Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tax Policy Center: Poor/Middle Class don't fare well under Trump Tax Plan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Tax Policy Center: Poor/Middle Class don't fare well under Trump Tax Plan (Read 1,124 times)
The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Re: Tax Policy Center: Poor/Middle Class don't fare well under Trump Tax Plan
Reply #20 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:53pm:
So when I go and buy a burger, that takes the appearance of government? How so?

Yea.. That's the lack of detail I was talking about.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #21 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
The Wreath of Khan wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
Libertarianism is a 'pie in the sky' sort of thing.

How do you figure?  And how "pie in the sky" is it relative to any other form of political ideology?

Quote:
A ethos that can only exist in thought experiments resplendent with a lack of detail.

Could you further explain this?

Quote:
When pressed for detail, every horizontal agent takes on the appearance of government closing the loop. 

What does this mean?

Quote:
It will quickly bore one to tears. Still, I enjoy mental masturbation as much as anyone.

Cool.  What does this have to do with the topic of the thread?  Or with my post which was meant to point out that nobody knows what, for example, the child tax credit amount will be or what the income ranges will be for the planned tax brackets?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #22 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 9:38am:
What would you expect him to say.  He is President Donald Trump's new Council of Economic Advisors chair.

Yes.  Yes!

We're onto something here Wadsworth.

Capture that feeling that elicited this response.  "What would you expect him to say.  He is President Donald Trump's new Council of Economic Advisors chair."

Now we gotta step into the abstract.  It requires channeling things like "empathy" and "understanding."

Pretend you're a Republican.  I know I know!  Crazy right?  They're like aliens from another planet.  Their brains are wired completely differently than enlightened folk like us.  Stuck in Neanderthal mode I'm sure is the problem.  An evolutionary misfire.

But let's pretend.  You're Wadsworth - R.  Not Wadsworth - D. 

Now with your Wadsworth - R hat on (It doesn't have to be a MAGA hat) what do you think when you see things like:

Queshank wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 9:34am:
It's a pity that mainstream media outlets refer to the TPC as "nonpartisan." They're not. TPC staff is chock-full of former Obama economists.

Are they objective?  Can they be trusted?

We're onto something magnificent here Wadsworth.  We're digging at the root of the concept of the term "alternative facts."  But this is just a start. We gotta go further.

Why do you distrust the analysis of a guy who has a PhD in economics, worked for the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, and taught at Columbia Business School ... all indicators he knows what he's talking about ... but trust implicitly "Obama economists" many with far less credentials?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #23 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:08am
Print Post  
The Wreath of Khan wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
Yea.. That's the lack of detail I was talking about.

So were both talking about a lack of detail.

Perhaps we have something to unpack?

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #24 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
Would the so-called specifics change that the spirit of the tax cut largely benefits only the top percentiles? If so, please explain. The article even points out that even without the specifics, even a conservative tax institution came to the same conclusion.

Any tax cut for the top is going to benefit that segment likely more than any other which makes sense because that segment pays the overwhelming majority of income taxes.

Deny, Ignore, Evade, Distract, Place Blame Elsewhere!  Must defend the Trump Messiah!

But, but, but....but Hillary, but Lynch, but Obama, but Boosh, but Clinton!

IP Logged

20TRUMP20
LNF Staffer3

Reply #25 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
The poor aren't supposed to "fare well". They are supposed to work harder and become less poor. You don't work hard and exploit every opportunity to take control and rise to the top of a civilization only to turn the thing on its head in order to make sure that the losers win and the poor "fare well". If you aren't poor and you feel bad for people who are, that's on you. Go do something about it on your own. But don't expect others to give two shits about the stupid and lazy people who are already faring better than they would on their own not doing better because those smarter and more industrious than themselves who have made it won't share more of what they have earned. Screw the poor. They are poor for a reason.

Saxon dog.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #26 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:17pm:

"Most of these people pay other federal taxes, including payroll taxes."

Then why not put that in bold?

So?

Are you saying the rich don't have to pay Social security as well for example ?
It's also not the same. It's more like an insurance policy Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:37am:
Yes.  Yes!

We're onto something here Wadsworth.

Capture that feeling that elicited this response.  "What would you expect him to say.  He is President Donald Trump's new Council of Economic Advisors chair."

Now we gotta step into the abstract.  It requires channeling things like "empathy" and "understanding."

Pretend you're a Republican.  I know I know!  Crazy right?  They're like aliens from another planet.  Their brains are wired completely differently than enlightened folk like us.  Stuck in Neanderthal mode I'm sure is the problem.  An evolutionary misfire.

But let's pretend.  You're Wadsworth - R.  Not Wadsworth - D. 

Now with your Wadsworth - R hat on (It doesn't have to be a MAGA hat) what do you think when you see things like:

Are they objective?  Can they be trusted?

We're onto something magnificent here Wadsworth.  We're digging at the root of the concept of the term "alternative facts."  But this is just a start. We gotta go further.

Why do you distrust the analysis of a guy who has a PhD in economics, worked for the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, and taught at Columbia Business School ... all indicators he knows what he's talking about ... but trust implicitly "Obama economists" many with far less credentials?

Queshank

I am not sure what A has to do with B.  My point is that when you are working for a president and agrees with whatever he says, it is pointless to say that what he says is relevant.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Is it your money or the governments?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:56am:
Is it your money or the governments?

Are you not a part of the government?

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tax Policy Center: Poor/Middle Class don't fare well under Trump Tax Plan

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules