Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Berlin, 1935 .......... Berkley 2017
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Berlin, 1935 .......... Berkley 2017 (Read 464 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: Berlin, 1935 .......... Berkley 2017
Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:47pm:
That should be obvious - the Nazis are about ten guys in the middle of the woods somewhere in the south.  Antifa is tens of thousands of highly organized thugs wrecking cities, invading universities, shutting down political opponents' rallies and speeches - there's no comparison at all. 

Did you see the Charlottesville coverage? That's not 10 guys.

Or how about the alt-right's presence and dominance of social media? Granted there is a some sockpuppetry happening there, but I know several alt-right people in real life. I don't know any Antifa.

Have you seen the battles of Berkley where the alt-right vastly outnumbering Antifa?

My read is the alt-right is probably the larger of the two groups, by a significant margin. This is not to say that everyone of these people is a Nazi, like the Charlottesville blood and soil set. That would be an oversimplification.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Did you see the Charlottesville coverage? That's not 10 guys.

Or how about the alt-right's presence and dominance of social media? Granted there is a some sockpuppetry happening there, but I know several alt-right people in real life. I don't know any Antifa.

Have you seen the battles of Berkley where the alt-right vastly outnumbering Antifa?

My read is the alt-right is probably the larger of the two groups, by a significant margin. This is not to say that everyone of these people is a Nazi, like the Charlottesville blood and soil set. That would be an oversimplification.

Give me your list of leftwing speakers driven off campus by the alt right.  Soros backs Antifa, BLM, etc:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/the-anti-fascist-fascist/

Give me your list of billionaires who finance the Nazis.

Or better yet - give it up.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:16pm:
Give me your list of leftwing speakers driven off campus by the alt right.  Soros backs Antifa, BLM, etc:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/the-anti-fascist-fascist/

Give me your list of billionaires who finance the Nazis.

Or better yet - give it up.

Why would I give you a list of speakers driven off by the alt-right? Where do I claim such a list existed?

Strawman much?

As far as billionaires financing Nazi's, how about the Mercer Family, and William Regenery.

But then I have to ask, where did I say I had a list of billionaires financing the alt-right?

Give it up, Pat. You are in bed with white nationalists. You have reacted so hard against left wing PC snowflakism that you have popped around on the other side and have become the mirror image of what you despise in them- a identity focused tribalist with his own brand of political correctness.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:40pm:
Why would I give you a list of speakers driven off by the alt-right? Where do I claim such a list existed?

Strawman much?

You've tried to make an equivalence between a handful of comical Nazis, and an organized, numerous, well-financed and destructive libfascist group.  In many ways, the comparison is ridiculous.

Quote:
As far as billionaires financing Nazi's, how about the Mercer Family, and William Regenery.

How about them?  Speak up.

Quote:
Give it up, Pat. You are in bed with white nationalists.

When all else fails, and with you it fails rather quickly, drag out the personal attacks.  Wink

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #14 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:15pm:
You've tried to make an equivalence between a handful of comical Nazis, and an organized, numerous, well-financed and destructive libfascist group.  In many ways, the comparison is ridiculous.

I haven't tried to make any equivalence between these groups. I have no idea which has more members.

I would note your attempt to downplay the alt-right, and the white nationalism associated with it.

I wonder why that is?
Quote:
How about them?  Speak up.

What about them? Speak up!

Quote:
When all else fails, and with you it fails rather quickly, drag out the personal attacks.  Wink

I am just borrowing your "give it up" quip and repurposing it. Don't like the heat? Stay out the kitchen!  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Berlin, 1935 .......... Berkley 2017

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules