Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work (Read 453 times)
Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Re: Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work
Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:57am:
Where in heaven's name can I find a list of racist foods?  When did blacks become the only race that enjoyed watermelon?  Will I be charged as a racially insensitive shopper if I buy 1/4 of watermelon for mr crepe and me? 

Detroit, you are in a financial mess.  Your city is in shambles.  People have moved out to the suburbs because of all of the crime in your city, and you're worried about a gift of food from a new firefighter?  BTW,  did the firefighters eat the watermelon or give it to the poor, or stomp on it, or tell the former firefighter to take it home with him?  If they ate it, then a double shame on them.

It's ok if you're 3/4 African American, only the 1/4 of you that isn't can eat the watermelon, otherwise you'd just be burning yourself.

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Re: Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work
Reply #11 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/10/watermelons-watermelon-afp-photo-640x48...

By: Katherine Rodriguez
8 Oct 2017

A Detroit firefighter was fired before he officially began his first day on the job for bringing a watermelon to work.

Robert Pattison, 41, introduced himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at the corner of Joy and Southfield in Detroit by bringing a welcome gift, WJBK reported.

Second Battalion Chief Shawn McCarty calls this welcome gift “a tradition” for Engine 55’s firefighters.

“It’s not mandatory, it’s voluntary,” he said. “You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts, but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in.”

Some black firefighters were reportedly offended by Pattison’s gesture since 90 percent of the firefighters at Engine 55 are black.

McCarty said that some people at the firehouse claim it is “racially insensitive” to bring a watermelon to a firehouse.

Pattison argued that he did not bring in the watermelon as a joke and had no intention of offending his colleagues.

Fire Commissioner Eric Jones said in a statement that Pattison was officially discharged:

There is zero tolerance for discriminatory behavior inside the Detroit Fire Department. On Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, at Engine 55, a trial firefighter (probationary employee) engaged in unsatisfactory work behavior which was deemed offensive and racially insensitive to members of the Detroit Fire Department. After a thorough investigation, it was determined that the best course of action was to terminate the employment of this probationary employee.

MORE>http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/08/detroit-firefighter-fired-bri...

Same thing happened to me actually and is the only reason I didn't make fire chief by now.   It was a bunch of white Canadian SAR guys and I accidentally brought ginger ale to the picnic.  F*ck my life, who knew?!   Undecided

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
It's like bringing veggies to a Texan barbecue...

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama Hillary Lynch and
James Comey for prison

Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:28pm:

Not as bad as bringing beans to a Mexican barbecue  Cheesy

Liberalism The incurable disease.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:28pm:

hey hey hey cole slaw & pinto beans are great with BBQ   Cool

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
He should of brought grape soda and fried chicken

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #16 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:35pm:
He should of brought grape soda and fried chicken

red soda, it's better with chicken

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #17 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/10/watermelons-watermelon-afp-photo-640x48...

By: Katherine Rodriguez
8 Oct 2017

A Detroit firefighter was fired before he officially began his first day on the job for bringing a watermelon to work.

Robert Pattison, 41, introduced himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at the corner of Joy and Southfield in Detroit by bringing a welcome gift, WJBK reported.

Second Battalion Chief Shawn McCarty calls this welcome gift “a tradition” for Engine 55’s firefighters.

“It’s not mandatory, it’s voluntary,” he said. “You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts, but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in.”

Some black firefighters were reportedly offended by Pattison’s gesture since 90 percent of the firefighters at Engine 55 are black.

McCarty said that some people at the firehouse claim it is “racially insensitive” to bring a watermelon to a firehouse.

Pattison argued that he did not bring in the watermelon as a joke and had no intention of offending his colleagues.

Fire Commissioner Eric Jones said in a statement that Pattison was officially discharged:

There is zero tolerance for discriminatory behavior inside the Detroit Fire Department. On Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, at Engine 55, a trial firefighter (probationary employee) engaged in unsatisfactory work behavior which was deemed offensive and racially insensitive to members of the Detroit Fire Department. After a thorough investigation, it was determined that the best course of action was to terminate the employment of this probationary employee.

MORE>http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/08/detroit-firefighter-fired-bri...

Me-

Engine 55 firefighters-

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #18 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:15pm:
red soda, it's better with chicken

That's because you're white/or not black.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #19 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
That's because you're white/or not black.

Ha Ha I bet you eat Church's Chicken  Cool

and no grape soda here

https://popeyes.com/menu/beverages/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog