Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The thread entropy problem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The thread entropy problem (Read 515 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: The thread entropy problem
Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:57am:
if it has any meat to it, it won't stay stolen.  If it doesn't, it deserves to be stolen.  It's just an internet forum, you know.

Meat or no meat, people who want to engage in stream-of-consciousness blabber should head to a teenage chat site.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
The trick is to start threads that are so interesting people don't want to talk about anything else.

Much of what gets posted is petty partisan bs and you can only say so much about that.

If it's not interesting, they should go elsewhere.  If a movie is no good, I get up and leave, I don't strike up a sports conversation with the people around me.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:41pm:
If it's not interesting, they should go elsewhere.  If a movie is no good, I get up and leave, I don't strike up a sports conversation with the people around me.  Roll Eyes

Well, there is a certain amount of chaos inherent in these sorts of things. I don't think it's necessarily bad but I do agree that it is rude to derail a good conversation.

It's too easy to start another thread.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:49pm:
Well, there is a certain amount of chaos inherent in these sorts of things. I don't think it's necessarily bad but I do agree that it is rude to derail a good conversation.

It's too easy to start another thread.

It's rude to derail ANY conversation.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #14 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
It's rude to derail ANY conversation.

Eh a lot of threads would simply die with only one or two responses unless someone picks up the ball and punts it in a new direction.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #15 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Eh a lot of threads would simply die with only one or two responses unless someone picks up the ball and punts it in a new direction.

Or they could just push the "start new topic" button.  Then they would not be wasting the time of someone who sees what is to them an interesting topic, opens the last page, and finds something entirely different, or worse a multi-post pissing contest.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The thread entropy problem

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules