Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump has Played the Media, or, Que is Right
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump has Played the Media, or, Que is Right (Read 497 times)
wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Trump has Played the Media, or, Que is Right
Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
In today's White House press briefing, 2 major topics (related topics) were the subsidies that NFL teams get for stadiums and and the idea of respecting the flag.

All of these journalists who, let's be honest, are most likely left wing democrats, personally, are stuck in a position of needing to oppose the president and debate the press secretary (because, apparently, that is what the briefings are really for....gotcha questions and debate).  In doing so, they are arguing in opposition to respecting America, the flag and the anthem, and in favor of tax dollars going to support these massive football organizations.

It is funny that they fall into this trap and feel obligated to take one position that is wildly unpopular nationally (opposition to respecting the flag and anthem), and another that is a direct contradiction of recent historical positions of democrats and the left wing (supporting tax subsidies for NFL).

Why do they repeatedly let him play them like this?  This is huge first step in getting him re-elected.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Trump has Played the Media, or, Que is Right
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
In today's White House press briefing, 2 major topics (related topics) were the subsidies that NFL teams get for stadiums and and the idea of respecting the flag.

All of these journalists who, let's be honest, are most likely left wing democrats, personally, are stuck in a position of needing to oppose the president and debate the press secretary (because, apparently, that is what the briefings are really for....gotcha questions and debate).  In doing so, they are arguing in opposition to respecting America, the flag and the anthem, and in favor of tax dollars going to support these massive football organizations.

It is funny that they fall into this trap and feel obligated to take one position that is wildly unpopular nationally (opposition to respecting the flag and anthem), and another that is a direct contradiction of recent historical positions of democrats and the left wing (supporting tax subsidies for NFL).

Why do they repeatedly let him play them like this?  This is huge first step in getting him re-elected.

They follow him around, write down what he says and take pictures of what he does.  They ask questions of the toadies he sends out.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:40pm
Print Post  

One is not directly related to the other.  As a liberal, I believe that the players have a right to take a knee and the NFL or any other sport organization should not get tax subsidies.  If Trump and the GOP think that is a punishment for free speech, then so be it.  But that should not be the reason to eliminate the subsidies that they never should have gotten in the first place.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47
LNF Senior Staffer6

I knew that .

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
In today's White House press briefing,

From Transcript

Question about  Tillerson
Question about  Corker Confidence
Question about  Dreamers / Wall
Question about  NFL Respect  (45 seconds)
Question about  Tax Reform
Question about  Corker / Iran Deal
Question about  Alienating GOP Leaders
Question about  Decertify Iran Deal
Question about  Corker / Iran Oversight
Question about  Harvey Weinstein
Question about  Iran deal
Question about  Details on Executive Order on Healthcare
Question about  Corker’s assignment to position questioned.
Question about  Spain/Catalonia
Question about  Corker Iran Deal
Question about  Corporate Taxes /  Trump’s claim of highest
Question about  NAFTA
Question about  NFL Tax Breaks /  (35 seconds)
Question about  Pence NFL Stunt  (26 seconds)
Question about  Adjustment of Tax Bill
Question about  Number of vacant position in administration
Question about  Pence NFL Stunt  (32 seconds)
Question about  Corker denies Trump’s endorsement
Question about  NFL Tax Breaks (20 sec)
Question about  Tillerson IQ
Question about  Corporate Tax Reform

26 minutes total briefing

Let's do be honest.

LATEST HEADLINES. Actress who won Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony groped by Ailes, Cosby, Weinstein, Trump .
. . . A 'shocked' Pence storms out of strip club . . . Grownups ask for meeting with President . . . Report: only 5% of Puerto Rico has paper towels
. . . . Trump: my TVQ higher than Tillerson's . . . . Trump wants to renegotiate Louisiana Purchase

IP Logged

Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47
LNF Senior Staffer6

I knew that .

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:04pm:
They follow him around, write down what he says and take pictures of what he does.  They ask questions of the toadies he sends out. 

Trump is a genius.

LATEST HEADLINES. Actress who won Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony groped by Ailes, Cosby, Weinstein, Trump .
. . . A 'shocked' Pence storms out of strip club . . . Grownups ask for meeting with President . . . Report: only 5% of Puerto Rico has paper towels
. . . . Trump: my TVQ higher than Tillerson's . . . . Trump wants to renegotiate Louisiana Purchase

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Challenging the man on his remarks is...

a.) Playing to his strengths.
b.) Showing a liberal bias.
c.) Falling into his trap.
d.) Showing how stupid the left is.
e.) All of the above.

Is it me? Or are those the only options available to anyone even remotely left of center politically?

is f.) STFU my only option. :/

IMO, the right got to play butt-hurt and indignant for eight years and they won the next general election. Assuming political parties are mirror images, then the left getting butt-hurt and indignant should result in the election of a left leaning POTUS.

Maybe it's an inverse relationship and the quieter we (the left) are, the better our odds? Seems counter intuitive but it does allow the other side to hang themselves without being able to point blame...

I was all in with RESIST but take Q's observation of others' perspectives to heart. It does matter. How much weight to assign it though?

Right now the only solution appears to be for me to STFU and let the ass clown hang himself or prove himself over the remaining three years. Kinda like ignoring Neo-Nazis, Aryans and other white tribe wannabes during their legal rallies. Starve 'em all of oxygen. Hell, probably the best course of action but what fun is that!?

« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:41pm by Mojo-Jojo »  

For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind! The time has come to *oppose* that thumb!

A nothing burger!

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:57pm:
From Transcript

Question about  NAFTA

Let's do be honest.

Define "honest."  Are we talking "alternate honesty" or real honesty.  In Der Fuhrer's mind, alternate honesty is all that matters, and that changes based on which bright shiny object was last thrust in front of him or which of his underlings last "upstaged" him.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
I guess props to Trump for changing the functions of the POTUS to one of supposedly one upping the media, providing social commentary on sports athletes, and attacking private citizens on the twitter. I guess this is what you gotta do when you are too incompetent to influence the passage of major legislation through the U.S. Congress.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Cloistered Cyber Monk-Local47 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:57pm:
From Transcript

Question about  NAFTA

Let's do be honest.

What part of my statement are you contesting?

Mojo-Jojo wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:35pm:
Challenging the man on his remarks is...

a.) Playing to his strengths.
b.) Showing a liberal bias.
c.) Falling into his trap.
d.) Showing how stupid the left is.
e.) All of the above.

Is it me? Or are those the only options available to anyone even remotely left of center politically?

is f.) STFU my only option. :/

I mean, I think you have it kind of figured out as far as reporters/"objective" media go.

For regular partisan media and individuals, they would probably be well served to carry on in the way that Breitbart and Fox, for example, did throughout the Obama years (there are a number of organizations doing this, but perhaps they need one dominant player -- MSNBC comes to mind, but they need a powerful online media source with lots of grassroots to spread their words like the large, online conservative presence).

But ya, given what everyone knows about reports and "objective" journalists.  They don't have any good choices with a president like Trump, except, maybe to try really hard to write positive stories at the rate they did with Obama, so that when they do criticize, there is at least an appearance that they are being objective and not just attacking everything single move he makes.

Quote:
IMO, the right got to play butt-hurt and indignant for eight years and they won the next general election. Assuming political parties are mirror images, then the left getting butt-hurt and indignant should result in the election of a left leaning POTUS.

Sure.  The left getting "butt-hurt" is almost certainly the right move.  Reporters and folks who present themselves as objective media should not.  And I think this should apply to every reporter in that gets a spot in the White House press briefing.    The questions Jim Acosta, for example, asks when given the opportunity are helping Trump's re-election.  He is rightly mad with the way Trump talks about him (and that is wrong -- he certainly shouldn't talk like that), but retaliating through the way he constructs and asks questions is a losing fight.  Trump will win that fight.

Quote:
Maybe it's an inverse relationship and the quieter we (the left) are, the better our odds? Seems counter intuitive but it does allow the other side to hang themselves without being able to point blame...

No.  Again, I think "the left" is fine staying as loud as they can.  But the White House press pool should be objective.  They should be operating as objective reporters, not "the left".

Quote:
I was all in with RESIST but take Q's observation of others' perspectives to heart. It does matter. How much weight to assign it though?

Right now the only solution appears to be for me to STFU and let the ass clown hang himself or prove himself over the remaining three years. Kinda like ignoring Neo-Nazis, Aryans and other white tribe wannabes during their legal rallies. Starve 'em all of oxygen. Hell, probably the best course of action but what fun is that!?

I think there is some merit to this.  Always staying turned up to 11 with the criticism will eventually make 11 feel normal.  But again, it worked for Breitbart.  So I think it really is a matter of different roles for different groups and individuals.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
No real argument from me wyatt, just want to acknowledge your response and apologize for conflating the media and left leaning citizens. There is indeed some overlap but I was posting from a citizen's perspective and not the media's.

As to the media's role, I believe CNN is the left's FOX News which is great for them, right now, but reflects the partisan splintering at a higher level. I'm ok with media bias but would prefer a big firm or two stay purely objective and boring. There's already a bazillion (that's a REAL number) outlets for strongly partisan perspectives...would be sad to lose the middle entirely but if that's where they think the money's at, then there they'll go.

For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind! The time has come to *oppose* that thumb!

A nothing burger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump has Played the Media, or, Que is Right

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog