Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tolerating Sexual Assault?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tolerating Sexual Assault? (Read 317 times)
The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Tolerating Sexual Assault?
Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Why so many before someone does something about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------
>Of Weinstein "His hands were everywhere. It was an assault." Reeds said she had sent a letter containing her allegations to the editor of The New York Times.

>The Washington Post reported allegations by Kristin Anderson that Weinstein groped her beneath her skirt in a Hollywood nightclub in the early 1990s.

>Heller was introduced to Weinstein, who became angry when she avoided a kiss. He then "grabbed" her and, when he tried to kiss her, she turned her head. Weinstein kissed her on the side of the mouth "for a little too long" and then he left her.

>Temple Taggart McDowell publicly accused Weinstein of unwanted kisses and embraces that left McDowell and one of her chaperones so uncomfortable, according to McDowell, that she claimed she was instructed not to be left in a room alone with him again.

>27 year old Karena Virginia stated that in 1998, Weinstein grabbed her arm and touched her breast. She stated that Weinstein, who she had not met previously, approached her with a small group of other men, while commenting on her legs, then he grabbed her right arm. Virginia continued, "Then his hand touched the right side of my breast. I was in shock. I flinched. ‘Don’t you know who I am? Don’t you know who I am?’

>Mindy McGillivray stated that in January 2003, when she was 23 years old, she was groped by Weinstein at his estate.  She said, "All of a sudden I felt a grab, a little nudge. I think it's [my friend Ken Davidoff's] camera bag, that was my first instinct. I turn around and there's Harvey. He sort of looked away quickly." Ken Davidoff, a photographer, corroborated McGillivray's account, saying he remembered her pulling him aside moments after the alleged incident to say "Harvey just grabbed my ass!"

>Rachel Crooks was a 22-year-old receptionist at Bayrock Group, a real estate investment and development company in Weinstein Tower in Los Angeles. She says she encountered Weinstein in an elevator in the building one morning and turned to introduce herself. They shook hands, but Mr. Weinstein would not let go. Instead, he began kissing her cheeks, then directly on the mouth.

>Stoynoff described the alleged episode, "We walked into that room alone, and Weinstein shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat ... I was stunned. And I was grateful when Weinstein's longtime butler burst into the room a minute later, as I tried to unpin myself."  Stoynoff composed herself and conducted the interview, after which she said Weinstein repeatedly told her, "We're going to have an affair, I'm telling you."

>Ninni Laaksonen appeared with Weinstein on the Late Show with David Letterman on July 26, 2006.  Laaksonen claims that before they went on the air, Weinstein grabbed her buttocks. As Laaksonen describes the interaction: "He really grabbed my butt. I don’t think anybody saw it but I flinched and thought: "What is happening?"

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Tolerating Sexual Assault?
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
The Wreath of Khan wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:57pm:
Why so many before someone does something about it?

Differences in power and victim blaming.

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:17pm:
Differences in power and victim blaming.

Victim blaming.  Sure.  Whether it's blaming those that want the Confederate statues down or those on the receiving end of sexual advances.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
The Wreath of Khan wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:35pm:
Victim blaming.  Sure.  Whether it's blaming those that want the Confederate statues down or those on the receiving end of sexual advances.

You mean like how Hillary Clinton tried to blame the women who accused Bill of sexual advances?

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
And, yet again, it's worth noting: Under my system, Weinstein would have been executed long ago, sparing harm to many women he later molested.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #5 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:53pm:
And, yet again, it's worth noting: Under my system, Weinstein would have been executed long ago, sparing harm to many women he later molested.

Wait a sec.. Your punishment for molestation is death?  Really?

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
DeVos makes it easier on the attacker.

The Education Department announced Friday it is formally rescinding Obama-era guidance on how schools should handle sexual assaults under Title IX federal law.
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos announced earlier this month that her department was concerned that previous guidance denied proper due process to those accused.
As part of the interim guidance, the department released a Q&A outlining recommendations on how schools should respond, including guidance on what schools are obligated to do in response to allegations and their flexibility in establishing their own procedures.
The administration is formally withdrawing the Obama administration's "dear colleague letter" that some, including DeVos, have criticized for going too far. The standard for proof has been raised for school disciplinary proceedings in some instances, as different schools have different policies.

One aspect of the Obama-era guidance that remains is the responsibility of the school to investigate, rather than leave the matter to law enforcement.
Title IX is a federal law that prohibits discrimination based on sex for schools and programs that receive federal funding, including protection from sexual harassment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tolerating Sexual Assault?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules