.

I'm saying that it is undeniable so why deny it or put some kind of politically correct spin on it when it is undeniably true? And BTW, why is it that you automatically know which group or groups that I am speaking of without either of us mentioning them by name? Is it because these truths are almost universally known to be true whether people deny them or not?

Saxon dog.

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Electro-chemical signalling
is all the rage!

Reply #26 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 2:09pm:
"Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-w...

This is a long read but

..but don't bother because it's just a drawn-out version of bullshittery.

Quote:
worth it for it helps shine some light on the origins of the alt-right and their links to Bannon and co.

Shining light on something is so, chic!

Quote:
This is not just partisan politics as usual.

Um, yes, yes it is.

Quote:
The alt-right is channeling a dark enlightenment. They see the enlightenment ideas of universal liberty and equality as chimera and welcome a return of the ancien regime- a return to feudalism and monarchy.

Political vomit.

Quote:
The great Liberal project is to combat these ideas and explain how the universal rights of man are necessary for the maintenance of civilization.

You're a leftist tool. You just don't realize it.

Might win an Oscar, you cain't never tell...
IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #27 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
20TRUMP20 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:34pm:
I'm saying that it is undeniable so why deny it or put some kind of politically correct spin on it when it is undeniably true?

What is undeniable?

You haven't answered the question.

I'll ask again.

Do you think the differences you are discussing are driven by biology or situational factors?

For it seems to me you are saying that the races are biologically different. And we know that is not true.

That's the old race realism song and dance- which is really pseudo science.

Quote:
And BTW, why is it that you automatically know which group or groups that I am speaking of without either of us mentioning them by name? Is it because these truths are almost universally known to be true whether people deny them or not?

Easy. You are in a thread about racism. And your opinion about racial inferiority is pretty obvious.

I would have to be blind not to see where you are heading, thus my questions.

IP Logged

20TRUMP20
LNF Staffer3

Reply #28 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
What is undeniable?

You haven't answered the question.

I'll ask again.

Do you think the differences you are discussing are driven by biology or situational factors?

For it seems to me you are saying that the races are biologically different. And we know that is not true.

That's the old race realism song and dance- which is really pseudo science.

Easy. You are in a thread about racism. And your opinion about racial inferiority is pretty obvious.

I would have to be blind not to see where you are heading, thus my questions.

And you have yet to disprove that one group succeeds and prospers in almost any situation or environment while another group does not.
BTW, you can't because it is undeniably true. I don't deny the Holocaust because it is undeniable. I don't deny climate change for the same reason.
Why would you or anyone deny that given the opportunity to compete on a planetasry level that one group always seems to succeed, prosper and gain the upper hand? And since that is true, and by their actions those people have proven themselves the best suited to lead and succeed, why would you hamstring humanity by denying them their due?

Saxon dog.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #29 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
20TRUMP20 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:45pm:
And you have yet to disprove that one group succeeds and prospers in almost any situation or environment while another group does not.
BTW, you can't because it is undeniably true. I don't deny the Holocaust because it is undeniable. I don't deny climate change for the same reason.
Why would you or anyone deny that given the opportunity to compete on a planetasry level that one group always seems to succeed, prosper and gain the upper hand? And since that is true, and by their actions those people have proven themselves the best suited to lead and succeed, why would you hamstring humanity by denying them their due?

It's a straight forward question.

Surely you can answer it...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules