Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NRA Gun Nuts... Laughing Stock of the World
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NRA Gun Nuts... Laughing Stock of the World (Read 1,377 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: NRA Gun Nuts... Laughing Stock of the World
Reply #80 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:00pm:
The English were Catholics back then.

Yeah, but it wasn't the Church that burned her, although the English tried to trick the whole thing up in official Church clothes.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #81 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:47pm:
Sure these is evidence.  There is the Bible, there is the existence of the Christian church in Europe, Africa and the Middle East for 2000 years.

You reject this evidence out of hand, of course.

The type of evidence that you want is not available.  You want Jesus here, right in front of you, to perform a miracles or something so scientists can confirm it.

You have a point.

Let's start by defining terms.

To me, "divinity" is something ascribed by a religious person or group, for reasons of their own, often entirely benign.

On that definition, yep, your evidence is solid.

If, on t'other hand, you are using the word "divinity" to refer to actual, real world miraculous beings, sorry, no, you couldn't be more wrong. You have no meaningful evidence at all.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #82 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:35pm:
If, on t'other hand, you are using the word "divinity" to refer to actual, real world miraculous beings, sorry, no, you couldn't be more wrong. You have no meaningful evidence at all.

Essentially: I didn't see it, so I won't believe it.   Wink

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #83 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 7:03am:
Yes and you are aware that it is a historical account that can be proved or disproved, thus verify or destroy it's credibility?

no it is a book written by men many years after the claimed events happened, ever played an old game called telephone?
so tell me when they proved the parting of the Red Sea, the flood that Noah built an ark for, the feeding of the masses by jesus ...

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #84 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:08pm:
no it is a book written by men many years after the claimed events happened, ever played an old game called telephone?
so tell me when they proved the parting of the Red Sea, the flood that Noah built an ark for, the feeding of the masses by jesus ...

Have you ever read the book of Isaiah from the Dead Sea scrolls to see whether your claim is true?  It is over 1000 years old and matches today's Bible.  You can go online and read it in any language.

http://dss.collections.imj.org.il

Not here to convince you, just intro you to him.  As I state often, in the end we get our answers, hope you are not wrong.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:24pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #85 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:41pm
Print Post  

so you have either never played the game Telephone or don't want to answer the question.  okay fine.
please don't misunderstand I respect your beliefs & faith but I am simply saying it is that faith that makes you believe.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #86 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:41pm:
so you have either never played the game Telephone or don't want to answer the question.  okay fine.
please don't misunderstand I respect your beliefs & faith but I am simply saying it is that faith that makes you believe.

I did answer and you ignored it.  If you could prove the telephone theory you could prove it with the link I gave you to one of the oldest manuscripts found called the Dead Sea Scrolls.  In it contains all 66 chapters of the book of Isaiah which you can actually compare today's scripture with the actual manuscript.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #87 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 10:41pm
Print Post  

you are right in your faith, god bless you & keep the faith.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #88 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Yes he did exist! No he's not around today. That guy was tried, found guilty and put to death a long time ago for being a fraud.

Johnny, I know it is hard for some people to believe there is some kind of life after you die. When I was a kid and went to church with my Grandfather every Sunday, I believed there was a Jesus. Grandpa died when I was 14. As I grew older and got away from church a bit, and I was not behaving like I did in my younger years which was not that great, but now with my motorcycle guys and girls, I didn’t think much about Jesus like when it was Sunday and I was a kid. I was not a true atheist, and believe it or not no one I knew was one either. But we laughed about what we knew we were doing that was not right. Now I cannot explain exactly what made me know there is a hereafter. But one fine day, I was severely injured. I was told I almost died. I was in the hospital for five weeks, it was months before I could walk without crutches. But while I was out cold for four days in the hospital floating around the ceiling and looking down at myself in that bed with people coming and going taking care of me, there was someone or something floating with me. I could not get a good look at it, he, she whatever, but more than once it asked me, “do you want to go, or do you want to stay”. I never answered, so I guess I stayed. I am still here. And this is no bull shit Johnny. And I think it has happened to other people too.
And because of my injuries, that is why I stopped smoking, and got into body building to get my strength back, but met some guys that were more for being Mr. America type and got involved. I am still very healthy and go to the gym four times a week. And I know there is a God, and I always ask him to give me my healthy, strong, muscular body and don’t let me hurt myself. And for the strength I have, I always thank Jesus.

Smiley

Freedom&&&&

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #89 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 11:04pm
Print Post  

good for you Arch, keep your faith as it seems to give you peace.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NRA Gun Nuts... Laughing Stock of the World

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog