Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › If government was 100% liberal.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If government was 100% liberal. (Read 736 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: If government was 100% liberal.
Reply #10 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
Our prisons would be a lot more empty because all murderers, rapists, drug dealers, kidnappers, extortionists, embezzlers, vandals, etc. would be put to death.

Welfare benefits would only be given to American citizens who are either physically or mentally handicapped and are unable to work. This does not include obese people who say, "I'm too fat to work."

Illegal immigration would be a thing of the past because all educational, health and financial benefits to these illegals would cease to exist. If you're here illegally, you get nothing.

The drug problem would be severely lessened because the supply would be cut off. All drug dealers would receive automatic death.

Every adult American would pay the same tax rate. It wouldn't matter if you're filthy rich or dirt poor. Everyone would pay, say, 12%.

Abortion would be illegal. Gay marriage would be illegal.

There would be severe cuts to government programs.

There would be no minimum wage. And regulations upon private businesses would be severely lessened.

Affirmative action would be history. Everyone would be judged on their own personal merits.

I'm sure I can think of more stuff. Maybe invest in wi-fi across the country.

He said conservative, not Jasmine.

What about bathroom rules? You didn't say that.
Would there still be black history month?
Would NA's get free college?
Would Soldiers get free college?

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #11 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:06pm:
We'd probably have a bozo that causes drama on Twitter all the time instead of successfully fulfilling his top campaign promises and a congress that can't get anything done despite having majorities in both houses.

Oh wait...

Silly Phillip.  Roll Eyes

1. Trump is not really a conservative.

2. The question TL posed was, "What would the U.S. would be if the conservatives completely controlled our government?" So if the conservatives completely controlled Congress and the White House, there would be no gridlock whatsoever because everyone would be of the same mindset.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
He said conservative, not Jasmine.

What about bathroom rules? You didn't say that.
Would there still be black history month?
Would NA's get free college?
Would Soldiers get free college?

I am the *EPITOME* of "conservative."

Bathroom rules? Everything would be normal. Tranny freaks either go into the right bathroom, or they can do it in some alley.

Black History Month? That's not a government thing.

NA's? What's that?

Soldiers get free college? I guess, if that's part of their benefits package.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #13 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
I am the *EPITOME* of "conservative."

Bathroom rules? Everything would be normal. Tranny freaks either go into the right bathroom, or they can do it in some alley.

Black History Month? That's not a government thing.

NA's? What's that?

Soldiers get free college? I guess, if that's part of their benefits package.

NA's- Native Americans
Black history month is a states right to segregate. States should be allowed to segregate?

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #14 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
Our prisons would be a lot more empty because all murderers, rapists, drug dealers, kidnappers, extortionists, embezzlers, vandals, etc. would be put to death.

Welfare benefits would only be given to American citizens who are either physically or mentally handicapped and are unable to work. This does not include obese people who say, "I'm too fat to work."

Illegal immigration would be a thing of the past because all educational, health and financial benefits to these illegals would cease to exist. If you're here illegally, you get nothing.

The drug problem would be severely lessened because the supply would be cut off. All drug dealers would receive automatic death.

Every adult American would pay the same tax rate. It wouldn't matter if you're filthy rich or dirt poor. Everyone would pay, say, 12%.

Abortion would be illegal. Gay marriage would be illegal.

There would be severe cuts to government programs.

There would be no minimum wage. And regulations upon private businesses would be severely lessened.

Affirmative action would be history. Everyone would be judged on their own personal merits.

I'm sure I can think of more stuff. Maybe invest in wi-fi across the country.

I'm not sure that your particular flavor of bloodlust is that widely shared, Jas. Are you sure that's what conservatism looks like?

Or could we be more realistic and dial it back? For one, we can't even keep drugs out of prisons. Do conservatives really want the blood of peaceful people on their hands? I don't think so.

And the draw of the US to immigrants is also rooted in the economic opportunity found in the US. I don't think cutting immigrants off from benefits is going to end immigration. Indeed it might increase it if they get to work without paying the same tax liability.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:16pm:
NA's- Native Americans
Black history month is a states right to segregate. States should be allowed to segregate?

Well, I said I would end affirmative action. That would mean no free anything for any ethnic group.

I thought "Black History Month" was a private thing. If it's a government thing, that would end.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 4:11am:
What would America be like if everyone in government was a leftist-libbie?

I'm talking the President, VP, every Senator, every Representative, every judge. 100%.

Would all of our nation's ills go away?

What would our economy be like?

Would we still have nuclear weapons?

Would we still be a global superpower?

Would we still be allowed to own guns?

Would we retain any sexual morals whatsoever?

You would get free food, a gastric band, and counselling about your sociopathic opinions.

Win!

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:21pm:
Or could we be more realistic and dial it back?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

If conservatives completely controlled government, there would be no need for any compromise.

That's why I put up this thread. What would happen if one side had *COMPLETE* control?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #18 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
TL, I'll pose the question to you:

What if the country was entirely controlled by libertarians? How would the country be different? What would our nation look like?

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:27pm:
TL, I'll pose the question to you:

What if the country was entirely controlled by libertarians? How would the country be different? What would our nation look like?

Well this could be answered in two ways, the minarchist way with minimal government or the anarcho-capitalist variety.

We have done anarchy to death so I'll answer in the minarchist vein.

A libertarian controlled government would limit itself to protecting people from invasion, theft, and other forms of trespass against their body or property.

It would tax people only to protect them in this way. Otherwise they would have to voluntarily pool their own funds and pay for the services they wanted.

There would be no controls on prices or wages. No laws criminalizing consensual acts among consenting adults- meaning no war on drugs, no blue laws, and no laws against prostitution or gambling.

This is not to say society itself would not have norms and means of creating costs for these sorts of vices, but they wouldn't be imposed at the point of a gun.

The only norms that would be imposed at the point of a gun would be those rooted in defending person and property.

Civil society would take a much larger role in public life, as people would need to associate to solve many public questions which today are solved through political forms of decision making, in a top down fashion.

The libertarian form of government would leave people free to make these decisions on their own, so that norms and institutions bubble up from the bottom, in an emergent and evolutionary order rather than something that was consciously planned and designed.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › If government was 100% liberal.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules